GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look no farther marble and Montjoy...Seek and ye shall find.. You're both on the right thread.. Fasten your seat belts, we're in for a roller coaster ride..
The writing is on the wall, and the Devil is in the details, imo...Hang tight..

Well, so, it's clear they have a problem with Sills -- this has been well documented. But there is absolutely no reason to think that they killed the Dermonds, and so far as I can tell, nobody on this planet, save for a few posters here, thinks that there is.

Not rambling at all, Abelia. Cogent and well-put.

Beautiful & respectful post! I am a long time member but a first time poster. I mostly read (I am very busy and have been raising 2 of my grandchildren for the last 11 years!) , and honestly have never felt I could add to the insightful posts that are already coming from the members of Websleuths. So many wonderful and different ideas coming from what I believe to be some great minds-not always thinking the same but all adding their thoughts to try and make sense of some horrible tragedies and put the pieces together to hopefully get a clearer picture of what could have occured.

<modsnip>

Like many, I find this crime against the Dermond&#8217;s horrific and it is truly a mind boggling mystery how anyone could perpetrate such a horrendous crime &#61516; on 2 people. But then again, I look around (and don&#8217;t have to look far) and there is just absolute madness going on in this world sometimes. I see so many possibilities of what &#8220;could&#8221; have happened that is blows my mind if I think about it too much.
I just hope & pray that Sheriff Sills gets the pieces of the puzzle that he needs to find the criminals who committed this heinous crime & has all the evidence he needs to make sure that they are locked up never to see the light of day. I just wish that until we have more concrete facts to go on that everyone of us would respect others and their rights to feel as they do with a sense of comradery that I believe is what the essence of Websleuth&#8217;s is about. Have a great day all!

<modsnip>

Thank you Charminglane! I just love Websleuth's and reading everyone's thoughts and ideas!

Well, so, it's clear they have a problem with Sills -- this has been well documented. But there is absolutely no reason to think that they killed the Dermonds, and so far as I can tell, nobody on this planet, save for a few posters here, thinks that there is.

I haven't polled anyone about the Dermonds, but I'm open to any and all ideas about their murders. We each have opinions and voice the ones that make the most sense to us. I have absolutely no reason to think anyone would murder the Dermonds...

Bumping; article from 7 weeks into the Dermond investigation;

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/06/24/no-new-leads-in-dermond-murders/11327969/

Putnam Sheriff: No new leads in Dermond murders
<sniped read more>

Sills says they've narrowed the time frame for the murders down to sometime between the afternoon of Friday May 2nd and Saturday May 3rd.

He says the only possible witness they have was a caller who says, from a distance, she saw a man on the Dermonds' property that Saturday afternoon. "And that's the closest thing we have, we don't have a car description, we don't have a person description," Sills says.

Sills says his department has done a thorough investigation into the Dermonds' background. He doesn't believe any of their immediate family committed the crime, but does think it would have to be someone they knew. Sills says the case is unlike other murders because of the unique circumstances.

"Most of the time, the victim, or at least somebody associated with the victim has some ties to some criminal activity. That, at this point in time in our investigation we have not found that," he says.
________________<BBM for Focus>______________

"This case is not the norm, imo." It is an anomaly...

Hopefully, we can all agree that awareness is the key in missing/murdered person's investigations in the 21st century, and that all available resources should be utilized by investigators to insure a probable successful resolution and eventual justice for the victims and their family.. Can I get an amen?

It concerns me very much that this appears not to be the case in the Dermond's abduction/murders/decapitation investigation..
Why would Sheriff Howard Sills continue to refuse these valuable investigative resources; the GBI's elite special agents and social media; facebook, twitter, etc., to inform the citizenry?

Just curious, if anyone has any plausible explanation, or ideas as to why?...also why the silence by SS, lack of investigative updates/pressers, and the absence of msm coverage by WSB2 Mark Winne, AJC's Christian Boone, Athens Banner Herald's crimewriter Joe Johnson, and the Eatonton Messenger News?

http://leb.fbi.gov/2013/september/interactive-social-media-the-value-for-law-enforcement

Interactive Social Media: The Value for Law Enforcement

Bumping WS Media Link;

Just want to say thanks to the folks who help keep up the Media Link thread. I forget about it sometimes and then when I am reminded I am very grateful to all the folks who contribute and to the moderators who keep it up to date. Thanks to Bessie and everyone! You are :websleuther: :angel: :angel: :loveyou:

Just want to say thanks to the folks who help keep up the Media Link thread. I forget about it sometimes and then when I am reminded I am very grateful to all the folks who contribute and to the moderators who keep it up to date. Thanks to Bessie and everyone! You are :websleuther: :angel: :angel: :loveyou:

Gosh, Boots. So true. The under appreciated documenters!

I don't recall any silence in the Lauren Giddings case,

until after SM was arrested, while putting together their case,

then it all exploded again when he plead guilty

and the masses sat in silence, it was over

i fear, no trail, surely investigating and gathering evidence as in any case, but all dead ends SS said recently

Silence ensued :facepalm:

Amen! Why the silence?

Now you've got me wondering about the Eatonton Messenger FF.... Did the paper employ cult members, or was the paper run by the cult or the cult made their own paper and it looked like the Eatonton messenger (they just cut and pasted articles from EM to their paper)? These people have my personal information.......

Quick post, and last, as I understand it, the Media does read us, I'm sure they could question SS of anything they find curious here, also, he could not respond, So, another dead end, until more, wait, ANY evidence is gathered

Yes, there has been plenty of time for him to ruminate in prison on how to implement a plan of "justice."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77