The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toni said she was "devastated" when she heard Allison was missing. You would think if she had no knowledge of foul play. She would be excited to think the marriage was over & they could be together. This reaction just doesn't sit well with me.

He didn't want her mum to see the girls when they found her body!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For someone who was cruel to Allison about her putting some weight, Gerard was pretty chubbly-wubbly himself going by the pictures

Just watching 60 minutes….God bless the police force, botanist and many others. And to Mark Ainsworth, comments such as -"he wouldn't trust GBC take his dog for a walk - he was the lowest of lowest".

The ladies at the end of 60 minutes who mentioned that "their grief was a drop in the ocean"…..says it all.

As for TMCH, you hideous, money leaching nasty, nasty money scheming woman.

RIP Allison, may your Mum and Dad care for your beautiful bubbies.

xxxxx

Her motives are self serving I feel. She wants to get the message across that she has no reason to feel guilty and blah blah. No real remorse for destroying someone, just that she'll be made to feel guilt over it. They deserve each other in my opinion.

Sorry I just can't abide women who actively pursue married men, or vice versa. I think it's a low act.

I thought the programme was respectful of Allison, her friends spoke so lovingly toward Allison and the girls. I smiled when Ainsworth said 'he wouldn't trust GBC to take his dog for a walk' as for TM she must accept her part in Allison's murder it's not acceptable for her to dismiss it by claiming if it wasn't her it would have been someone else, it wasn't someone else it was her - and it was her for the previous 3 years.

Horrid little man in a fat suit and a yellow jacket and shiny cuff links and lawyers dangling from his ears ain't got time for that.
He didn't want her mum to see the girls when they found her

Both her friends and cousin on the different channels have said re the scratches how unlike her it was to have fought him as she was so gentle. The cousin has been saying how proud she was that Allison fought for her girls to mark him and keep the girls safe.

Both channel 7 & 9 were IMO extremely respectful to Allison's memory. My only wish is that they would deposit $250k into the ABC children's trust account as they have done for T McH. So sad :(

I felt that the inspector's eyes were watering because he really wanted to say "pure evil". I think that Toni also felt that evil. I can't imagine the tape we would have seen if the conviction was what Gerard expected.

I've rarely posted, but have been following Allison's murder on WS since the very beginning, when she first went missing. This has been a very emotional week, with justice finally served with GBC's guilty verdict. I watched both the 60 minutes and Sunday night program's tonight. I feel a heaviness and sadness. What a terrible waste of a beautiful much loved mother, daughter, sister, cousin, friend......

I didn't find Toni convincing at all. If it's true that she was paid in the vicinity of $200k, well, they didn't get their money's worth! She seems oblivious to the repercussions of her actions.

Thanks so much to all of you on WS, who post such thoughtful and heartfelt comments and opinions. I've kept up with all developments, thanks to you, and I've often chuckled at the lighthearted comments and reflections.

This letter is so emotionally painful.

Absolutely but it shows Allison's strength and intelligence. I'm impressed by her ability to write her feelings under such horrible circumstances.
What a beautiful woman.

Did she put her feelings down in words because she'd be abused if she tried to say it out loud?

I've rarely posted, but have been following Allison's murder on WS since the very beginning, when she first went missing. This has been a very emotional week, with justice finally served with GBC's guilty verdict. I watched both the 60 minutes and Sunday night program's tonight. I feel a heaviness and sadness. What a terrible waste of a beautiful much loved mother, daughter, sister, cousin, friend......

I didn't find Toni convincing at all. If it's true that she was paid in the vicinity of $200k, well, they didn't get their money's worth! She seems oblivious to the repercussions of her actions.

Thanks so much to all of you on WS, who post such thoughtful and heartfelt comments and opinions. I've kept up with all developments, thanks to you, and I've often chuckled at the lighthearted comments and reflections.

:goodpost: :heartbeat:

Now I feel profoundly sad as the reality has hit me again after watching her friends and rellys speak of her.

Hi Red71! :seeya:

bbm I totally agree with what you've said about Toni. I'm just watching it now - it's like she still hasn't grasped the import or depth of what actually happened - that a woman was killed. She's a strange one, is Toni. Very odd mannerisms and affect. I feel that her tears are for herself.

When news first broke of Allison's disappearance, quickly turning to media speculation about GBC committing the murder, I remember thinking two things as I looked over the articles and photos: 1.) He did this. 2) His appearance spoke volumes even in the photos about his mentality over the course of their marriage.

Basically: women fall for different types of men and vice versa. I've thought a guy to be gorgeous and it's the minority opinion, whereas I've seen women and girls following around alleged ladies men who I am utterly immune to. (For instance, using a celeb example: I've never found Brad Pitt attractive. I find Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead attractive. My sister believes the opposite.) But I think if you're an automatic researcher of people, you get an immediate vibe from some people where you can say, "not my type, but I can see why others might find him/her attractive - this person has a certain way of speaking, the symmetry of their face, their walk is all unique. But not for me."

What hit me from the photos straight away was that GBC used to be a very average, slightly overweight man when he first married Allison. Then in the recent photos, he'd lost weight in the face and you could see his bone structure. His profile at times seems regal and his greyed hair seemed to suit him better. It occurred to me: "He's one of those men who grow better-looking as they age, rather than the other way around." I didn't feel any pangs of attraction, I noticed it too objectively to consider my own response (which was already repulsion based on my deep suspicion that he was a killer). However, if I noticed that he'd aged better than expected - think about all the other women who would be attracted to his physical type to begin with and noticed his growing physical attractiveness? And I thought about the string of mistresses he'd probably had since his marriage started and he later realized he was "coming into his own". Then after that I read about his mistresses and felt grim.

It's strange to assess a killer who I despise in this way, but he can't take credit for his appearance. It's an accident of fate. But I do think he saw himself as a distinguished looking man who was growing more so - and that's when the affairs started (when women around him started noticing). Within a split second I saw a man whose confidence probably had grown to extreme arrogance, because we expect men to start gaining weight (not lose it) with age, to become more bloated (not less) in the face with age, to develop wrinkles, to go bald, etc. I thought, "I bet this guy thinks he's some kind of God."

And while I don't like the smooth-talking salesy personality type, he obviously had the ability to draw some people in. Not just Allison and TMCH, but friends and work colleagues (at least until the very end).

I think TMCH sounded genuinely disturbed by it all. I don't think any woman having an affair with a married man would ever suspect their lover was a killer. That's the stuff of TV crime dramas for most people. Take a look at the people around you; it's hard for me to think of one workplace I've been part of where at least one married man wasn't having an affair with a staff member. Then think of GBC and his coercive ways. What's more, TMCH's weight gain of that amount is not usual for any person over that period of time (particularly women who aren't pregnant and who have been slim for most of their lives). It's indicative of depression/shock. She also seemed to be genuinely irked to look back on her "relationship" and realize this guy had it in him to kill a person very close to him. I hate to say it, but if things had gone "smoothly" for GBC and Allison's body was never found (washed out to sea), after a few years he may have married TMCH. For the $100 grand she possessed. And once the public's forgotten, an arrogant person will think they can get away with murder again - as much as this sounds like insanity to sane folk. It would have built up his God complex, putting him even further above regular people in his mind.

In my mind, TMCH is a mistress and many people hate her for that reason alone. I think this is a distraction from the fact that GBC is the killer, the adulterer, the liar - the one entirely at fault. Even the police blame GBC entirely, saying TMCH had nothing to do with it. I don't know her, but I also know that none of us could say, "Well, I'd show more emotion" or "I'd show less emotion" because none of us have been in this specific, horrifying situation. I remember the Lindsay Chamberlain case - she was put in jail largely based on the public conception here in Australia that she didn't show emotion consistent with what people would have expected. The fact was, she turned out to be innocent. She later remarked she kept her true feelings to herself and felt very uncomfortable having cameras following her - and of course, the only time the public saw her "emotional response" was in front of these cameras.

I don't want to sound like I'm advocating affairs, but I felt bad for TMCH. She seemed very, very worn down by life - very different to the videos we saw of her a few years ago: young-looking, naive and large eyes, long hair, girlish figure. She looked vulnerable and ripe for someone like GBC. And since every single person in Brisbane will now automatically recognise her on sight in spite of the changed name, I don't think life's going to get a lot easier for her any time soon. Yes, what's happened to her isn't a drop in the ocean compared to Allison, but GBC left victims in his wake like he was a speeding tornado.

How full-on to be her friends - and to have NEVER liked him - to have seen through the facade immediately - and for this to have happened to Allison in the end.

What a journey for them!:facepalm: Those poor women. Am sending them all much love.

Apparently his wedding speech was AN HOUR AND A HALF LONG!

I would have left.
He possibly thought he was head speaker at a conference :facepalm:

He had a captive audience! How could he resist??!!:tantrum:

What an idiot! The Dickies would have been paying and here he is bragging about the scouts etc.

<modsnip>
Allison must have been cringing.

The brides parents pay for the wedding and the grooms side pay for the alcohol (normally I think)

Is that why it was a non alcohol wedding??

And then I think of her&#8230;the dirty ***** that she is &#8211; she knew me and she was sleeping with some-one else&#8217;s husband even while she was still with her partner-I can&#8217;t believe they both started *advertiser censored**ing when they were both still in relationships. It just makes me sick the scenes of them crying on each other&#8217;s shoulder about their *advertiser censored**d up partners and it enrages me that he would talk to her about the intimate details of MY LIFE with some stupid bimbo even before they ****ed&#8230;

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/24497917/the-letter-dear-gerard/

Awwwww
That letter soooooooooo heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members