GUILTY NH - AH, 14, North Conway, 9 October 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw ES posing in a photo similar to the one posted of AH on the previous page\

I see absolutely nothing wrong with the newspaper cover. It's not exploitative, it's not sexual. It shows me a strong teenager. I can't even guess what bothers you about it.

I'll preface this by saying, you can look at every one of my posts since day one, and there'll be no mistaking what I do, what I stand for, and how I feel about this case. However, I'm sure this will go against popular opinion.

I understand where some of you are at w/ the rah-rah, "hold your head high", "survivor" feelings. AH won this battle (she's alive and apparently healthy). Those who've put their heart, soul, feelings, and emotion into this over the past 9 months feel this is, in a way, a "victory" for themselves as well.

IMO, this recent surge of "over-doing-it" w/ the media, has potential to (in a 'round about fashion) make a difference in whether NK gets sentenced to 7 (or less) or a much greater number of years. Every word, action, expression, etc. is observed and documented. The media is only concerned about what publishing that which will attract attention/revenue to THEMSELVES. This cheerleading campaign has absolutely nothing to do w/ looking out for the victim. In fact, IMO, I see a lot of media outlets choosing wording & phrasing that absolutely is looking to evoke "mixed thoughts" and even teetering on the line of causing controversy. Even if it's as subtle as can be. (This can be seen by reading these media comment sections). There's a reason the LARGE majority has completely different feelings about things than we do here. When the numbers are that large, you can no longer just say "there's a bunch of insensitive people out there". IMO, Somebody needs to tell the family to shut it down. This could turn into a Defense field day. We don't know the contents of AH's statements to LE. The last thing we want to have happen is the Defense finding one statement or word documented by media that they can try to use as an inconsistency to any statements given to LE.

At this point (through LE & media release), we can only determine that NK's arrest was a direct result of AH's statements to LE. We need to hope that forensics corroborates these statements, and also provides enough evidence to bang NK w/ as many charges as possible.

MOO, fall back while LE does their thing, the "celebrate" later. Right now, we only have (1) Class B felony charge on an ALLEGED kidnap. Yes, AH is alive, home, and safe, but now, we need to focus on a conviction.

J Block, I agree with you. I'm also afraid that it might be a bit much too soon. Horse therapy I can totally agree with. Private time with them to forget all, or to have that friend that you can confide all in, and it doesn't go any further. Healing for both. However, IMO, Abby could be at a fragile state right now, or a state of shock. She's not been home long, and having to deal with the legal aspects, and if medical issues are there, dealing with those, plus trying to find her way back into 'normal'.

I've worked as a nurse at nursing homes, and nothing about that job would prepare a parent on how to deal with this situation. NOTHING.

I'm all for reaching out to others that have been through similar situations, and working with professionals. Pick the pieces up, and start mending. I just don't know that public appearances, etc will help in that aspect. Honestly, I doubt Abby or her parents or sister will remember making such decisions in a few months. I doubt they'll have a clue how they survived the 9 months, nor the emotions of Abby's return.

I'm not judging decisions made either. I've never been in their situation, and pray I never am. I do have concerns, but whether my concerns are valid or not, I guess time will tell.

Thanks is not enough J Block.

Time to fall back and chill.

No, I don't...nor do you. If she knows in her heart it is what she needs to do and does it...well I'm going to say it is the right thing. Because the right thing to do only matters in Abby's heart and that is the key to being a survivor. Nobody should stop her from doing something she feels she needs to do, certainly not going to thank the people who kept her photo in their paper daily and that when she was allowed to see it, gave her hope knowing her community was looking for her...and likely the wherewithall to keep pushing forward to getting herself released.

Look at Elizabeth and Jaycee...they are empowered and are empowering many. They didn't hold back and nor should Abby or any survivor for fear of the morons out there! NOBODY!

MOO. (With a BAWK BAWk here and a QUACK QUACK there, here a NEIGH there a NEIGH..... Yes, I've lost my mind, but believe wholeheartedly in my opinion above)

Nicely stated but honestly you can't lose what you never had.

:pillowfight2:

Because they will chew her up and spit her out. They could give a crap about her. They just want to sell paper or magazines or get hits on their website.

Yes, I was hoping you would say, that because she made a bold presence in the beginning, that this thing is only starting and now is the time to hang back and let the system do it's thing. Her first appearances say a lot about how this case will go. Showing up in court and defiant looks go a long way toward dispelling the rumors IMO. She didn't do this - I have said all along.

But after the 8/12 court date it will be time for Abby to get to school, for the public to butt out and for people to get on with their lives.

I think she has done a great job.

My Cow

I have no doubt in my tiny mind that Nat Kibby watched this thread from day one and maybe even posted here, though I doubt that. But what IS important is that Abby and her family get some healing time out of the spotlight.
So I am outie for now. Love you all and I hope to see a Kibby thread in the future where we can Sleuth the HECK out of NEK!

Yes, I was hoping you would say, that because she made a bold presence in the beginning, that this thing is only starting and now is the time to hang back and let the system do it's thing. Her first appearances say a lot about how this case will go. Showing up in court and defiant looks go a long way toward dispelling the rumors IMO. She didn't do this - I have said all along.

But after the 8/12 court date it will be time for Abby to get to school, for the public to butt out and for people to get on with their lives.

I think she has done a great job.

My Cow

LOL at My Cow

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I believe Abby feels she owes the Conway Daily paper a tremendous thank you for keeping her face/story in that paper! I also believe that the more she does to express her feelings, being a teenager and all, will help her heal! I don't know her personally, but seems she was an extravert. I am assuming being held against one's will would reverse that personality trait, over time and become much more intraverted. If she were just to write all her feelings down in a diary or journal, which I am sure is a healing process too, wouldn't help pay respect to the public, which she feels fueled her hope for survival. So, I totally see why she is on the cover of the Conway Daily and love that t-shirt she is wearing! C.S.I. "Can't Stand Idiots!". How perfect and empowering it is! I think there are a lot of girls/women who are dealing with domestic violence issues right now and can and will look up to Abby for this fierce come back she is making. God is awesome! All of this is my opinion only, of course!

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20140803/NEWS03/140809806

Late Saturday morning, crime tape was still up around Kibby's unit in the Gateway Trailer Park while representatives of several agencies, among them the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit, searched the area.

Last Monday, law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, arrested Kibby and began to search his property. They were still there Saturday, even though Gorham Police Chief PJ Cyr said they had been expected to be done by Friday.

(snipped)

But at Kibby's arraignment, Senior Associate Attorney General Jane Young offered no basis for Kibby being charged with Class B felony kidnapping, which upon conviction carries a prison term of between 3½ and seven years in prison. The charge against Kibby can be upgraded or amended and new charges added depending on what investigators find.

(snipped)

Mark Fischler, the chairman of the Criminal Justice Department at Plymouth State University and a former criminal defense attorney with the state Public Defender Office, said the Kibby case is being watched by court observers because it is unique in terms of the circumstances as well as the high bail.

When I saw the article in the paper I thought how great it was that the days missing in the newspaper gave her hope during her ordeal, and helped her through it. Sometimes though little things have such a larger meaning in ways no one can comprehend, and I'll doubt the editor of the paper ever envisioned how important that space in the paper would become. So stopping in to say "thank you" is a wonderful gesture. Naturally enough since it is a media outlet, it became a photo op. If it stops there, I have no problem with it. However, let's hope that no one (ie the defence) sees her "out and about" and thinks to portray this as "she has not suffered too badly" and that NK was not so bad after all.........

A lot of the comments are a perfect illustration of what is "not acceptable" in our society. This blaming of a victim or survivor has resulted in much being swept under the rug in the past and perps have continued to victimize others that have gone unprosecuted. IMO, Abby is sending a clear message to this creep that he didn't win, he couldn't break her. She is holding her head high. Her strength and courage are amazing. IMO, she knows what will be revealed eventually and those that have been victim blaming are looking/will look like idiots. She is sending a message.

It is not appropriate or acceptable for the defense to some how try and use the fact that she is showing strength and not cowering under the covers as some kind of argument in court. Little by little more and more information is coming out about this creepy perp. There will be much more to come in the future. The law is what it is and there is no defense for a 30 something perp that has preyed on a 14 year old child. There is good reason why these details are sealed at this time. The negative commenters clearly need a education.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/cop-man-accused-in-teens-kidnap-loves-conflict/27287578#!buyGkJ

Perley said his most recent dealing with Kibby was over a summons for running a red light.
"He thought he should be entitled to (run the light) because he went to work at such early hours," Perley said.
"He was smart, but he was also brutally myopic in whatever view he had," Perley said. "You could not shake him or redirect him in the way he saw the world."

(snipped)

Although he lived in Gorham for a while, he returned to Conway to work as a machinist at two gun makers - Green Mountain Rifle Barrel Co. and E.M.M. Precision. Various news outlets have reported he was laid off this year for economic reasons.

(snipped)

"You're always hoping it's some stranger and that evil doesn't live in your midst," Perley said. "Certainly nothing he'd ever done would lead you to believe this is what he would do. If it is true, the depravity of the man knows no limits."

A lot of the comments are a perfect illustration of what is "not acceptable" in our society. This blaming of a victim or survivor has resulted in much being swept under the rug in the past and perps have continued to victimize others that have gone unprosecuted. IMO, Abby is sending a clear message to this creep that he didn't win, he couldn't break her. She is holding her head high. Her strength and courage are amazing. IMO, she knows what will be revealed eventually and those that have been victim blaming are looking/will look like idiots. She is sending a message.

It is not appropriate or acceptable for the defense to some how try and use the fact that she is showing strength and not cowering under the covers as some kind of argument in court. Little by little more and more information is coming out about this creepy perp. There will be much more to come in the future. The law is what it is and there is no defense for a 30 something perp that has preyed on a 14 year old child. There is good reason why these details are sealed at this time. The negative commenters clearly need a education.

Yes. The law IS what it is, and there's plenty of defense. Everyone gets their chance in court. The commenters might need an education, but just as many other people need to think w/ their brain & not their heart. Bottom line - don't feed into the media, don't give the defense any help. 9 days until we see what the DA is taking to trial. Patience.

People make me so mad. First there are complaints that no one is talking. Now that Abby has made an appearance people are complaining about that. While I agree that nothing about the case should be discussed, Abby has every right to be out in the public without judgement. NONE! After it has gone to trial it is up to Abby to do and say what she chooses. She needs to heal on her time.

Kibby has a lengthy criminal record, including several assaults. Particularly disturbing, Perley said, was an arrest in March when Kibby was charged with criminal trespass and assault after following a Conway woman to her home after a minor car accident. Police said he pushed her to the ground in her driveway after she ordered him to stop taking pictures of her car.

"I remember thinking that was so over the top," Perley said. "You don't go to their home and get into a chest-bumping situation, especially with a woman."

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...er-thrives-on-conflict-very-opinionated-says/

Kibby has a lengthy criminal record, including several assaults. Particularly disturbing, Perley said, was an arrest in March when Kibby was charged with criminal trespass and assault after following a Conway woman to her home after a minor car accident. Police said he pushed her to the ground in her driveway after she ordered him to stop taking pictures of her car.

"I remember thinking that was so over the top," Perley said. "You don't go to their home and get into a chest-bumping situation, especially with a woman."

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...er-thrives-on-conflict-very-opinionated-says/

BBM

This is what's frustrating about depending on media for facts in a case. Seems the facts are pretty fluid. This source (and at least one other) says only one assault in his record:
"Court documents show Kibby has convictions on four trespassing counts, simple assault, providing false information to obtain a firearm and two counts each of receiving stolen property and resisting arrest."
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/08/...pect-has-long-history-with-conway-nh-police/1

Guess any solid facts will have to wait until trial.

Abby needs to do what is best for Abby. Some people find it empowering to talk to the media. Some consider it a big middle finger to the perp. I'm trusting that she is surrounded by nurses, doctors and mental health care professionals that are keeping things in check.

Rock on, Abby, you're a trooper and a survivor.

It is maddening and saddening that some in present day society feel that it is acceptable to target a 15 year old girl. For her ex boyfriend's dad to go to media and try to put the spotlight on himself is disgusting. Anyone who is doing a Master's Thesis or a Doctoral study in Sociology what be wise to examine this case and the social reaction to it.

People make me so mad. First there are complaints that no one is talking. Now that Abby has made an appearance people are complaining about that. While I agree that nothing about the case should be discussed, Abby has every right to be out in the public without judgement. NONE! After it has gone to trial it is up to Abby to do and say what she chooses. She needs to heal on her time.
I'm not sure where you are directing this post, but I have not seen judgmental comments in this thread. What I have seen is a difference of opinion about what is in AH's best interest -- heavy emphasis on "best interest", and a spirit of caring and concern.

If anyone believes a particular post is inappropriate, please alert on the post, or send a link to a mod in a pm.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member