The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look up the site onthehouse.com you can see the selling history of the investment property.

There is a link to it in the BBC life in jail forum.

Thanks AliW, but surely that shouldn't be reported as money (property) he
has just sitting there. Or is it just media lying again.:scared:

“They don’t wear their own clothes, there are a lot of limits,” the official said.

“It’s a fairly austere life at the best of times.”

The Baden-Clay family gathered at the family home at Kenmore yesterday and were visited by defence solicitor Peter Shields.

“I won’t be making any comment. It’s difficult for everyone but I won’t be making any comment and neither will the family,” Mr Shields said.

“No I won’t be (saying how they’re feeling). I think sometimes some things just call for a dignified silence.”
From an article in the courier mail
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-at-wolston-correction-centre/story-fnihsrf2

I think the media deal would probably have been with 60 minutes - they probably had both his and TM's story on the boil, but ready to dump one after the verdict. I wonder if they had the BC'S footage recorded already, as they must have done with TM - her promo clips were playing on verdict day iirc.

Who knew that after the verdict, each day would bring so many more awful revelations about this family?? GBC is very lucky that all we have heard over the past week or so was kept under wraps until after the trial - I doubt the jury would have taken so long if they'd had all this new info to work with.

Grrrrr :mad:

Gerard Baden-Clay stood to gain $600,000 from media deal if he was acquitted of murdering wife Allison

July 20, 2014 12:00AM

GERARD Baden-Clay was wheeling and dealing behind bars to gain up to $2 million if he’d been acquitted of murdering his wife Allison.

The day before the remorseless killer was found guilty, he bragged to prison guards he would soon be a free man – and a wealthy one too.

Baden-Clay would have walked out to a media deal of at least $600,000, negotiated by his family as he awaited trial.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

Still catching up on the thread......

But just in regard to GBC's tears being all for himself (as we always suspected)......I'm reading another book by FBI profiler John Douglas and he says this about many of the murderers he's interviewed in prison:

"...[they] would bemoan the fact that their lives were ruined, tears streaming down their faces - ruined, in their minds, not because of what they did but because they were caught."

The Anatomy of Motive, Pocket Books 1999, page 24.

PS It's a GREAT book!
Which reminds me of that question from Allison's journal "Do you regret the whole thing or just being caught?"

Thanks AliW, but surely that shouldn't be reported as money (property) he
has just sitting there. Or is it just media lying again.:scared:

While inside prison, he also secretly sold off a Gold Coast property he and his wife jointly owned in the months after he had been charged with murder.

Baden-Clay wrote to the Australian Securities and Investments Commission from the Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre advising his wife was no longer alive, which would make him the sole director and secretary of the business.

His wife's grieving parents only found out the house was up for sale because they lived next door, and were then forced to apply for control of Allison's estate in the Supreme court of Queensland.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-children-assets-left-her.html#ixzz37y7VOC8H

I hope that with the advances in examining DNA there is a possibility that the degraded material found under Allison's fingernails may yield evidence that GBC and his family cannot deny.

AN investment property bought for murdered Brookfield mother Allison Baden-Clay and her brother Ashley has been secretly sold by her husband, accused murderer Gerard Baden-Clay.

The Gold Coast unit jointly owned by the siblings and their partners was held in the name of World of Top Step Pty Ltd, the company owned by the Baden-Clays.

Mr Dickie said in an affidavit: "I am concerned that the advertising of the property for sale by auction indicates Gerard is taking steps to dispose of an asset in which Allison's estate may have an interest."

However, despite Baden-Clay having valued the unit at $400,000 to $450,000, documents showed it was sold before the auction.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...erard-baden-clay/story-fncq3gat-1226465935990

$1,000,000 from Allison's insurance
$ 600,000 from interview
$ 400,000 from sale of investment property

The Baden-Clay family had mortgaged at least one property to fund his trial.

no wonder Elaine walked out if it was her house mortgaged.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226994719127

I am still of the opinion that the BC's house in Durness st. is rented by them. I know I was corrected by another poster a while ago,but I was told by a person whom I have complete faith in.

We used to have an account with R.P.Data, but do not anymore, so I cannot look it up. Not that it matters in the scheme of things. It is really their business.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-owing-work-prospect-60-week-prison-job.html

Interesting snippet in this article which accords with earlier speculation on WS about Rafting Ground Road area:

"... During the police investigation, detectives questioned her about a comment she made to her former partner... In the statement she said: 'I have been asked about a comment I made to Robert MacKay Wood about whoever did kill Allison would have used the back way through Rafting Ground Road and not gone through Kenmore.
'I did make a comment along those lines because it appeared common sense that whoever did this to Allison would have gone thru Rafting Ground road to get to Anstead.
'I just think that anyone who did not want to be seen would have gone the back way, because there would have been less likelihood they would have been seen.'

I am still of the opinion that the BC's house in Durness st. is rented by them. I know I was corrected by another poster a while ago,but I was told by a person whom I have complete faith in.

We used to have an account with R.P.Data, but do not anymore, so I cannot look it up. Not that it matters in the scheme of things. It is really their business.

As they say , follow the money trail. If it wasn't their house mortgaged then possibly Olive and the Hypocrite mortgaged theirs.....

Follow the money....

I hope that with the advances in examining DNA there is a possibility that the degraded material found under Allison's fingernails may yield evidence that GBC and his family cannot deny.

He would still come up with some kind of "explanation".

"It was that caterpillar bite on my neck the day before. My whole neck and shoulder broke out in welts, right across to my back. It was SO itchy! I asked Allison to scratch my upper back for me, because I couldn't reach. 'Just over to the right a bit more, dear. Up a bit. Aah, that's it. Perfect. Now just scratch a bit harder.' And that, Your Honour, is how my DNA got under her fingernails."

Later, two of Mr Baden-Clay’s closest friends testified that they’d given him large sums of money in 2011 to keep his real estate business afloat.

Robert Cheesman and Stuart Christ told the court they’d met Mr Baden-Clay at Toowoomba Grammar School in the 80s, and their families had remained close ever since.

In the wake of the January 2011 Brisbane floods, the two men said Mr Baden-Clay came to them and a third friend — Peter Cranna — for financial help.

His business had rapidly expanded, moved into a more expensive business premises, and hired more staff just before the natural disaster hit.

“There was no cash to pay the bills,” Mr Christ, a business development manager at Hewlett Packard, told the court.

Mr Christ and Mr Cheesman both leant Mr Baden-Clay $90,000, with no formal repayment agreement decided upon. Mr Cranna gave him at least the same amount or more, the court heard.

Mr Baden-Clay was to pay the men monthly interest payments, but those stopped after about three months.

The loans are still outstanding.

Later, Mr Cheesman told the court Mr Baden-Clay’s father Nigel rang him on the day Gerard Baden-Clay reported Allison missing, April 20, 2012.

He said Nigel Baden-Clay was concerned about police surrounding his son and asking “tough questions”, and wanted to hire a lawyer. But Mr Cheesman said he blew Nigel Baden-Clay off.

“I said it wasn’t necessary and (we should) focus on finding Allison,” Mr Cheesman said.

Not everyone is the same, Karo. I know i would support my son no matter what, but no way would i cover up for him. I have a special needs adult son and he knows this and i trust him to tell me the truth no matter what.

Sent from my ZTE T81 using Tapatalk

I tell my kids I will always love them no matter what, but, that doesn't mean I will always like what they do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-owing-work-prospect-60-week-prison-job.html

Interesting snippet in this article which accords with earlier speculation on WS about Rafting Ground Road area:

"... During the police investigation, detectives questioned her about a comment she made to her former partner... In the statement she said: 'I have been asked about a comment I made to Robert MacKay Wood about whoever did kill Allison would have used the back way through Rafting Ground Road and not gone through Kenmore.
'I did make a comment along those lines because it appeared common sense that whoever did this to Allison would have gone thru Rafting Ground road to get to Anstead.
'I just think that anyone who did not want to be seen would have gone the back way, because there would have been less likelihood they would have been seen.'

Not only is Rafting Ground Rd the "back way" - it is also the most direct way from the BC house, both to the Bwanahouse and also to Kholo Creek. Nobody who lives in Brookfield that I know of would dream of going all the way up into Kenmore then back out again, when Rafting Ground Rd is the direct way. Unless there are roadworks - which there have been recently, but weren't in April 2012.

“They don’t wear their own clothes, there are a lot of limits,” the official said.

“It’s a fairly austere life at the best of times.”

The Baden-Clay family gathered at the family home at Kenmore yesterday and were visited by defence solicitor Peter Shields.

“I won’t be making any comment. It’s difficult for everyone but I won’t be making any comment and neither will the family,” Mr Shields said.

“No I won’t be (saying how they’re feeling). I think sometimes some things just call for a dignified silence.”
From an article in the courier mail
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-at-wolston-correction-centre/story-fnihsrf2

Silenced by the media $$$$$$ for the story.

Yeah The O'Lilac One was all mouth and teeth before the trial, truth and all that, but the solicitor said we won't be making any statement until the end of the trial.

I chose my name 'they'll get you' back in 2012 wishing and hoping the police would get GBC.

THEY BLOODY WELL DID GET HIM YAHOOOO!

Not only is Rafting Ground Rd the "back way" - it is also the most direct way from the BC house, both to the Bwanahouse and also to Kholo Creek. Nobody who lives in Brookfield that I know of would dream of going all the way up into Kenmore then back out again, when Rafting Ground Rd is the direct way. Unless there are roadworks - which there have been recently, but weren't in April 2012.

Thanks for your reply DocWatson. There is a saying" "where there is smoke ...". Well, there is smoke around the Rafting Ground Rd area IMO.
a) being direct route from BC house to BC senior's house;
b) being the 'back way' to remain 'unseen';
c) being a direct route to Kholo Creek - unseen;
d) two terrified screams which pierced the night down around that area at approx. 11.00 pm;
e) the BC's seniors seen(by a local) sitting silently in their parked car, just staring straight ahead, down in that area after GBC's arrest;
f) TMcH's comments to her ex-husband about the killer choosing Rafting Ground Rd to remain unseen.

I know it's irrelevant now that GBC has been convicted of Allison's murder, but I do wonder if Allison was taken from the house, in the Captiva, unconscious; that she re-gained consciousness down around that area, and was subsequently silenced permanently, thrown into the Captiva bleeding, before being dumped under Kholo Creek bridge that night.

I speculate on these two possibilities which would account for:
a) the crime scene on the back patio of the BC house;
b) the possibility that Allison was unconscious, but re-gained consciousness 3-10 mins later;
c) the piercing screams heard in the Rafting Ground Rd area around 11.00 pm on the night of her murder.

I imagine that the police may have suspicions, but they may not have enough evidence to connect those dots yet, but it may be a work in progress.

This is my opinion only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member