GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make me laugh 77, and I mean that in a good way, :) (No sarcasm intended) And this post of yours really made me literally laugh out loud and I had to read it a few times to figure out exactly what you're saying, LOL, but to sum it up, I think you meant something more on this line; I always make it a rule to ONLY (instead of never) sleep with the one person who you're in love with etc. etc. etc. (Now I don't even think I'm making sense! LOL!) Shaking my head at myself and you now... :) Sheesh...

Get what your sayin' but kinda hard to tie that in to the whole Ross-Rachel breakup analogy though. He did 'sleep with this person while he was in love with someone else'. So...

Erin's case is futured on the cover story of this People magazine issue

But the friendship ended as quickly as it started. Last fall, Nichole and Erin, 19, often rode horses at the White Rock Horse Rescue ranch in nearby Yucca Valley.

"After February, they never came together," owner Isabel Megli tells PEOPLE. "[Nichole] never said a word."

http://www.people.com/article/erin-...ant-affair-christopher-lee-people-cover-story

IM is still talking! Some people sure like to dig deep pits, IMO.

(ETA: Not to confuse anyone, I am talking about the pit she has been digging with so many different tales and not a real pit.)

IM is trying her best to defend and take up for the Lees. She mostly calls Erin "she". I believe she didn't get to know Erin due to Erin not being a person who gts all up in everything. Maybe she went and tended to her horse and minded her business. The Lees were involved in much more around there. So she really likes them and thinks they are wonderful. I can barely watch her now, because I think she's got tunnel vision. It does not involve Erin at all. MY O.

I find it really interesting that IM doesn't have anything posted on her website/facebook regarding Erin. I would think even a blurb saying that the rescue's thoughts and prayers are with Erin and her family. But nothing, nada. Good lord, it's not like Erin showed up the day before she went missing she has been there for a least a couple months. She sure talks about the L's with no problem. OK - rant over.

The Sleepy Tortoise (TLF) is $68 a night. I'm assuming IM let them stay at the ranch for free.

Wow really? I guess I was just thinking about our experiences using TLF and not 29 Palms specifically. The first time we used it, at a base in FL my husband was stationed at, we didn't pay anything. We've used them when traveling and they've never been more than $40/night. Note to self: don't use the TLF at Marines bases.

After going back and looking at the original search warrants, it sure made me wonder whether the Probable Cause Affidavit for the search at the ranch was leaked by accident. The wording on the "Order to Seal Search Warrant Affidavit" on those first searches sure sound like they didn't want anything released to the public. "The warrants sought pursuant to this affidavit relate to an ongoing investigation of felony offenses, and it is expected that additional Search Warrants will be sought relating to this matter. If the information in this affidavit and related documents is made public, it would compromise this investigation and make it very difficult to continue. Your affiant believes that if information contained in this affidavit were made available to any co-conspirators, and/or media outlets, the destruction of potential evidence would occur, thereby hindering this investigation and the future prosecution of offenses hereto alleged."

That may be common wording to have them sealed. IDK

Sealing wasn't requested in the ranch warrant at all. Only night service was requested.

FINALLY, after 2 days of reading, I'm finally caught up! One thing I can't get out of my head is the comment that NL supposedly made saying that EC's body would never be found. It hurts me to even type this but how long does it take for a body to burn? As we were watching an episode of "Longmire" last night, the thought crossed my mind. Is it possible CL was gone so long because he had to stay with a fire he had set? I'm sure there are plenty of places within a 2 hour drive where a fire could not be spotted or questioned.

You mean like one of those forest fires that southern California is so famous for? :shocked2:

I wish that was the case and it would be true that she is just an embarrassed alive young woman but nothing points to that being the conclusion, imo.

But from what I have learned about Erin she simply would not walkout on her family and leave them thinking something dreadful has happened to her, imo. She seems very close to her mother. Which means to me even if she did walkout she would contact her mother to let her know she was ok rather than making her mom go through this terrible nightmare of worry and dread.

And how would she survive. I have no doubt if she and Jon had credit cards LE is looking for any kind of activity since she disappeared. I believe they have found nothing to show them Erin is alive.

Unfortunately I think the reason Erin is gone without a trace is because she is no longer alive. The perp has put her body somewhere that they are very confident it will never be found and they had more than ample time in order to do that. Criminals lately seem to know how to hide a body better where it will never be found. Just like they have never found Holly Bobo or Sierra Lamar's bodies even though LE knows they both have been murdered.

I fully feel that everything the police has investigated in this case points to a dead victim and not a runaway. She would have to have money and quite a bit of it when she left. She was said to be a shy young woman and I just don't see her out there somewhere on her own hiding from police and those who are worried sick about her.

LE would go through all of their financial records and they will also go through the Lees finances to see if any cash money was withdrawn close in time to when she went missing. Imo, they aren't going to find anything out of the ordinary. CL did not give her money to leave. He lured her to go with him that day knowing that Erin would never be going anywhere ever again.

JMO only

I agree with everything in your post. The problem I see now though is that LE has sort of shot themselves in the foot by declaring publicly and repeatedly that they themselves aren't sure if she just ran off on her own or not.

Any defense attorney is going to use those very words against them in a trial, unless her body is found.

If they can't find her, then everybody bring a sack lunch and prepare for a long, long wait on this case. They won't make an arrest in this case until she is found.

But the friendship ended as quickly as it started. Last fall, Nichole and Erin, 19, often rode horses at the White Rock Horse Rescue ranch in nearby Yucca Valley.

"After February, they never came together," owner Isabel Megli tells PEOPLE. "[Nichole] never said a word."

http://www.people.com/article/erin-...ant-affair-christopher-lee-people-cover-story

(ETA: Not to confuse anyone, I am talking about the pit she has been digging with so many different tales and not a real pit.)

If that statement is true, and NL and Erin started out riding together, and suddenly stopped in February, it certainly seems something happened in February doesn't it? Hmm....

Since 19-year-old Erin Corwin went missing more than four weeks ago, mystery continues to surround her disappearance – even as secrets she may have been keeping from her family are revealed.

"We have a responsibility to conduct a thorough investigation to determine if she's a victim of foul play or if she's voluntarily missing," Jodi Miller, spokesperson for the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department, tells PEOPLE. "She has not been located."

As the search for Erin continues, questions surround the nature of her relationship with her neighbor, former Marine Cpl. Christopher Lee.

Erin and her husband, Marine Cpl. Jon Corwin, had been living on base in Twentynine Palms, California, for less than a year when, in an effort to make new friends, the young couple started hanging out with their neighbors Christopher and Nichole Lee.

On June 28, Erin – who was nearly two months pregnant – told her husband she was heading to Joshua Tree National Park to check out scenic places for her and her mother, who was expected to arrive the following week, to visit. She never returned home and her husband called police the following day.

While more than 60 volunteers searched hundreds of square miles of scorched terrain around the park, detectives spoke with a childhood friend of Erin's who forwarded texts to police suggesting Erin and Christopher were having an affair and the baby could possibly be his, according to an affidavit.

At first, Christopher denied knowing much about Erin, but after being questioned again by police, he admitted to kissing Erin but nothing more.

"Lee stated his wife knew he and Erin were becoming too close," according to the affidavit.

This is par from the article on Erin in People magazine.

That would tell me that it's likely Nichole did know about the affair, and found out in Feb. So that means it had been going on longer than I thought. :(
Also, this might explain why IM stated they carpooled AND they came at different times during the week. As in they happened at different times in their friendship. Meaning they carpooled, then when they stopped coming together and when NL found out about the affair, they started coming at different times of the week. JMO

I agree with everything in your post. The problem I see now though is that LE has sort of shot themselves in the foot by declaring publicly and repeatedly that they themselves aren't sure if she just ran off on her own or not.

Any defense attorney is going to use those very words against them in a trial, unless her body is found.

If they can't find her, then everybody bring a sack lunch and prepare for a long, long wait on this case. They won't make an arrest in this case until she is found.

Isn't it really the opposite? The prosecutor will point out that LE was open-minded about what might have happened to Erin, and didn't focus immediately on the Lees, to the exclusion of other possibilities. Their statements and actions show that they seriously considered that she might have run off. These public statements strengthen the case, and that's why they were made. It's wise PR on their part. They know Erin is dead and that the Lees most likely did it. Hopefully, they'll have the necessary evidence to get a conviction.

There went a long LONG time before lacy was found.... so it was a no body no crime for a long time. Everybody still knew Scott did it tho.

Less than 5 months (Dec. 24- April 14). Which in the whole scheme of "suspicious" missing bodies, isn't very long when many are found more than a year later, or even 5 years, case in point, the McStay family.

If EC met with foul play in the desert (JT), I've always believed, the "desert gives up it's secrets" eventually. Hikers, hunters, campers, ATV and trail riders, and acts of Nature, these hot arid places do more to preserve than destroy a body and are just waiting for someone to stumble upon something.

Isn't it really the opposite? The prosecutor will point out that LE was open-minded about what might have happened to Erin, and didn't focus immediately on the Lees, to the exclusion of other possibilities. Their statements and actions show that they seriously considered that she might have run off. These public statements strengthen the case, and that's why they were made. It's wise PR on their part. They know Erin is dead and that the Lees most likely did it. Hopefully, they'll have the necessary evidence to get a conviction.

They apparently don't have enough evidence to even prove a crime has been commited, much less put someone on trial for murder.

It is her best friend; I really think the friend already knew. What I think is weird is if EC actually specified that they were going two hours away. Why would she bother telling her friend halfway across the country exactly how far away they were going? Unless she knew of a destination, that is strange, IMO. I think this is hugely important. I think EC had a nagging feeling (call it women's intuition) that something was off about this trip, and she was trying to give her friend as much information as possible without seeming paranoid. This is the primary reason that I keep coming back to CL over and over (added to all the lies, etc). If EC believed he could harm her, then it seems to me he is probably the guilty party.

I feel pretty sure this friend is where LE learned about the baby possibly being CL's. Seems odd Erin would have just happened to bring it up the very day she went missing.

Where does one get a blue latex glove? I have no idea where you would find one of those. It's certainly not rubber, it says latex. Why go through all the trouble of finding blue latex. Why one glove only? Isn't that really strange?

You can get them in bulk online at any livestock supply/medical supply site, or at feed stores. Examples: white http://www.jefferspet.com/products/latex-exam-gloves and blue http://www.jefferspet.com/products/nitrile-disposable-gloves

It is pretty clear from NL's pinterest account when she found out about the affair (see the posts about forgiveness, being hurt, etc).
EC could have stopped riding with her before she found out because it made HER uncomfortable, too.

That would tell me that it's likely Nichole did know about the affair, and found out in Feb. So that means it had been going on longer than I thought. :(
Also, this might explain why IM stated they carpooled AND they came at different times during the week. As in they happened at different times in their friendship. Meaning they carpooled, then when they stopped coming together and when NL found out about the affair, they started coming at different times of the week. JMO

It is her best friend; I really think the friend already knew. What I think is weird is if EC actually specified that they were going two hours away. Why would she bother telling her friend halfway across the country exactly how far away they were going? Unless she knew of a destination, that is strange, IMO. I think this is hugely important. I think EC had a nagging feeling (call it women's intuition) that something was off about this trip, and she was trying to give her friend as much information as possible without seeming paranoid. This is the primary reason that I keep coming back to CL over and over (added to all the lies, etc). If EC believed he could harm her, then it seems to me he is probably the guilty party.

I figured Erin wanted to know how long she would be gone...she needed to be back to feed the pets, maybe be back before JC got home. So she asked CL where they were going. And just told her friend afterwards. Jmo

I do agree that the purse and the IPOD might be very important. However, I must point out that many, many women are guilty of leaving their purses...in the car, in the restaurant, in the shopping cart, on the movie theater seat... ;)

I can't even tell you how many times I have left my purse behind. In fact, I am at work right now, and I think my purse is out in my car. With my wallet. And my snack bar. And it's raining. :(

You know what the real problem is: that purse. The purse inside of the green Honda Civic. Who's purse is it. I have never known a woman to leave her purse behind ever, nevermind in somebody else's car. The car belonged to IM right, but she's outside talking to the deets, and she could've said "that's my purse" but she didn't, and besides she lent her car to the Lees for the day anyways (we know this because the girl said the PG was in the car as they were going out to shoot it later) Nichole is in the Uhaul that just pulled up, with the girl. The only woman who might leave a purse behind is a girl, but no 13-year-old is going to go without her ipod touch(which was found inside the purse), right? We need to find out who fits that purse..... like Cinderella.

I don't think it's weird that Erin knew, just that she texted her friend. Unless the friend said specifically "where are you going?" and Erin responded "I don't know, he only told me 2 hours away" (which is definitely a possibility). But I think those texts are very, very important.

I figured Erin wanted to know how long she would be gone...she needed to be back to feed the pets, maybe be back before JC got home. So she asked CL where they were going. And just told her friend afterwards. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa