GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shipping container is WAY bigger than you need to store a motorcycle!

I don't know exactly how long it is... they have different sizes.
However, we have one that looks EXACTLY like this one.
We fit the entire contents of a 3800 square foot house in it.
Length wise we were able to fit 4-6 couches... it is ridiculously large.

Even the smaller ones could fit several motorcycles.
Why not rent a cheap storage unit to store the motorcycle?

I agree it is like an OVEN in the summer though.
You would have to do something to it for ventilation or be living underneath it, to survive the summer there. :twocents:

Can anyone confirm that only the storage container has police tape? Not the house itself? I don't know how she could have survived with no heat or air in that container.

Sorry I should clarify what I meant in my last post about the sketch and subsequent arrest. I didn't mean to imply there was only one guy involved, what I meant was that some people are questioning how the sketch led to this guy's arrest since there are a number of differences. That's why I suggested that some other info. led to this guy's arrest. Hope that makes sense now.

We've removed some discussion about photobucket. Please remember we are not sleuthing all things Kibby here but only posting and discussing those things where we know for a fact NK is involved in. Even then, we are not sleuthing his friends or people in his photos.

Some photos in the press seem to show LE focused on the container but others show tape around pretty much everything on the property. MOO they are interested in the container, but not exclusively or more so than the rest of the property.

I've been a long time lurker but have followed this case from the start.

My feeling is that he had seen her around and become fixated, she may have said 'hi' to him one day and he took his obsession to the next level.

I too am unsure whether she would have been kept in the container, just because of the logistics of weather, chances of being spotted etc.

But I believe that she managed to convince him to release her. I wish I could remember exactly what it was (i'll go and search through the threads), but one of the press releases, whether it was with the sketch or when she first arrived home, it said that AH herself was one of the key aspects of her release, and the media/coverage of her disappearance that helped.

I think that over time he felt he could tell her things etc and talked about his upcoming court cases appearances etc, and I think that Abby managed to convince him that people assumed she was a runaway, he could drop her off where he picked her up, she wouldn't tell anyone where she had been and they could wait and see what would happen at his court appearance and then she could return if he didn't get jail time, if he did then she wouldn't be left alone where she was kept while he was inside etc. (all of this obviously a ruse to help convince him to release her)

This could explain why he stayed at his property, could explain the 'not quite right' sketch (whether LE tweaked it a little so he wouldn't get spooked while they arranged warrants etc) and would explain his looks to her in the courtroom.

All just thoughts going around my head at the moment!

respectfully snipped by me

Welcome to Websleuths. I think your thoughts make a lot of sense. :loser:

:welcome3:

My feeling is that he had seen her around and become fixated, she may have said 'hi' to him one day and he took his obsession to the next level.

I too am unsure whether she would have been kept in the container, just because of the logistics of weather, chances of being spotted etc.

But I believe that she managed to convince him to release her. I wish I could remember exactly what it was (i'll go and search through the threads), but one of the press releases, whether it was with the sketch or when she first arrived home, it said that AH herself was one of the key aspects of her release, and the media/coverage of her disappearance that helped.

I think that over time he felt he could tell her things etc and talked about his upcoming court cases appearances etc, and I think that Abby managed to convince him that people assumed she was a runaway, he could drop her off where he picked her up, she wouldn't tell anyone where she had been and they could wait and see what would happen at his court appearance and then she could return if he didn't get jail time, if he did then she wouldn't be left alone where she was kept while he was inside etc. (all of this obviously a ruse to help convince him to release her)

This could explain why he stayed at his property, could explain the 'not quite right' sketch (whether LE tweaked it a little so he wouldn't get spooked while they arranged warrants etc) and would explain his looks to her in the courtroom.

Excellent observations.

Re: sketch... if she was kept drugged, it may explain how the sketch differs.

Also, there have been shows ie: 20/20 discussing eye witness' and their memory short term / long term, etc. Eye witness is not always accurate.

Mom stated at one point that she showed up and had a look in her eyes that was haunting and hollow... there is a strong chance she was under some sort of influence.

As far as screaming and shouting and banging wherever she was kept, drugging could be a good reason also.

If you look at Elizabeth Smart, she did not fight because he said he would kill her family. I think it is possible that she did not fight loudly out of fear for herself or her family. There are reasons why someone would not take that risk.

:welcome: to WS :) Great first post!

BBM. Yes, Kieran Ramsey (FBI) said it at the presser after the arraignment yesterday too.

Snipped from transcript

WE USE THE MOST SOPHISTICATED INVESTIGATIVE TOOLS IN THIS CASE TO SOME OF THE MOST COMMON INVESTIGATIVE TECHNIQUES. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, IT'S ABBY HERSELF THAT HELPED HER SAFE RETURN. HER COURAGE AND RESOLVE TO RETURN HOME THE WAY SHE DID SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. THIS IS AN UNUSUAL CASE. WE HAVE SEEN OUR WORST FEARS PROVEN TRUE, BUT WE HAVE SEEN OUR BEST HOPES REALIZED. THAT'S WHY ABBY IS HERE WITH US TODAY

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?251561-NH-Abigail-Hernandez-14-North-Conway-9-October-2013-13-**ARREST**&p=10801748#post10801748

I'm trying to zoom in on items around / on the container...there are ladders on top, a dog crate near by, 2 bicycles, wheelbarrow/garden tools, scrap type wood boards, green tote box, and is that a trash can in front of the container? Yellow with a red bag? There's also an overhead canopy, blue and white above the trash can, in between the trailer and the shipping container.

View attachment 55918
Cinder blocks as well

IDK where the dark blue truck came from, however this link has a video on the news at 5 interviewing the people he ran into in March (I believe). The man said NK was driving a white sedan. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/...rnandez-kidnapping-has-long-criminal-history/

So if she was taken in a blue truck, maybe he got rid of it, has a 2nd vehicle or it was someone else's vehicle?

I knew there had to be a white vehicle somewhere in this case, there always is :facepalm:

this is how I would've expected him to act yesterday...and he 'called' LE to his home? interesting. sorry if this was posted I hadn't seen it...

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...N1DfXVgtYoJ/story.html?p1=ArticleTab_Article_

Ray said he saw Kibby at a court proceeding last week, and “he was just very, very arrogant, smirking and smiling.”

After that incident, Kibby was ordered not to possess any firearms as part of his bail conditions. Court records show he called Gorham police to his home March 4 to seize several guns, so as not to violate his bail conditions.

Police referred all questions to the attorney general, whose office declined to comment on the visit.

Shivers. Reminds me of the whiny virgin who decided to kill all those poor kids in SB. The police did a welfare check on him and never found his cache of guns.

IDK where the dark blue truck came from, however this link has a video on the news at 5 interviewing the people he ran into in March (I believe). The man said NK was driving a white sedan. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/...rnandez-kidnapping-has-long-criminal-history/

So if she was taken in a blue truck, maybe he got rid of it, has a 2nd vehicle or it was someone else's vehicle?

I knew there had to be a white vehicle somewhere in this case, there always is :facepalm:

Hernandez says the man drove her away from Conway on October 9, 2013, between 2:20 and 3:00 pm. At the time, the man was driving a navy blue pick-up truck. Abigail described the man as having darkish skin, dark brown eyes, black stubble facial hair, and a large build, who was slightly overweight and slightly taller than she was (5’4”).

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/07/24/sketch-released-in-abby-hernandez-case/

I think the sketch may have been skewed so that NK wouldn't be spooked. He could have been promised that AH wouldn't give his identity but that doesn't mean she has to keep that promise. He could have seen the sketch and thought that he got away with his crime and then ZAP. :D

Sorry I should clarify what I meant in my last post about the sketch and subsequent arrest. I didn't mean to imply there was only one guy involved, what I meant was that some people are questioning how the sketch led to this guy's arrest since there are a number of differences. That's why I suggested that some other info. led to this guy's arrest. Hope that makes sense now.

A couple more articles ..
this one speaks to the truck issue and also has some interesting things to say about a possible tunnel. *however* it's from the uk Daily Mail, and who knows how reputable they are, but there are some interesting photos from the scene about bio-hazard waste containers.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2711263/Investigators-dismantle-shipping-container-man-allegedly-kept-Abby-Hernandez-15-nine-months-remove-evidence-boxes-marked-Bio-hazard.html

WMUR I guess aired an interview tonight with JC, the dad of Abby's old boyfriend, and this is an article from the site. He says Abby and his son spoke on the phone last night.

http://www.wmur.com/news/returned-girl-reaches-out-to-friends/27233544#!brnAvp

Thank you, this is very useful.

Does anyone else find it ODD that neighbors not only know when he bought the container, but WHO he bought the container for and WHAT was inside the container???

But NO ONE saw a strange girl on the property for 9 mos???

Even more mystery!!

This does sound odd...

However... Neighbors may have gotten the information regarding motorcycle, bought shed, etc. from the ex-girlfriend when she lived there?

:waitasec:

:welcome: Weaslesleuth!

Interesting points made in your first post!

:thumb:

So Abby contacted her bf and as predicted his father ran right out to tell the press about it. SMH. and then proceeded to say that everyone should just now leave her alone. SMH and then went on to give his impressions of her at the court hearing. :banghead:

http://www.wmur.com/news/returned-girl-reaches-out-to-friends/27233544#!broM1z

I am glad J is no longer suffering and I am glad that he feels reassured but honestly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member