GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know what SS thinks happened. He has to have an opinion.

None of this makes any sense!
Why kill an elderly couple who seemed to live a quiet life?
Why them and not another couple?
Nothing missing from their house that we know of?
Why behead RD after killing him?
Why was SD put into the lake far away from her house?
Was she weighed down in hopes no one would find her? Were any concrete blocks, heavy stones or ropes found with her?
If the killer was worried about DNR checking him, why would he take the chance of transporting her alive or dead to the disposal site? The same with RD's head?

Great questions!

IF someone was owed something from the Dermonds, and IF the murders were a message to pay up, I would think that at some point there would be a paper trail or electronic trail somewhere.

Hey Watcher9

Im Sure When We Or IF We Ever Find Out, Itll Make Sense, wont Make It
Right however

Money Bad Bs Deal
Bad Bs Deal Or partner, Btsctr Mentioned
Friday Comp Used Maybe For Transfer As Btsctr mentioned, Maybe RD BlockeD Or Flagged It, Or Maybe if RD didnt Have Online Access,Perp Didnt Believe him, They LoggeD in To prove It, PERP found out
After all that Fiasco, They had To kill him
Maybe The perps took Her to Ensure Whatever Transaction The Perps Had In Mind Went Through, contRolling Him
So Then BeheadinG From pure Rage
OR The Perps Had Her On Boat And Demanded The Same From Her And threatened TO Behead Him, She Couldnt Comply, So They Followed Thru , From pure Rage
Hit Her And Dumped, Wasnt Going To Risk Her Telling Or GoiNg back To house To Dump Her Body
still trying to understand or figure out who the person Was that Was Seen on the property Saturday was

Was she weighed down in hopes no one would find her? Were any concrete blocks, heavy stones or ropes found with her?
If the killer was worried about DNR checking him, why would he take the chance of transporting her alive or dead to the disposal site? The same with RD's head?

Alsi Explains Drop Phone, communication between the two pErps, one at the house and one on the boat with Shirley

they couldn't hold her hostage at the end up theIr Dock,. They had to take her away to a more isolated area

not sure if I am correct in mentioning a drop phone seems like there was but if so maybe that Might explains the person or the man in the yard on Saturday maybe he thought he dropped iT, literally, in the yard

Hey Watcher9

Im Sure When We Or IF We Ever Find Out, Itll Make Sense, wont Make It
Right however

Money Bad Bs Deal
Bad Bs Deal Or partner, Btsctr Mentioned
Friday Comp Used Maybe For Transfer As Btsctr mentioned, Maybe RD BlockeD Or Flagged It, Or Maybe if RD didnt Have Online Access,Perp Didnt Believe him, They LoggeD in To prove It, PERP found out
After all that Fiasco, They had To kill him
Maybe The perps took Her to Ensure Whatever Transaction The Perps Had In Mind Went Through, contRolling Him
So Then BeheadinG From pure Rage
OR The Perps Had Her On Boat And Demanded The Same From Her And threatened TO Behead Him, She Couldnt Comply, So They Followed Thru , From pure Rage
Hit Her And Dumped, Wasnt Going To Risk Her Telling Or GoiNg back To house To Dump Her Body
still trying to understand or figure out who the person Was that Was Seen on the property Saturday was

<BBM for Focus>
RE: Was she weighed down in hopes no one would find her? Were any concrete blocks, heavy stones or ropes found with her?

IMO, SS made some statements that indicated the perp/s not wanting Mrs D's remains to be located. Imo, this would indicate that she was anchored down in the lake. Imo, the rope(?) broke or the anchor mechanism wasn't heavy enough to keep Mrs D's body submerged once bloating occurred, or both...

RE:
If the killer was worried about DNR checking him, why would he take the chance of transporting her alive or dead to the disposal site?
The same with RD's head?

Two different questions, imo tomkat;

1. A deceased hostage is not a very good plan B negotiating tool for the perp/s.. In past cases that I have researched, the hostage was threatened that if they alerted others, both the hostage and the person/s alerted would be murdered..

The same with RD's head?

2. Rd's head was likely retained by the perp/s as a souvenir, as proof of the completion of their evil deed, as a tool for future taunting, or a combination of the three scenarios, imo. Since all indicators point to a very well planned and executed crime by organized perp/s, imo it would be logical to conclude that the perp/s kill kit included something to transport, and quickly dispose of Mr D's decapitated head, should the need arise. Imo, the post mortem beheading was not an impulsive act....

not sure if I am correct in mentioning a drop phone seems like there was but if so maybe that Might explains the person or the man in the yard on Saturday maybe he thought he dropped iT, literally, in the yard

Possibly tomkat, imo, the man witnessed in the yard may have been a look out... If known, I would like to know more about the actions, <modsnip>

Yes that Makes Sense, But Then That Would Mean It All Went Down On Ssaturday, IAlways Fekt It Was Friday, But That Does Make Sense, Risky Tho, Either Way, the Whoke Thing Actually, If In The daytime Especially but Many Think It Was saturday It All Ocxurred, iirc
T
that Would also Mean 3 Perps And I Think SS Mentiined Maybe More Than 2

God Wish The Neighbor Could Remember More, Er, Rather, Something M

<modsnip> The Clothes, A Boat, What He Was Doing, Haircolor, Anything

Maybe Hypnotism Would Help !!!

Possibly tomkat, imo, the man witnessed in the yard may have been a look out... If known, I would like to know more about the actions, and the race of the man witnessed in the Dermond's yard by the neighbor..

Niw I Remember, YOu Caused Me To RememberA Fleeting Thoight I Had

Yes, Or A Message To The Family In ThE case The Knew Something

About This Businesa Person TheD's May Have been Involved With <BBM for Focus>

IMO, SS made some statements that indicated the perp/s not wanting Mrs D's remains to be located. Imo, this would indicate that she was anchored down in the lake. Imo, the rope(?) broke or the anchor mechanism wasn't heavy enough to keep Mrs D's body submerged once bloating occurred, or both...

RE:
Two different questions, imo tomkat;

1. A deceased hostage is not a very good plan B negotiating tool for the perp/s.. In past cases that I have researched, the hostage was threatened that if they alerted others, both the hostage and the person/s alerted would be murdered..

2. Rd's head was likely retained by the perp/s as a souvenir, as proof of the completion of their evil deed, as a tool for future taunting, or a combination of the three scenarios, imo. Since all indicators point to a very well planned and executed crime by organized perp/s, imo it would be logical to conclude that the perp/s kill kit included something to transport, and quickly dispose of Mr D's decapitated head, should the need arise. Imo, the post mortem beheading was not an impulsive act....

It is disappointing that this case isn't solved yet. But for a major case as this is, isn't a three month window an awfully short period to have solved it in?

It goes to show that this crime was planned and carried out with expertise. Remember the FBI worked on solving it too.

Personally, I think it will take a lot of researching the past to solve this. LE has kept everything close to the vest. It's obvious someone was disgruntled with the Dermonds, probably the mister in his business dealings. Keep digging SS, you must solve it for this family!

MOD NOTE: Broken quotes are becoming a problem in this thread. A quoted post must begin and end with a pair of "quote" tags like so ("e" purposely omitted in this example):

[quot_] = begin quote

[/quot_] = end quote

If the tags don't copy over properly, a member only has to type in the missing portion to straighten it out.

Broken quotes disrupt the flow of the discussion, especially when repeated over and over again. Before you know it, some member is angry because another member's post is mistakenly attributed to him/her. Repairing broken quotes is time consuming for moderators, and can be a major headache when several posts are involved. Therefore, if the problem persists in this thread, posts with broken quotes will be removed.

Thanks!

I Will Correct It, On My Phone Today Instead Of Laptop, Not As Easy TO post
MOD NOTE: Broken quotes are becoming a problem in this thread. A quoted post must begin and end with a pair of "quote" tags like so ("e" purposely omitted in this example):

[quot_] = begin quote

[/quot_] = end quote

If the tags don't copy over properly, a member only has to type in the missing portion to straighten it out.

Broken quotes disrupt the flow of the discussion, especially when repeated over and over again. Before you know it, some member is angry because another member's post is mistakenly attributed to him/her. Repairing broken quotes is time consuming for moderators, and can be a major headache when several posts are involved. Therefore, if the problem persists in this thread, posts with broken quotes will be removed.

Thanks!

I believe the head was taken as a message. Mrs. Dermond's "disappearance" only made that message more...fearsome and urgent. If Mr.D's head was taken as a trophy, then why not take Mrs. D's too?

Contrary to popular belief, I feel some "care" was taken not to have the Dermond's suffer. For example, Mrs. D. had not been sexually molested. She was hit once on the back of the head. She was put in the water after she was dead.

I believe the coroner said Mr. D. was beheaded after death because of lack of blood.

The perps imo, weren't looking to terrorize the couple. Only to send a message.

Also, the Dermonds were an easier mark than say, those the perps were sending a message to. Both were eldery and they both had lived, good, full lifes.
In other words....easily expendable.

I think that something went really south. I don't see this as planned and meticulously carried out like most people do. I remember SS saying the head was taken to (most likely) hide evidence and that someone came on their property that thought this couple had something. We don't know that Mrs. D was taken alive or if she was hit in the head on the lake; I would think this part would have been a plan thought up at the moment after the crime had taken place but not sure why. Actually, not sure of anything, and just thinking out loud for the sake of checking in. I am not sure I see some old business deal Mr. D had back in the day, either. A hit seems like a stretch to me, too, or the killers would have been in and out IMO. I think there may have been 2 guys. And, I hate to say this, but I think the head was taken for a trophy. From what LO has told us, the locals think it was a hit, but what anger would a stranger have to do this horrific crime? Ok, babbling now...sorry, but this is the last thing I think about before I call it a day.

I believe the head was taken as a message. Mrs. Dermond's "disappearance" only made that message more...fearsome and urgent. If Mr.D's head was taken as a trophy, then why not take Mrs. D's too?

Contrary to popular belief, I feel some "care" was taken not to have the Dermond's suffer. For example, Mrs. D. had not been sexually molested. She was hit once on the back of the head. She was put in the water after she was dead.

I believe the coroner said Mr. D. was beheaded after death because of lack of blood.

The perps imo, weren't looking to terrorize the couple. Only to send a message.

Also, the Dermonds were an easier mark than say, those the perps were sending a message to. Both were eldery and they both had lived, good, full lifes.
In other words....easily expendable.

Well, there's no reason to think that Mr. D's head was taken as a trophy. It could have been taken as a way to avoid revealing ballistic (or other) evidence. In fact, I think that the trophy theory is highly unlikely; I think that beheadings for the purpose of keeping a trophy are extremely rare.

Likewise, I don't read anything into Mrs. D's not having been sexually violated. It would be a very uncommon crime to have a couple of elderly folks murdered and a sexual assault committed. Not that it doesn't happen, but it would be very, very unusual, and it would suggest that the sexual assault was the purpose for the crime, rather than some narrative that included taking Mr. D's head as a trophy.

I think that the theory of a theft has been largely overlooked here, perhaps because it isn't as intriguing as something involving decapitation for a trophy, or 'sending a message'. Usually when there is a crime committed to send a message, there is actually a message sent -- that is, someone will let someone else (say, LE or some interested party) know that the murder was committed for this or that reason. Murders to send a message are basically terrorism, and terrorists claim responsibility, as that is, bottom line, what they are about: letting people know that they are to be afraid of this person/group or that.

One theory is that the decapition of the head was in itself a message. No one would need to taken credit for such an act if they felt assured the act itself would be a very obvious...and loud message.

One theory is that the decapition of the head was in itself a message. No one would need to taken credit for such an act if they felt assured the act itself would be a very obvious...and loud message.

Ok, well, since it is such an unusual assumption, what is the basis for thinking it was done as a message? To whom was the message sent? And why? Or is it just a huge assumption that is based on nothing at all, other than a response to how horrific a decapitation is? I must say, though it is unusual, there are more decapitations than one might guess, but I have yet to see one in North America that was performed as a message without any person or group taking credit -- but perhaps you know about such cases and would be willing to educate us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk