The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not the beam between to two round concrete pylons.

Closest man on the left - look how the front tip of his red hat coincides with a concrete foundation. There is a narrow concrete ledge created by that foundation on the other side of the bridge that this photo doesn't show because it is hidden around the corner to the left.

Thanks Zorro, is where Allison was found visible in this picture? Just trying to get my bearings, from what I can gather she was found a short distance below the far pylon in the photo?

Bridge.jpg

Here is the picture showing it.

Thanks Zorro, is where Allison was found visible in this picture? Just trying to get my bearings, from what I can gather she was found a short distance below the far pylon in the photo?

<modsnip>

Didn’t GBC work for Flight Centre twice?

The first time was in the 1990s - he met Allison there in 1995 according to his court testimony http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...den-Clay-26th-June-Trial-Day-11-Week-3/page33. They were married in August 1997 and then went overseas.

On returning from their travels Allison rejoined the company, and GBC also worked there from 6 March 2000 until 18 August 2000 when he was made redundant and claimed damages.

I read somewhere that he is said to have used Flight Centre funds to pay for his wedding …

You're welcome dearest heart, I had to see and hear it too after Hooly got it started lol

And mostly because it may cost the employer $$$ in legal expenses and time which = $$$ in a business sense. In most cases it's easier to get rid of them and lick your (financial loss) wounds.

Exactly Snails. It's not much of a disencentive is it?

Hi all, a few days ago a book about Martin Bryant was mentioned. Does anybody remember what it was? TIA.

GBC's presence in the media has been eclipsed by coal miners looking for bodies. An International effort to give people dignity in death. Prayers for all.

View attachment 55172

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/18/mh17-emergency-workers-grimly-search-sunflower-fields-for-plane-debris-bodies-of-298-victims/

Agreed, and so it should be. The self-indulgent nasty pasty, whilst his crime is heinous, should not overshadow such an international tragedy. I was overwhelmed by the sunflower field. Such a co-incidence. If I was a spiritual person, I may have thought up a deeper meaning for this. Being a non-religious person of great moral fibre, I can't help but think that sunflowers are there to comfort the people left behind. The teddy and children's book filmed in the field were too much for me to bare, after following the BC case. I feel deeply upset, and can only imagine what those close to, or directly related to, those concerned must feel. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much :doorhide:

That field of sunflowers. So sad. RIP.

Yes indeed, very sad. All those happy smiling sunflower faces facing the same way during this tragedy make me think that each one represents a face of each of the victims.

Thanks for that. Yes it shows a lot of issues that were going on in the mans life. No doubt part of the whole facade extended to his dealings as a father as well as with Allison and all who he dealt with. I guess I struggle with some of the things that are said or discussed as bad because it's not what the writer would do or think was ok but for others it's fine. But i get what you are saying about context and I guess putting the WHOLE picture together!!

Agreed, and so it should be. The self-indulgent nasty pasty, whilst his crime is heinous, should not overshadow such an international tragedy. I was overwhelmed by the sunflower field. Such a co-incidence. If I was a spiritual person, I may have thought up a deeper meaning for this. Being a non-religious person of great moral fibre, I can't help but think that sunflowers are there to comfort the people left behind. The teddy and children's book filmed in the field were too much for me to bare, after following the BC case. I feel deeply upset, and can only imagine what those close to, or directly related to, those concerned must feel. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much :doorhide:

Fully understand your thoughts. Also felt the same seeing those sunflowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth