GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, what are we doing on this site if there was already proof? The person responsible would not only be arrested, but convicted, if we had proof. I don't recall anyone specifically saying who, without a doubt, murdered EC. Heck, she could be alive for that matter. Sure LE will get to the bottom of it but I thought this site was to discuss evidence presented (which we do have some here in the form of official court documents). Not intended as a rude comment, just wondering what the heck the purpose of this site is sometimes.

Certainly understand and respect your POV and, obviously, we don't know what happened. That said, there is a reason that the LE spokesperson chose to lead with the fact that CL had been arrested on an unrelated charge when speaking about the search for Erin earlier this week, IMO. As I've said, I believe they know much more than we think.

Then again, speculation is what we do here. If the cases were all resolved quickly, there wouldn't be anything to discuss. We're just sharing our own opinions and tossing around ideas. And really, this particular case, so far, appears to be pretty classic in terms of circumstances and motive.

Certainly understand and respect your POV and, obviously, we don't know what happened. That said, there is a reason that the LE spokesperson chose to lead with the fact that CL had been arrested on an unrelated charge when speaking about the search for Erin earlier this week, IMO. As I've said, I believe they know much more than we think.

Then again, speculation is what we do here. If the cases were all resolved quickly, there wouldn't be anything to discuss. We're just sharing our own opinions and tossing around ideas. And really, this particular case, so far, appears to be pretty classic in terms of circumstances and motive.

Agree wholeheartedly, thus my post in response to another post.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I was sharing from own personal observations not pointing out anyone statement or person or comment for that matter in particular it was a generalized statement of my thoughts. Speculate away. I am very interested in reading everyone's thoughts and who knows someone may be spot on. I just think that some folks on the world wide internet are taking it to a whole new level when they are pointing fingers and naming names of whom murdered this young lady. Until such time that it is proven as a fact that she is indeed deceased and a murderer has been named I just in my own opinion feel it is wrong. One would hope she is alive and just walked away for whatever reason.

In the case of Kelli Bordeaux, her murderer used her cellphone to send texts after he ended her life.
He sent a text "driving", another "got home safely", and another too iirc.
LE put out a statement stating they had reason to believe Kelli had not been the one who sent the last texts from her phone. The texts served to throw the timeline off a bit and also bought the perpetrator time.

There have been other cases where a murderer has pretended to be the actual victim for a long time after they had killed the person. One guy wrote emails/letters (via computer) to the victim's friend and a relative (father I believe).
The victim lived out of state from the other significant people in her life so this went on for some time.
Heck, one guy took on the identity of an older woman, lived in her NY apartment, cashed her SS checks and posed as the woman until he eventually was found out.

For this reason, I prefer to receive a phone call from someone saying they arrived safely. And, if they don't call within the time expected, I'll call the person.

Agree. In Kelli's case it was the text messages that threw me off. Caused me to look at her hubby and not the real perp. Take one reported element out from a case and we can get a whole other spin. Not to mention what LE knows and we don't.

Woe.be.gone: I think you missed the last sentence Meemaw 12 wrote. Sounds like the 6-7% should have been 60-70%.

No, didn't miss it. Just the author (not Meemaw) shouldn't expect the reader to adjust the percentages or question the information presented. If it reads six or seven percent - that's the info given. I thought it was kind of funny that someone is trying to help a witness get his percentages right. Sort of like leading a witness, don't you think?They probably transcribed what MB said because he may have been interrupted and couldn't finish his statement for some reason. But for him to conjure up a percentage on TV when put on the spot is a bit over the top imo concerning the show production and him being on it in the first place. Anybody know the percentage of marines who are 5'9" give or take an inch and have short hair? And can everyone tell the state of mind of two people who are talking in a vehicle when you aren't able to hear them speaking?

We know eye witness accounts are often not accurate. To notice fine point details such as she may have been locking her car door and the car was in gear seems strange to me. Maybe if he took his cowboy hat off I'd have a better idea and could bump it up to 8 or 9 percent (wait, didn't you mean 80 or 90 percent?). OMG, hope I'm never at the mercy of him or the JVM show.

Also I'd ask, was it bigger than a bowling ball or smaller than a cookie (the item she had in her hand). We know it wasn't an overnight bag I guess. Oh, and are you color blind? I've learned always to ask an eyewitness if they're color blind or not - just in case their red is green or the new black!

Yes, I'm being a smart arse. Sorry.

Agree. In Kelli's case it was the text messages that threw me off. Caused me to look at her hubby and not the real perp. Take one reported element out from a case and we can get a whole other spin. Not to mention what LE knows and we don't.

Between you and me, what's weird, is when the witness in Erin's case was speaking to the media he reminded me of Nick H. (who, btw, I thought seemed believable when he spoke to the media before he was arrested on those non registration of new address charges - that'll teach me). Something seemed the same to me but can't put my finger on what exactly.

Is that used when an individual does not have the capability to actually bold?

No it just means you are addressing the portion of the post that you bolded on the post you are responding to.

Please see the bottom of this post re: why they may have used the word "injured."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Palms-28-June-2014-6&p=10787836#post10787836

Totally see where you're coming from there. I could understand their trying to convey a sense of urgency to garner more resources for the physical search for Erin, but this refers to the search warrants. I wonder if there were text messages or something otherwise to tip off LE to CL/NL. There had to have been something, IMO.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I was sharing from own personal observations not pointing out anyone statement or person or comment for that matter in particular it was a generalized statement of my thoughts. Speculate away. I am very interested in reading everyone's thoughts and who knows someone may be spot on. I just think that some folks on the world wide internet are taking it to a whole new level when they are pointing fingers and naming names of whom murdered this young lady. Until such time that it is proven as a fact that she is indeed deceased and a murderer has been named I just in my own opinion feel it is wrong. One would hope she is alive and just walked away for whatever reason.

We all hope she is alive. The question is: how likely is it that she is alive, and hasn't contacted her mother, used her cellphone, used credit cards, etc. She has no car. We know CL was going to meet her for a trip 2 hours away, and yet the most plausible reason she is missing is that she ran off? It is true we don't know if she was murdered or who did it if she was. But look at NL's statements. What percentage of completely innocent people would criticize their innocent husband for saying too much, or would say that they'll never find the body. Only a guilty person would say these things. I think most of us underestimate the significance of this. In what other context than guilt would a person say these two things. Maybe there is another situation, but I can't think of one. Can you?

Between you and me, what's weird, is when the witness in Erin's case was speaking to the media he reminded me of Nick H. (who, btw, I thought seemed believable when he spoke to the media before he was arrested on those non registration of new address charges - that'll teach me). Something seemed the same to me but can't put my finger on what exactly.

As in instinct? You know what they say.

I hear ya. Something is really off. If only we had the missing pieces. If this case ever gets solved and I pray it does we may be in for a few surprises. Or not. IMO.
ETA-Nick was believable

No, didn't miss it. Just the author (not Meemaw) shouldn't expect the reader to adjust the percentages or question the information presented. If it reads six or seven percent - that's the info given. I thought it was kind of funny that someone is trying to help a witness get his percentages right. Sort of like leading a witness, don't you think?They probably transcribed what MB said because he may have been interrupted and couldn't finish his statement for some reason. But for him to conjure up a percentage on TV when put on the spot is a bit over the top imo concerning the show production and him being on it in the first place. Anybody know the percentage of marines who are 5'9" give or take an inch and have short hair? And can everyone tell the state of mind of two people who are talking in a vehicle when you aren't able to hear them speaking?

We know eye witness accounts are often not accurate. To notice fine point details such as she may have been locking her car door and the car was in gear seems strange to me. Maybe if he took his cowboy hat off I'd have a better idea and could bump it up to 8 or 9 percent (wait, didn't you mean 80 or 90 percent?). OMG, hope I'm never at the mercy of him or the JVM show.

Also I'd ask, was it bigger than a bowling ball or smaller than a cookie (the item she had in her hand). We know it wasn't an overnight bag I guess. Oh, and are you color blind? I've learned always to ask an eyewitness if they're color blind or not - just in case their red is green or the new black!

BBM - This is so true. I've really not put much stock into the eye-witness account, for this very reason. But where Erin's car was found is really important, IMO. Regardless of who was at that location at any point in time.

No need to apologize. I really have no clue if he said 7-8%, 70-80%, or anything else because I didn't watch the show. It appeared the poster was pointing out an error in the transcript of a show she watched (and transcripts often do have errors), and it looked like you didn't notice her comment. If you watched it and heard differently, fine by me. Frankly I don't care one way or the other...regardless of how the "red car angle" turns out I'm 100% sure CL and/or NL killed Erin.

Can anyone refresh my brain as to when LE stated Erin's phone was shut off? I believe there was a timeline stated and if I recall it was shortly after she left? If so I think that's huge.
ETA-could be huge

Can anyone refresh my brain as to when LE stated Erin's phone was shut off? I believe there was a timeline stated and if I recall it was shortly after she left? If so I think that's huge.
ETA-could be huge

It was in the Probable Cause:
Sometime after Erin left with CL her phone was deactivated (turned off). Detectives believe if Erin was injured and left at an undisclosed
location, she would not able to call for help.

We all hope she is alive. The question is: how likely is it that she is alive, and hasn't contacted her mother, used her cellphone, used credit cards, etc. She has no car. We know CL was going to meet her for a trip 2 hours away, and yet the most plausible reason she is missing is that she ran off? It is true we don't know if she was murdered or who did it if she was. But look at NL's statements. What percentage of completely innocent people would criticize their innocent husband for saying too much, or would say that they'll never find the body. Only a guilty person would say these things. I think most of us underestimate the significance of this. In what other context than guilt would a person say these two things. Maybe there is another situation, but I can't think of one. Can you?

I hope not to upset anyone but it could be possible that she is alive and has not contacted her Mother, or used her cellphone or credit cards, etc. Yes it is possible even without a car. I am speaking from experience here yes it is possible. For that matter add on to the things already mentioned no ID, social security card, medications, birth certificate, money, clothing and things we would think one would need to survive. I first hand know for a fact this is possible and has happened. But I am not saying this is the case but possible yes.

I hope not to upset anyone but it could be possible that she is alive and has not contacted her Mother, or used her cellphone or credit cards, etc. Yes it is possible even without a car. I am speaking from experience here yes it is possible. For that matter add on to the things already mentioned no ID, social security card, medications, birth certificate, money, clothing and things we would think one would need to survive. I first hand know for a fact this is possible and has happened. But I am not saying this is the case but possible yes.

Thank you! In your opinion, may I ask what leads you to feel that might be what's happened in Erin's case? I soooo want her to be alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv