Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is referring to the white part near the window of the green truck caught on CCTV camera. One theory is that the white part is the reflection of sun/light(?). Something tells me that wasn't your question...

No, the 8.86 degree angle of the shadow from the headlights, street lamp, or sun cast somewhere on the road.

Since we are talking about cults now, in one of my nights of sleuthing I remember reading about Airdrie and there was a common theme that there are a lot of culty-backwoods-wiccan type of groups that meet up in the woods and do spells or whatever else they do.

Then I read a story about 10 years ago or so there were like 10 suicides within a 6 months span, in Airdrie, and they were all linked to this cult.

Strangely they were all found with the Goo Goo Doll's son Iris playing in the room. Do any locals know what I am talking about or is is some urban myth?

The sites I found this info on are questionable.
I can comment on the suicides, this took place well over 10 years ago. If my memory serves me well it was in 1999. There is a Catholic school here St Martin De Porres, and 4 students commited suicide from that school. People speculated it was a cult however it was more of a chain reaction. Youth can sometimes glorify death and when one does it, they see the attention and follow in suite....cluster suicides. The only Goo Goo Doll reference I remember is one of the people who committed suicide was reportedly listening to a song from goo goo dolls on a walkman while walking down the train tracks and was hit. Our school was placed on suicide watch and each and every student had mandatory counseling sessions. My parents were worried as well and talked in depth to myself and teenaged sisters at the time. However I would like to stand up for my beautiful city at this point. I have lived in Airdrie for 28 years. I have never lived anywhere else. Cults are not running rampant I assure you all. Yes like any city...we have folks of many backgrounds and religious or non relgious followings. But cults are not huge and crazy here. As for the whickens sp* chilling in the woods...could be...but it would really make it no different then any other city lol. Its had grown a lot here over the past 12 years. However sense of community is still strong and truly our biggest problems are gang activity trickling in because of our proximity to the big city and with soo much new development its a wonderful cooklab set up or grow op. Oppertunity. My heart broke a little with your post and I felt like I needed to defend my home town. ;)
Since we are talking about cults now, in one of my nights of sleuthing I remember reading about Airdrie and there was a common theme that there are a lot of culty-backwoods-wiccan type of groups that meet up in the woods and do spells or whatever else they do.

Then I read a story about 10 years ago or so there were like 10 suicides within a 6 months span, in Airdrie, and they were all linked to this cult.

Strangely they were all found with the Goo Goo Doll's son Iris playing in the room. Do any locals know what I am talking about or is is some urban myth?

The sites I found this info on are questionable.

Was wondering if anyone has seen this photo yet of LE at the farm? I had not previously. I see another vehicle that was searched.

article-2682049-1F6C778700000578-846_634x347.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2682911/Relative-missing-five-year-old-Canadian-boy-grandparents-taken-questioning-disappearance.html
right of the cylinder tank in photo there is what appears to be a plastic sheet on the ground with items on it similar to what LE did at the house on the farm. A method of collecting evidence and/or items of interest on a plastic sheet.

I think some reporters took some liberties in quoting the police ... it was described as a "violent incident", but that usually involve homicide or attempted homicide (in this context).

Having just watched the press release yesterday, I can say with certainty that Andrus first said "violent crime" and then later called it a violent incident. He was asked if things were "tossed about" and he refused to answer. He did not deny that there was blood and said they were "examining evidence to determine the exact nature and extent of the crime as well as who the potential victims are." I took notes.

In doing some research on photos and kijiji ads that were posted, I came upon a link of a leather couch that was for sale on kijiji from AL and KL's estate sale however it is linked to ebay. I have no experience with ebay but maybe some else does. Was wondering if KL and AL were advertising their household items on ebay. Can anyone check?

Here is the photo link and I recognize it from the kijiji ads.
$_35.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTk4WDgwMA==/z/IKAAAOSwoQ1TmJZJ/$_35.JPG

kijiji ad of same photo
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-furniture-lot/calgary/moving-estate-sale/601673918

otto I found this photo of the Parkhill home with different views of the back of the home of which I had not seen before.
http://i0.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca/videostatic/55/447/GC140701_Noon_Jenna.jpg?w=670
There appears to be very large windows and/or patio door on the back area of the home. Possible alternate entry points that WS was not aware of before.
I always wondered about this kijiji ad and where in the home the room and furniture were. I can see that it is very likely the photos above correspond with the kijiji ad photo.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-furniture-lot/calgary/moving-estate-sale/601673918

Was wondering if anyone has seen this photo yet of LE at the farm? I had not previously. I see another vehicle that was searched.

View attachment 56054
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2682911/Relative-missing-five-year-old-Canadian-boy-grandparents-taken-questioning-disappearance.html
right of the cylinder tank in photo there is what appears to be a plastic sheet on the ground with items on it similar to what LE did at the house on the farm. A method of collecting evidence and/or items of interest on a plastic sheet.

I think that may be an LE vehicle. Not 100% sure though.

What is a purple gas? What is it used for?

Purple gas is also known as "marked' gas. It is regular gasoline or diesel to which an additive has been added to give it a mauve colour. It is meant to be used only in off road farm vehicles and heavy equipment. You are not supposed to drive a vehicle powered by marked fuel on government/provincial roads It is less expensive, by approx. 10 cents/litre, than regular fuel as there is no road tax on it. (Hence the temptation to use it as regular fuel) Many/most farms have a large purple gas tank for the explicit purpose of use in farm vehicles only. You are only allowed to run purple gas in a vehicle (car or truck or SUV, etc. if it has a 'farm' license plate/insurance. If you are caught with marked gas in your daily driver you are subject to a fine by the LE.
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/general/progserv.nsf/all/pgmsrv9

Not sure if this particular image has been posted. I have seen similar but this one has a distinct pattern that I had not seen before. Sorry if already posted.
View attachment 56057
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000Ji_oQh8gTgY/s/600/480/QMI-CS2014701DM040-original.jpg
Further to post. In my view, it looks like a garbage bag has been dragged leaving a liquid trail markings. I have done myself innocently when a garbage bag was too heavy for me to carry and I dragged it and it had some liquid in it leaving an uneven trail like this imo.

Not sure if this particular image has been posted. I have seen similar but this one has a distinct pattern that I had not seen before. Sorry if already posted.
View attachment 56057
http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000Ji_oQh8gTgY/s/600/480/QMI-CS2014701DM040-original.jpg
In this photo, it looks more like something was dripping rather than dragged. Drips aren't straight - Imagine carrying a leaking garbage bag... the pattern it leaves wouldn't be straight, but rather twisty.

Further to post. In my view, it looks like a garbage bag has been dragged leaving a liquid trail markings. I have done the same when a garbage bag was too heavy for me to carry and I dragged it. The seam on the garbage bag that has liquid, leaves a mark like this imo.
We must have posted at the same time. My thoughts exactly.

In this photo, it looks more like something was dripping rather than dragged. Drips aren't straight - Imagine carrying a leaking garbage bag... the pattern it leaves wouldn't be straight, but rather twisty.
We were thinking at the same moment...lol but I have dragged a bag and the seam would look like this as well. I can see your point as well for sure.

We were thinking at the same moment...lol but I have dragged a bag and the seam would look like this as well. I can see your point as well for sure.
I can't recreate it right now, but perhaps someone can fill a bag with water with a few small holes and see what type of patterns dragging and carrying will make.

It certainly supports my gruesome theory that the bodies were removed in parts and bagged.

Or, it looks like there was dark liquid in the centre which was hosed down and diluted with water and on drying, the diluted liquid formed the wavy irregular pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member