LeAnna (Mom) #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't get a hang of posting pictures in this new forum format. I'm going to try it again.

I have looked at every, single photo that was taken of her during the PCH AND watched every, single video recording of her during the PCH and it chills my soul. Her reactions are NOT normal on any level. I feel it in my gut.

I've never been in her situation, but I have several family members and friends that have lost children and I've seen those people experience different types of grief and it is nothing like what we're seeing here. IMO

Such a huge contrast between her and the people seated near her at the PCH. I don't even know who they were but they looked shocked, angry, stunned, and in disbelief. Not her though. It's like she wasn't quite there.

I just have a bunch of very damning behavioral anomalies that I can't overcome.

People are different.
Normal people do NOT behave like her. what I witnessed at the PCH lines up perfectly with the testimony of the detective. IMO

Neither parent was attached to their child in a normal healthy way. That scares me most of all.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear and respect where you are with it. Thanks for doing likewise for me. I am reminded of the saying "normal is just a setting on the dryer"

With RH, I have more to go on and Cooper was in his custody and care, therefore he I know is responsible for Cooper's death. LH all I have is a few snips of unusual behaviors or comments, not the mountain I do for RH.

I feel way more confident in my beliefs about RH.

I've been all over Northport and Tuscaloosa since she's been here, but honestly.... I've been much too busy to even notice if I saw LH. I'd probably be assuming correctly that most people in the area wouldn't recognize her if they aren't following the case. People here are going about their lives. MOO

Normal might not be an apt description, but human emotions should be present, IMO. There seems to be no human emotions present in LH or RH, IMO. How is that explained?

Surely neither should still be in the initial stages of shock. I've seen people be in total disbelief upon first knowing of the death of a loved one, then just collapse in a puddle of grief. WHERE is the grief?

How could a mother even stand at a funeral of her baby, give a eulogy, and not cry but instead say she would not bring him back even if she could? IMO, she displayed more thought and sorrow for RH than baby Cooper.

I can't even discuss this 'mother' anymore. I have simply got to lose this anger.

MOO

Such a huge contrast between her and the people seated near her at the PCH. I don't even know who they were but they looked shocked, angry, stunned, and in disbelief. Not her though. It's like she wasn't quite there.

She was there....chomp, chomp, chomp. Blink. Look bored. Chomp. Chomp. Chomp.

IMO it doesn't matter to me if she was offered or not. The norm is ...mothers BEG to see their child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

"GIVE ME MY BABY NOW!!!!"

Then I would start swinging. And busting my way through whomever stood between me and the body of my baby.

But, that's just me.

Normal might not be an apt description, but human emotions should be present, IMO. There seems to be no human emotions present in LH or RH, IMO. How is that explained?

Surely neither should still be in the initial stages of shock. I've seen people be in total disbelief upon first knowing of the death of a loved one, then just collapse in a puddle of grief. WHERE is the grief?

How could a mother even stand at a funeral of her baby, give a eulogy, and not cry but instead say she would not bring him back even if she could? IMO, she displayed more thought and sorrow for RH than baby Cooper.

I can't even discuss this 'mother' anymore. I have simply got to lose this anger.

MOO

You may be hitting a snag with "human". IMO, neither of those lumps are parents, nor are they capable of human emotion. Poor baby Cooper.

LE should have taken her to the scene to gauge her reaction.
They were there investigating for a while and RH didn't leave the scene in the cruiser until 5:45pm. I wonder why they didn't.

All posts are MOO

Long time lurker here!! I am understand fully how different people grieve differently. I can also relate to some of whats going on. I lost my 3 year old son in February. He passed while in my care, while we were both sleeping. He had health problems. My husband found him when he came home from work. My husband was for lack of better words, a basket case. I stayed calm was not crying. got oxygen and CPR started, called 911 and rode in the ambulance to the hospital. Only after the Dr. stopped working on him did I start crying. when my husband got to the hospital he didn't even want to be in the room with him. I sat there and held him for hours. We grieved very differently. I absolutely would have never said that I wouldn't bring my son back if given the chance. And he had a difficult life 2 years on a home ventilator and had a trach. But I still would have wanted him back. never could have given a eulogy. Back to lurking

:grouphug: latenighter, thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry.

Please don't go back to lurking

I hear and respect where you are with it. Thanks for doing likewise for me. I am reminded of the saying "normal is just a setting on the dryer"

With RH, I have more to go on and Cooper was in his custody and care, therefore he I know is responsible for Cooper's death. LH all I have is a few snips of unusual behaviors or comments, not the mountain I do for RH.

I feel way more confident in my beliefs about RH.

This post echoes my initial impressions too, however as I have stated previously, IMO there is SO much more that is going to come out at the trial, especially about their marriage and relationship....seems as though there may be a lot of complex issues there to which we are not yet privy. We shall see.....

MOO

As very strange as she seems, no one really has any idea what was/is going on in LH's head- maybe not even those who know her best. We have heard comments from RH's brother and friends, but nothing whatsoever from any of LH's friends. Does she have any or are all the people she knows their "couple" friends? She comes across to me as totally shut down and numb- at the PCH, she just looked empty and vacant....I don't know her and have no way of even guessing what is in her head based on just looking at her and thinking what she "should" be looking and acting like. IDK.

It's not the same situation at all, however when my Dad passed away last month, my brother (through Dad's entire illness, death and funeral), was like a complete zombie. Zip. Nada. Nothing. He looked like a blank and had zero response when I tried talking to him to see how he was doing....no tears, no emotion, no medication. He is still shut down and has seemed to become more and more so over the last year or so- I have no idea what he is feeling and experiencing in his life that has brought this on, but I have definitely noticed a change in his demeanor and personality over the last 2+ years and so have other family members and friends. My apologies for drifting slightly OT, but I just wanted to mention this because I have seen my brother with the same look as LH had in that hearing. There's a whole lot churning in that head of her's IMO, we just have no clue what all it is. IMHO, JMO, MOO.

Long time lurker here!! I am understand fully how different people grieve differently. I can also relate to some of whats going on. I lost my 3 year old son in February. He passed while in my care, while we were both sleeping. He had health problems. My husband found him when he came home from work. My husband was for lack of better words, a basket case. I stayed calm was not crying. got oxygen and CPR started, called 911 and rode in the ambulance to the hospital. Only after the Dr. stopped working on him did I start crying. when my husband got to the hospital he didn't even want to be in the room with him. I sat there and held him for hours. We grieved very differently. I absolutely would have never said that I wouldn't bring my son back if given the chance. And he had a difficult life 2 years on a home ventilator and had a trach. But I still would have wanted him back. never could have given a eulogy. Back to lurking

I am so sorry for your loss. May peace be with you....

GB you and your husband, latenighter.

I do hope you will post more and be here to see justice for baby Cooper.

MOO
I've been reluctant to make this post, but the more I think about it the more I wonder if Leanna might be on the autism spectrum if only slightly. There are some very subtle signs. I am not verified so please take this as my opinion only.

Agree. It was as if she was prepared to hear it all, because she already knew it all. So, her attitude was "I'll just sit there and tolerate their spiel."JMO

I've been reluctant to make this post, but the more I think about it the more I wonder if Leanna might be on the autism spectrum if only slightly. There are some very subtle signs. I am not verified so please take this as my opinion only.

You aren't the only one who's wondered this.

So sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I still don't know about Leanna, but I have some thoughts about "I'm doing this for you".

When my mom died, I decided that it was my job to be there and be strong for my dad. I helped make sure all the funeral arrangements were made, that everything was taken care of at the house, whatever needed to be done. I did not stop to let myself grieve at that time, because I wanted to make sure my dad got through it. Looking back, that was probably a mistake- I should have allowed myself to grieve while I was around my whole family. Instead I dumped it all on my husband later. But anyway-

At the point of the funeral, Leanna was in a weird place. She had just lost her son and her husband was in prison for it- her whole life had fallen apart. Maybe she just decided that she had to be strong and get through this, that she had to do it for both herself and Ross since he couldn't be there. It's easy for us, looking back, to judge this behavior as inappropriate and suspicious. But maybe, at the time, that was all she could think of to do. Maybe she had to steel herself to keep from falling apart, to hold onto the remnants of the family she had just days before.

Even at the PCH, I could see her wanting to hold it together, not to break down in public. Maybe her anger is even taking over at that point, hearing about the sexting (which she probably knew a little about, but certainly didn't want broadcasted for the whole world to know). Leanna at is probably feeling pretty embarrassed and stupid, and realizing that whatever shred of her former life she was trying to hold onto is gone. Whether or not Ross is guilty or found guilty, their marriage is over. I can see her feeling empty, hollow, void and emotionless.

I know there are a lot of other factors, I know. And really, I can explain and rationalize most of them. It's when you add them all up that it becomes really hard to accept all those individual explanations. I would like for her to be innocent, but it is going to be hard for me to believe that she is until we learn more.

MOO

Yes, this and her statement, "Ross is a good leader for our family" and was a great dad and will be a great dad for kids they have in the future, etc.

That bothers me. A lot. Her standing by her man initially is one thing; doing it in the manner that she did and continues to do, however, is just plain scary. She lost her baby through action/inaction of her husband and not only does she appear to not grieve the loss of the child, she sticks up for the person who neglected the boy to death. Cooper died an ugly painful death and that fact does not even faze this mother. What?

My biggest fear in this case is that it will go the way the vast majority of the other "I forgot" cases have gone: He will get away with this. He could get a plea deal and get a mere slap on the wrist. Or he could be acquitted. It could happen. We all know too well that it could happen. I fear this "great dad" will walk free, and then he and his unfazed wife will have another child--a child that he will routinely strap into a car seat. And she will allow him to do so because he is the leader of the family, and a great dad, and yada yada yada...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard