Cases possibly of interest for the LISK case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing some snooping and the last name may be a shortened version of the actual last name - "Cuevascastillo"

Something definitely ain't Kosher, that's for sure. If she did in fact send goons out after CB, you have to be a pretty tough customer to have those kinds of resources at your disposal.

Who knows, maybe she did it herself :eek:

No way...she didn't do this alone. I'm not sure where Chinelle fits in...she may have just heard things...and when peeved off about the electricity (cord) issue she may have said she was going to tell authorities what she knew. Either that or Lea and her associates are just cold blooded animals who deal with others in the most inhumane way because they are scum... Also I'd like to correct my earlier post....I am concerned for the safety of Janet Llyod. She is the lady who married Garth Lewis. Either she has been blackmailed...or she is somehow complicit with Lea and possibly Vladimir. How can anyone reasonably expect Janet Llyod would have Lea still in the Building when Lea was part of a prosecution team against her in implying that she (Janet) Killed her husband. It doesn't make any sense. And the now arrested mutilator is supposed to be the same caring/kind individual who alerted (Along with videoptaped evidence) Mr Lewis's Family of Janet's wicked ways....Bullcrap....this was a scam...and it had more than one player!!!

Doing some snooping and the last name may be a shortened version of the actual last name - "Cuevascastillo"

You seem as passionate about this as me....Hopefully the truth will come out in the next few days...no way is Lea going to take the blame all on her own.....she may have been the one to stab Chinelle in the first instance - but I no way believe she dismembered her and scattered her remains around the south shore and Hempstead on her own....

You seem as passionate about this as me....Hopefully the truth will come out in the next few days...no way is Lea going to take the blame all on her own.....she may have been the one to stab Chinelle in the first instance - but I no way believe she dismembered her and scattered her remains around the south shore and Hempstead on her own....

I got pulled into this one at the very beginning through "a friend". I don't want to put out too much personal info but it was this friend's former family member that found the body and another family member of same "friend" had a view of the crime scene as it happened. It's how I came to have a photo of the body albeit a far away view.

Well if they would have told us that they found blood spatter in LC's apartment and the body was dumped close to her sister's house, then we wouldn't have wasted our time on this one! Jeez!
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...slaying-of-chinelle-browne-cops-say-1.8880871

Seriously, though, I'm not all the familiar with this aspect of police work. Does anyone know why they would hold back info like that from the media?

Well if they would have told us that they found blood spatter in LC's apartment and the body was dumped close to her sister's house, then we wouldn't have wasted our time on this one! Jeez!
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...slaying-of-chinelle-browne-cops-say-1.8880871

Seriously, though, I'm not all the familiar with this aspect of police work. Does anyone know why they would hold back info like that from the media?
Here are a few reasons off the top of my head

1. To prevent an attack on the suspect's life before the case is prosecuted.

2. To keep the suspect in the dark about the collected evidence, thereby preventing him/her from absconding or committing suicide out of a heightened sense of fear.

3. To buy time to work the investigation properly while maintaining calm in the community.

Ugh. How horrific.

ETA: From the linked Newsday article:

Cuevas had "been pretending to be the landlord," and was collecting rent from Browne for four to five months "despite the fact there is no hot water and the only electricity we have comes from one cord that comes from Leah's first floor apartment," a witness told police.

:thinking:

So where is Janet Llyod? and Vladimir? This just keeps getting creepier by the day.

Was Janet Lloyd ever interviewed in the early days after Chenille went missing? I can't find any interviews... where's Janet Llyod?

So, apparently, CB screamed out the name of her killer while the neighbors listened, meaning that LE has probably known the identity of the killer since day one. Just the usual.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/brooklyn-woman-allegedly-decapitated-neighbor.html

I got chill bumps from reading that! That horrible, selfish hateful woman! How can a person do such an evil thing! She was begging for her life. OMG that's beyond sad. It's hard to imagine hearing that and not calling 911!

I wouldn't be surprised to find out she has killed someone before!

I'm wondering what the chances are that I could murder - dismember someone in my home without my husband noticing anything different. FAT CHANCE...I hope LE is checking out how Lea's Uncle died, keeping close tabs on her husband...and keeping a safe eye on the true landlord of the Building Janet...if Janet is still around??? What is heartbreaking in all this is hearing how some people have to live in order to better their lives.

Brooklyn is the bloodiest of all the 5 boroughs of NYC. Brownsville is one of the most dangerous neighborhoods in Bklyn.

About 30 years ago, my cousins son (16) living in Brownsville with his mother was shot & killed because of a remark he made to another teen about leaving the buildings outside door open. It was a remark we often heard as kids when we left doors open: "were you born in a barn? " The teen went out, came back with a gun & killed our little Charlie. Violence hasn't changed much in that neighborhood. Tragically sad that Chinelle had to pave her families way to a "better life" in such a brutal area.

EXCERPT: "The NYPD also reported that 42 percent of murders in New York were motivated by a dispute or revenge, and 57 percent were the result of gun violence. Thirty-seven percent of homicides took places between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.

http://observer.com/2013/04/nypd-stats-show-that-brooklyn-is-still-bloodiest-borough/

That is such a tragic story LISleuth - your cousin didn't deserve that way and it's such a shame in 30 years as you say "nothing much has changed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53