Post verdict discussions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview was more interesting to watch once I stayed paying attention to whether Toni was nodding or shaking her head and taking that as her real answer.

She comes across as insincere. She sees herself as more of a victim than Allison, IMO. She doesn't really believe that she doesn't have blood on her hands, but she's trying to convince herself that Allison's death has nothing to do with her. She doesn't come across as a particularly nice or insightful person.

Just re watched it and was just looking at whether she was nodding or shaking her head and yes very interesting
Totally agree re the seeing herself as a victim and deserving of compensation for what has happened to her [emoji41]

I wonder where this will go from here. I have followed this forum since early in the event and I have had my views along the way. I really didn't want him to be guilty but I have long since given in to the belief that he is certainly guilty.
Just thinking about the differing dynamics of Domestic violence. This case is quite unique in that I wonder how many wives (or husbands) are worth a LOT dead. There are a lot of cases of domestic violence out there and a lot of these would not involve killing for the reasons Allison was killed. Some would be killed in an angry act which doesn't seem to be the case in Allisons marriage. They seemed to have a facade up so that even their little girls didn't see the flaws in their marriage. This sort of murder would require more thought. I need to get rid of this women but the only options are divorce (which would cost me a LOT) or death (which would score me a LOT) I don't know what percentage of people would have life insurance on their lives but I would imagine that many lower income families wouldn't. Some people just fight and get angry and kill because they are frustrated and angry. I guess it's still all about selfish, self absorbed people in the end.

“@TheMurrayD: I have a launch date for my book, 'The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay'. December 1 with @randomhouseau #badenclay”

“@TheMurrayD: My book, 'The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay', on the @randomhouseau website here: http://bit.ly/1k71HsR #badenclay”

The thing that really got me was when Tara asked her what she would like to see happen to Gerard. Her response: for him to never come into my life again. Are you kidding me?

... All the while shaking her head, no, no, denying her own words. Seriously, go back and watch it again and pay attention to her head movements. She nods in agreement to her own words sometimes, shakes her head in denial others. IIRC that part of the interview came after a long session of nodding, nodding. Suddenly she's asked what she wants to happen to GBC and her mouth is saying she never wants him in her life again while her head is shaking, denying her own lie. If he ever got an acquittal, TMH would be right back at his side trying to live her tacky little blended family dream (bonus! No devastated ex wife to harsh her buzz!).

Yes it's all about her remind you of anyone ....

Exactly.... What a shame they didn't just go away together and leave Allison to find a person who would treat her the way she deserved to be treated!

“@TheMurrayD: I have a launch date for my book, 'The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay'. December 1 with @randomhouseau #badenclay”

“@TheMurrayD: My book, 'The Murder of Allison Baden-Clay', on the @randomhouseau website here: http://bit.ly/1k71HsR #badenclay”

Well bugger me sideways....we all knew didn't we....:facepalm:

I thought, since TM is not a suspect she was not to be named in this site again, with her new name. The police don't believe she was involved so why is this allowed. I feel for her children.

I don't believe anyone is trying to imply that she is a suspect - DS Ainsworth has said he doesn't believe she has had anything to do with Allison's death, and that is good enough for me. TM has however put herself onto prime time, peak ratings period television (for cash), and you wouldn't do that without expecting some sort of discussion and possible criticism to follow your appearance. I think most other posters are just expressing their opinions about what she expressed and revealed on national tv.
I think what we saw was just the way she is ... and like a lot of other people in this world she just maybe isn't someone others can easily warm to or even necessarily like - she has her own issues which probably led to her be involved with GBC in the first place.

I hope her boys carry their dad's surname - I really do feel for them, as they'd have to be mortified about her constant appearances in the media. They wouldn't have been able to turn on the tv without seeing or hearing their mother's name mentioned over the past weeks. I wonder if they've been safely living somewhere else with their dad recently - that would have been the decent and most caring thing to have done for them over recent months at least.

What's the point in publishing a book that no doubt has all the same freaking information that was presented in court and written in articles already???? I hate these books that come right out after the case without any kind of unique take whatsoever .. as in what on earth is the point, does it really add anything to anyone's knowledge of the case? Pointless .. wont be buying it, think he's cashing in, he better give some of that money to the girls etc.

As an aside, I know that some interviews were given on the basis that money went to the girls. :)

... All the while shaking her head, no, no, denying her own words. Seriously, go back and watch it again and pay attention to her head movements. She nods in agreement to her own words sometimes, shakes her head in denial others. IIRC that part of the interview came after a long session of nodding, nodding. Suddenly she's asked what she wants to happen to GBC and her mouth is saying she never wants him in her life again while her head is shaking, denying her own lie. If he ever got an acquittal, TMH would be right back at his side trying to live her tacky little blended family dream (bonus! No devastated ex wife to harsh her buzz!).

I had that same thought! I just don't understand how she could still seem to want him after all that. If what happened to Allison wasn't enough, how could she put herself through that all again? After everything he said about her in his testimony.

As an aside, I know that some interviews were given on the basis that money went to the girls. :)

That is GREAT to hear!!! Thanks Ferris :seeya:

I had that same thought! I just don't understand how she could still seem to want him after all that. If what happened to Allison wasn't enough, how could she put herself through that all again? After everything he said about her in his testimony.

Knowing what a conman he is I wouldn't be surprised if there was discussion between TM and Gerry when they met incognito which went along the lines of 'I will need to cover my arse by denying my feelings for you should this darstardly inconvenient situation erupt' I love you TM and we will be together soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17