GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, she had to have help to pull it off, if that's what happened. I just hate to think of the taken against her will alternative / scenario.

My problem is that if an adult "helped" her, then what that person did is likely criminal. Now I am willing to believe that some good Samaritan saw Abby alone on the streets of Boston, had no idea who she was, and let her crash on their couch for a while, not realizing she was only 15. But if anyone knew who she was and still "helped" her, then that is a crime.

I am really, really having a hard time distinguishing between when a child does something voluntarily, and when they are "abducted". I see manipulation and coercion of a child that age as the same as a forceful abduction. The means are different, but the end is the same.

I am sorry, I am not trying to be obtuse here, truly. What is "this"? What should be made public, specifically, that would add to the safety and well being of the citizens in and around Conway?

Other than media not shoving cameras in her face and shouting at her from all sides with microphones thrusting, screaming "Abby, Abby, where were you all those months?" "Abby Abby were you hurt?" what is being kept private that should not be?

We have every indication this is still an active and open investigation and every indication that Abby and family are cooperating with LE and that investigation. So I am just very confused about what specifically is being kept from the public that we have a right to or deserve to know.

Sorry, let me be more clear. My postings on this issue were mainly is response to people saying that Abby needs privacy and that we do not need to know what happened. I am not complaining that something currentlyis being kept private that should be public. What I am saying is that if she was kidnapped or held by an adult these past months, then that is a crime of which the public should be made aware. That is not something that is private and should not be private.

I also disagree (I think) with some posters here about what is and is not a crime in this case. To me, even if Abby "voluntarily" took off with some man, because she was 14 years old, that is still a kidnapping and that person is still a predator, and I consider it to be an extremely serious crime, and I consider the man that did it to be a dangerous person. I do not think that should be kept private at all. There needs to be a public arrest, indictment and trial of that man. It is not something for Abby and her family to just "move on from". A kidnapping of a minor is not a private family matter, it is a crime that we (the people) are responsible for prosecuting and punishing.

thank you for clarifying. I did not have a clear understanding of where you were coming from. I agree, if there is a predator, that should not be kept private. I was under the mistaken impression that you were suggesting that LE and the public were not taking a threat seriously or were somehow participating in or encouraging some sort of "cover up" of something.

Glad we kept hashing til we could reach a place where we got one another's gist.

I absolutely agree that kidnapping a minor is not a private matter.

I hope they release what the public needs to know. If there was a predator involved, if there were drugs involved, etc. There are a number of other young women missing from the same general area and it would be beneficial for the public to know if the police think Abigail's disappearance was related to any of these cases.

We don't need to know anything other than if there is a clear and present danger to other young women. Beyond that, was is shared is up to Abigail and her parents.

There are some things I would like to know just to be able to do a better job on the next missing person case. I am hoping those details will be made available but although I hope for that I do not honestly expect it will happen.

I hope they release what the public needs to know. If there was a predator involved, if there were drugs involved, etc. There are a number of other young women missing from the same general area and it would be beneficial for the public to know if the police think Abigail's disappearance was related to any of these cases.

We don't need to know anything other than if there is a clear and present danger to other young women. Beyond that, was is shared is up to Abigail and her parents.

** Speculative *** What if Abi has info that can help those other cases? Would that be something? And if so, that would explain the hush , hush if they're trying to snare something bigger that involves more people. I'm not even saying I believe this, just a point to ponder in the big what if world !

** Speculative *** What if Abi has info that can help those other cases? Would that be something? And if so, that would explain the hush , hush if they're trying to snare something bigger that involves more people. I'm not even saying I believe this, just a point to ponder in the big what if world !

Yep. Exactly. (not saying at all that she is somehow culpable, but she may have overheard or witnessed something.)

Certainly, I did not mean details of if Abigail was held as someone's sex slave for 9 months. I was hoping perhaps if the person she was with might have information relating to Celina Cass' case, as many in Abigail's home town followed Celina's story and tragic ending:

After she (Abigail Hernandez) vanished, police consistently said they have no evidence to suggest anything suspicious and were treating her disappearance as a missing-person's case.

The disappearance rattled the town of 2,300 residents in Mount Washington Valley, who were reminded of the still-unsolved killing of another young girl from rural New Hampshire three years ago: 11-year-old Celina Cass disappeared from her West Stewartstown home in July 2011, and her body was recovered a week later in the Connecticut River.

In Conway, rescuers fanned out for days over the heavily forested terrain that surrounds the townhouse where Hernandez lives with her mother. Police also searched by air, stopped traffic and handed out missing posters and used boats on the Saco River and Pudding Pond. http://news.msn.com/us/missing-new-hampshire-teen-home-after-9-monthsvv

A lot of people invested their time and money into looking for Abigail, it would be a shame that it was all for naught (runaway bride?/Caylee Anthony ~ Equisearch).

June 25th is the anniversary of Celina Cass's disappearance. Her story is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...p=10770664&highlight=celina+cass#post10770664

Celina Cass made the news on July 20th, 2014, but not in such a positive way as Abigail unfortunately:

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — An 11-year-old girl whose disappearance prompted a massive search before her body was found against a dam in the Connecticut River remains a haunting presence in her small rural town.

Celina Cass was last seen hunched over a computer in her family's apartment in West Stewartstown on July 25, 2011. Three years later, no one has been charged with her death, which investigators have called a homicide.

As of the weekend, there were no public memorial services planned to commemorate the third anniversary of Celina's death, and resident Shannon Towle hopes it stays that way. The previous anniversaries have attracted hordes of media, she said, and only served to unnerve children still struggling to cope with the security of their town being shattered.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/3-years-on-girls-unsolved-slaying-haunts-town

Again, I am extremely grateful and ecstatic that Abigail has made it home to her mother's waiting aching arms. I would want to hug her forever and never let go for fear of losing her again. No one should have to suffer the loss of a child ever. ~ Boots

Investigators were remaining tight-lipped about the 15-year-old's return, refusing to even say how the girl was reunited with her mother, Zenya Hernandez.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-teen-abigail-hernandez-past-months/story?id=24661804

A 15-year-old New Hampshire girl who disappeared while on her way home from school nine months ago is safely home with her family, the state attorney general said Monday.

Abigail Hernandez was reunited with her family on Sunday evening, Attorney General Joseph Foster said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/2...arch-new-hampshire-girl-reunited-with-family/

The case of a New Hampshire teenager who had been missing for nine months took a dramatic turn Sunday when the girl was reunited with her family, although no details on where she was and how she came back were revealed by authorities.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/21/teen-abigail-hernandez-reunited-with-family-nine-months-after-disappearance/MMF7vu1RUJCecqpmWxBaLJ/story.html

not "found" not "located" not "rescued"

but "safely home" and "reunited".

I suspect she was gone willingly for reasons not yet known and that the person who assisted her all these months is now being sought or charges being prepared.

From the info released, I would not be surprised if Abby just walked into a police station somewhere and said hey I am Abby in effort to reappear, return home to family as if nothing has happened

Gee! May I have a little ketchup to go with this boot in my mouth? :footinmouth: :facepalm: :sorry: :eat: my words here.... Time for a :chillpill: and back to :lurk: Writing 100 times in my notebook - do not post until you have read the entire conversation.... ~ Boots

Investigators were remaining tight-lipped about the 15-year-old's return, refusing to even say how the girl was reunited with her mother, Zenya Hernandez.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-teen-abigail-hernandez-past-months/story?id=24661804

A 15-year-old New Hampshire girl who disappeared while on her way home from school nine months ago is safely home with her family, the state attorney general said Monday.

Abigail Hernandez was reunited with her family on Sunday evening, Attorney General Joseph Foster said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/2...arch-new-hampshire-girl-reunited-with-family/

The case of a New Hampshire teenager who had been missing for nine months took a dramatic turn Sunday when the girl was reunited with her family, although no details on where she was and how she came back were revealed by authorities.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/07/21/teen-abigail-hernandez-reunited-with-family-nine-months-after-disappearance/MMF7vu1RUJCecqpmWxBaLJ/story.html

not "found" not "located" not "rescued"

but "safely home" and "reunited".

I suspect she was gone willingly for reasons not yet known and that the person who assisted her all these months is now being sought or charges being prepared.

From the info released, I would not be surprised if Abby just walked into a police station somewhere and said hey I am Abby in effort to reappear, return home to family as if nothing has happened

Yeah... I am not sure which article or statement I remember this from, but I also remember someone (media, I guess) using the words "returned home Sunday night", not even "was returned home Sunday night". Which sounds decidedly different than saying she was "rescued" or "found". Too bad I can't remember where I saw that. Although, since the media doesn't know how Abby was found or how she was reunited with her family their specific wording doesn't mean anything. The only statement I feel comfortable analyzing is the Attorney General's statement that you quoted above, and the wording gave me the same inclinations that it gave you. But.. who knows.

Just heard about this today and am happy she is back with her family--surely they are elated to have her home, whatever went on these past 9 months.

Haven't read more than just a smattering of articles (nor have I read the latest updates on this thread), so this may have already come up. I'm just wondering if anyone's considered the possibility that she wasn't kidnapped, but possibly had a personal reason of her own for disappearing for 9 months? (eg. misunderstanding at home? maybe even a 'home for unwed mothers' situation?)

Or, do they have evidence of an abduction?

Whatever the circumstances, as this has a been a strange case from the beginning, it might help solve other cases. Whether the information is given to the public or not, if a 14yr old was able to stay missing for 9+ months on her own, that information would be valuable to LE. It might help them find other missing people, or realize the possibilities that were overlooked in this case.

My main concern was Abby being found, and being safe. Those goals have now been met.

My internet is 'iffy' today, sometimes I can view, sometimes I can't. Has the press release taken place yet?

If nothing else, I hope this case opens the eyes of many. Those that insisted there was no way she was missing on her own, could have been a runaway, could have been held hostage, etc. We must keep an open mind in all cases. Just because someone has or hasn't left voluntarily before, doesn't mean that there isn't a first time for everything. I would be interested in knowing if social networking, exposure etc., had any effect in Abby coming home. Much we will probably never know, and that's OK. In other cases, sometimes we hear hear some details, such as when those have been found that were being held hostages, and we hear how they were able to abduct them, and keep them hidden. Even in minor age cases. The two boys (forgive me for not remembering their names) that were found in the adult males apartment. The one boy had been missing for years, and the other had been recently abducted. Many details were released then. Elizabeth Smart, details were released. The lady in California that had a child by her abductor, we heard details. Yet, there was a teenage girl that was in beauty contests, went to take out the garbage, and went missing. We were told she was found in another state, but to this day, no further details have been released, and last I read, she had not been reunited with her parents, nor had they talked to her.

Whatever the case with Abby, there's going to be long road of healing for the whole family. Whatever events lead up to her disappearance, her time away, etc., will have an effect on them for some time. IMO, professional counseling will be needed. I hope she's been able to see her Dad, and connect with him as well. For some reason, there was this need to try to make him less important than her Mom. I never agreed with that aspect. I truly hope Abby gets time with her Dad. I pray for the entire family, and especially for Abby. As I said last night, the first step was being able to come home. Now the journey to recovery begins.

I don't expect Jane Young to release very many details. I honestly wasn't impressed with her handling of this case. I'm interested to see if any LE investigation is how she was found, or if she came home on her own. I'll apologize if I see that LE found her, and brought her to safety. I haven't been able to stay connected to the net long enough to see if anything has said how she came home. Did she just show up? Or was she found and brought home? That type detail is interesting to me. The private parts of what may or may not have happened while she was gone, those details aren't important to me at this time.

LE spent a lot of taxpayer money on this case, which is fine, if they do the same for all missing teens, as all should be considered "endangered" regardless of circumstances. So I think they need to say something about what happened here.

Also the age of consent laws,as I read them, are very weird and specific but seem to allow a 14-year old female to give consent to a male four years older. So an eighteen-year old would be legal. Also a 13-year old can give consent for up to four years older. So if an eighteen-year old is involved, for example, things maybe could be complicated. Not sure about kidnapping charges, though, if this were the case. They could still apply.

Anyway, we will just have to wait and see. Many teens run off and just "hang" with other teens in a group, on the streets, in shelters, parks, etc. with no crime being committed by another person. Jmo

Update on Abigail Hernandez

Attorney General Joseph A. Foster, Conway Police Chief Edward Wagner, New Hampshire State Police Colonel Robert Quinn and FBI Supervisory Senior Resident Agent in Charge William Scott O’Donnell announce that the investigation into the facts and circumstances regarding the disappearance of Abigail Hernandez remains on-going. Investigators continue to conduct interviews and review videotape surveillance from the businesses in the area surrounding the Hernandez home in order to gain answers to the many questions surrounding the disappearance and return of Abigail. The police are asking that if anyone saw Abigail Hernandez or a female wearing the clothing and drawstring bag in the attached photos in the area of North South Road, Sunday evening between 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. to contact the State Police at (603) 271-3636 or the Conway police at (603) 356-5715.

While law enforcement officials are seeking answers to their many questions regarding the circumstances of Abigail’s disappearance on October 9, 2013, at the time of her disappearance Abigail was 14 years of age and had no known means to facilitate her disappearance or provide herself with shelter, meals and other necessities over the ensuing nine months. Should the investigation reveal evidence that a person or persons were involved with Abigail’s disappearance and/or detainment or concealment, then the appropriate criminal charge(s) will be brought. Until such time that law enforcement officials have a comprehensive understanding of the facts surrounding Abigail’s disappearance and nine month absence, there will be no further press briefings.
Source: http://doj.nh.gov/

Perhaps this has been brought up already but I'm wondering if the length of time she was gone is significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member