GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

Hi there, I've been stalking this page for a while.. MD was my neighbor, but I did not know her personally. We exchanged a friendly hello on occasion in passing, otherwise I did not know her. A couple things you guys have been speculating over here on this site has me baffled too..

I can definitely tell you MD's car was certainly home at the time her body was found that morning of 06/28. How it got there I have no idea, or if it was there the night before, I don't know that either. I didn't pay well enough attention to that when I got home on Friday night.

MD definitely did sunbathe in the front yard, often. I never thought much of it because the area in the back is mostly covered by a thick brush of trees between us and the school yard and it does stay pretty well shaded back there.

As for the neighbor who states she saw MD with SO in the past.. Same neighbor told me this as well, just after she saw the pics of SO online on Saturday. I told her then I thought she might have SO confused with one of MD's other friends bc as far as I knew she hadn't really known SO on a personal level, other than maybe just as a friendly neighbor type thing.
Nice to have you! Were you her next door neighbor? If so, wondering if you were home that fateful night and noticed anything particularly noise from MDs apt?

Nice to have you! Were you her next door neighbor? If so, wondering if you were home that fateful night and noticed anything particularly noise from MDs apt?

Thank you!

I left home early that morning, and didn't return until going on 10 o'clock that night. The only thing I really noticed were her shades were open, but she often left her blinds open in the evenings too, so I didn't think much about that either.

I am not directly next door to her unit, but I know the lady that is. She has a few health issues, and often sleeps during the day. She absolutely was home that day, but did not hear anything, sadly.

emmknits, thank you so much for being so forthcoming with information!! I'm thrilled to have you here! :happydance:

You're giving us very valuable insights into this case :seeya:

Welcome emmknits!

It's so awesome to have a local here. Im very glad you joined!

emmknits, is it easy to hear through the apartment walls? Or are they pretty sound proof?

And if you do hear noises from the neighbours, I'm wondering why no screaming was heard from Maggie, as she obviously put up a fight? Maybe music was playing or something, to cover it.......

emmknits, is it easy to hear through the apartment walls? Or are they pretty sound proof?

And if you do hear noises from the neighbours, I'm wondering why no screaming was heard from Maggie, as she obviously put up a fight? Maybe music was playing or something, to cover it.......

The walls are pretty thin, tho I never hear anything from the units next to me. I do hear the folks that live below me sometimes though, but really only if they are in the same room. For instance, if I'm in the bedroom and they're in the living room then I don't really hear them..

Hi emmknits and welcome! :)

Do you know how long Odom had been living at the complex?. I did read that he moved from Charlotte in 2012 to be closer to his mother but just wondering if he moved in with her in 2012 or not. tia

Hi there, I've been stalking this page for a while.. MD was my neighbor, but I did not know her personally. We exchanged a friendly hello on occasion in passing, otherwise I did not know her. A couple things you guys have been speculating over here on this site has me baffled too..

I can definitely tell you MD's car was certainly home at the time her body was found that morning of 06/28. How it got there I have no idea, or if it was there the night before, I don't know that either. I didn't pay well enough attention to that when I got home on Friday night.

MD definitely did sunbathe in the front yard, often. I never thought much of it because the area in the back is mostly covered by a thick brush of trees between us and the school yard and it does stay pretty well shaded back there.

As for the neighbor who states she saw MD with SO in the past.. Same neighbor told me this as well, just after she saw the pics of SO online on Saturday. I told her then I thought she might have SO confused with one of MD's other friends bc as far as I knew she hadn't really known SO on a personal level, other than maybe just as a friendly neighbor type thing.
Thank you for your information and welcome to WS!

:welcome5:

Wondering how long it takes for evidence to come back to prove rape...anyone know? We're at 1 month+

Was thinking about something - what if this <modsnip> used picking up/dropping off her car as a ruse to get in her door? Did he get the car before or after the murder? Since folks are saying her car was there that fateful, utterly evil evening, I'm thinking he successfully picked it up prior.

Was thinking about something - what if this douchenozzle used picking up/dropping off her car as a ruse to get in her door? Did he get the car before or after the murder? Since folks are saying her car was there that fateful, utterly evil evening, I'm thinking he successfully picked it up prior.
Would Maggie have given him permission? What kind of reputable repair shop would allow someone other than the owner to pick it up and who would be paying for the work done? That is very scary to think just anyone could pick up one's car!

MOO

Was thinking about something - what if this douchenozzle used picking up/dropping off her car as a ruse to get in her door? Did he get the car before or after the murder? Since folks are saying her car was there that fateful, utterly evil evening, I'm thinking he successfully picked it up prior.

But how? Wouldn't the bill need to be paid before he could take the car?

Articles say that he tried to pick up the car the morning after the murder.

Brown also said the investigation has concluded that Daniels died the night before her body was found

http://www.wncn.com/story/26180462/police-issue-warrant-for-suspect-in-the

They said investigators questioned them about a man who wanted to pick up the vehicle the morning she was found dead.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/weather/investigators-follow-leads-slain-counselor-case/ngZ9G/

Articles say that he tried to pick up the car the morning after the murder.
Seems he was successful based on emmknitter mentioning it was at her apartment when they found her and MSM mentioned where it was parked, and that investigators took it into custody. Surprising that an auto repair shop would release a car to someone other than the owner. Would think they'd be concerned about thievery!

Seems he was successful based on emmknitter mentioning it was at her apartment when they found her and MSM mentioned where it was parked, and that investigators took it into custody. Surprising that an auto repair shop would release a car to someone other than the owner. Would think they'd be concerned about thievery!

If he was allowed to take the car, it sort of makes me wonder if he got some of his car-detailing clients through that auto repair shop, had a current business or personal relationship with them .. perhaps picking up Maggie's car, apparently using their phone ...

If he was allowed to take the car, it sort of makes me wonder if he got some of his car-detailing clients through that auto repair shop, had a current business or personal relationship with them .. perhaps picking up Maggie's car, apparently using their phone ...

Thinking outloud here, speculation on my part but what if he used their phone to "call Maggie" so she could say it was okay to release her car to him? IDK if that happened and I'm not saying it did but it's possible. Also, did he or did he not pick up the car? The article says "attempted" but how does one attempt to pick up another person's car? I am from a very small town back home and got the impression that Newton is pretty similar in that most people know or know of other people in town. Possible like stated above that he said he was going to detail it and said she gave him permission.

The BIG question I have is how he knew her car was there? Was it b/c his van was there and he saw it (if he was stalking her he knew what she drove) I am sure the PD has put together the missing information but it's all a bit cloudy for me now regarding her car/repair shop/his car etc. If her car was home on Friday and she was killed on Friday then he would have no reason to pick it up on Sat unless his criminal mind was trying to establish that he knew her by going there (acting like he didn't know she already picked it up which clearly he did if he killed her while it was in the spot)
which makes me wonder what his intent was with the car all along. Make it look like she disappeared?

It drives me crazy that LE states Maggie and Odom didn't know each other when Twitter says otherwise. I'm sure they didn't know each other well, but enough. Then the whole picking-up-the-car thing is driving me crazy as well. From the articles I read, Odom tried to pick up the car the morning she was found (so after the murder), but according to emmknits and other sources, her car was at the apts when her body was found. Something isn't adding up. Maybe he was successful in getting her car very early that morning. ???

It drives me crazy that LE states Maggie and Odom didn't know each other when Twitter says otherwise. I'm sure they didn't know each other well, but enough. Then the whole picking-up-the-car thing is driving me crazy as well. From the articles I read, Odom tried to pick up the car the morning she was found (so after the murder), but according to emmknits and other sources, her car was at the apts when her body was found. Something isn't adding up. Maybe he was successful in getting her car very early that morning. ???
It is totally confusing to me as well. Also, what is more confusing is WHY he would want her vehicle back at the apartment complex. By not having the vehicle there and giving the appearance she was out, it may have prolonged the discovery of her body...although he also apparently left the door unlocked. So he wanted her body to be found?

:waitasec:

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998