TX TX - Joanna Rogers, 16, Lubbock, 4 May 2004

Joanna Rogers

joanna_first_pix.jpg

White, female, 16 years old, 5' 5", 120 pounds, red hair, hazel eyes, generous mouth, aristocratic nose, athletic carriage, out-going manner, pierced navel. Disappeared: May 4, 2004 from her home during the night. She lives in Lubbock, Texas and is a student at Lubbock High School, where she is an honor student and a participant in school activities. She is on-course to attend collage with the aid of scholarships and is an employee at the sandwich shop near her home.

didn't get a chance to post yesterday.

May 4th was the 2 year anniversary of Joanna's disappearance.

Still hoping she comes home safely.

KLBK-13 has learned from inside sources that Rosendo Rodriguez III has confessed to killing Lubbock teenager Joanna Rogers.

http://klbk.com/

This is the same guy who cut up Summer Baldwin and dumped her body in a dumpster by my girl's school.

Prayers for Joanna's family. Our hearts go out to you.:blowkiss:

jodieo said:
This is the same guy who cut up Summer Baldwin and dumped her body in a dumpster by my girl's school.

Prayers for Joanna's family. Our hearts go out to you.:blowkiss:

So is he already serving time for killing Summer Baldwin? I don't remember her case. Was it before or after Joanna went missing?

It will be interesting to hear how he got to Joanna, because didn't she go missing from her home in the middle of the night?

My prayers and sorrow are with her family. I pray now they can find her remains and have a funeral for her. So very sad.
:(

They gave more info on the 5 pm news. They said he killed her shortly after she disappeared and also dumped her in the landfill. It's all in the air right now, his confession for Joanna is part of a plea bargain on the Baldwin case to avoid the death penalty. They don't know whether or not they will search the landfill again due to the amount of trash that has been piled in over the last 2 years. IMO I think they should, give Joanna's parents the peace of knowing where she is buried.

Now I wonder if he also had something to do with Jennifer Wilkerson and the other 3 women they found murdered on farm roads.

Oh, my, the landfill. I think they should search it, too. Poor Joanna and God be with her family. What a monster this guy is. It's so frightening how many monsters there are out there. :furious:

Keep us posted, JodieO.

Hugs to you, Kelly. I know how very hard this is for you when there is a bad ending...you feel & do so much for these families. :blowkiss:

So he is a young guy...sounds like he and Joanna had come into contact and were maybe friends, or more...? Do we know how old he is exactly?

they're on with more right now, they haven't updated their websites yet. I'll keep posting with new info as I can.

They said there is evidence that puts Rosendo at Joanna's house the night of her disappearance. They talked to Joanna's mom, it was heartbreaking. More to come at 10

I am so sorry to hear of this terrible tragedy, my condolences to Joanna's grieving family, what a horrible tragedy, just horrible, terrible.

I'm sorry that that ends the hope of Joanna's parents but at least now they know what happened and who did it and they know there will be a trial or a sentencing.

I wonder how many other girls this guy has murdered and thrown in the landfill? If there are any more I hope that he tells LE so that other parents don't continue to go on not knowing what happened to their daughters.

Prayers for Joanna's family. I'm sure that it feels to them like it just happened and now they can truly mourn for her.

How horrible for her family to wait so long and get this terrible result. She was such a beautiful girl.

This is horrible. The Rogers family probably had hope that Joanna was still alive. Rosendo is in his mid twenties I believe and was from San Antonio. He could be involved in other cases there and here in Lubbock. Summer Baldwin was pregnant when murdered and placed into the suitcase and left at the landfill, so it is a shame that the freak couldn't confess but instead plead to get out of a death penalty.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back