Kyron Horman's general discussion thread for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the son's name change as her (TH) making plans to move her son and possibly get a divorce. I don't see it as something nefarious. Also don't see why she would hurt Kyron if she was getting a divorce. JMO but it doesn't make sense to me.

I don't believe she wanted a divorce. She couldn't get a job as a teacher and had no way to support herself. She wanted to be a widow so she could keep the house, keep the baby, get rid of Kyron and get rid of the hubby. If Kyron were gone before hubby bit the dust, then she would get to keep all the life insurance and all the retirement savings.

I don't believe she wanted a divorce. She couldn't get a job as a teacher and had no way to support herself. She wanted to be a widow so she could keep the house, keep the baby, get rid of Kyron and get rid of the hubby. If Kyron were gone before hubby bit the dust, then she would get to keep all the life insurance and all the retirement savings.

Agree 100%!!!!!
Gives me the shivers. So cold blooded.
Opinion only.

I see the son's name change as her (TH) making plans to move her son and possibly get a divorce. I don't see it as something nefarious. Also don't see why she would hurt Kyron if she was getting a divorce. JMO but it doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think Terri wanted a divorce, either. Have we seen evidence that she'd started proceedings before Kyron went missing? And even if she did want to divorce Kaine, why would that have any bearing on her eldest son's name change from a previous stepfather's last name to Terri's maiden name? It's not as if J ever had Kaine's last name. To me it speaks more of her manipulating each of her family members for her own ends, maneuvering them around to suit herself.

But again, I don't think Terri wanted a divorce. She complained to others about Kaine and Kyron, blamed both of them for problems in her life, tried to get DY to take Kyron back to live with her, and both Kaine and Kyron's lives were threatened and/or taken in the next several months.

Saying that she didn't have to kill Kyron because she was divorcing Kaine doesn't make sense, considering they were not divorcing at the time and anyone who would kill a child isn't doing it for logical, reasonable reasons anyway.

I don't think Terri wanted a divorce, either. Have we seen evidence that she'd started proceedings before Kyron went missing? And even if she did want to divorce Kaine, why would that have any bearing on her eldest son's name change from a previous stepfather's last name to Terri's maiden name? It's not as if J ever had Kaine's last name. To me it speaks more of her manipulating each of her family members for her own ends, maneuvering them around to suit herself.

But again, I don't think Terri wanted a divorce. She complained to others about Kaine and Kyron, blamed both of them for problems in her life, tried to get DY to take Kyron back to live with her, and both Kaine and Kyron's lives were threatened and/or taken in the next several months.

Saying that she didn't have to kill Kyron because she was divorcing Kaine doesn't make sense, considering they were not divorcing at the time and anyone who would kill a child isn't doing it for logical, reasonable reasons anyway.
BBM - You could also file this under Peterson, Scott.

BBM - You could also file this under Peterson, Scott.

Yep. He didn't "have to" kill his pregnant wife either, but simply could have divorced her. It took more work, planning, risk, and probably time from start of planning to execution than a divorce would have. But there you go. Murderers/sociopaths/psychopaths are wired differently.

I don't think killing a child that one has taken care of is the same as Scott Peterson. If she is dumb enough to try to kill Kyron and his father she would be pretty stupid. If she killed Kaine, Kyron would go back to DY. Why kill him? That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think killing a child that one has taken care of is the same as Scott Peterson. If she is dumb enough to try to kill Kyron and his father she would be pretty stupid. If she killed Kaine, Kyron would go back to DY. Why kill him? That doesn't make sense to me.

Because she was an angry, angry, selfish woman. The ultimate form of revenge and punishment is to harm someone's child. Sick, sick, sick woman. OPINION ONLY

Because Kyron would inherit a large portion of the estate that TH wanted to keep for herself. And Desiree would have control of that money.

Last I heard Scott Peterson was a convicted murderer. TH is not. Sorry I don't see a smoking gun. Its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.
I don't believe she wanted to kill Kyron.

Because Kyron would inherit a large portion of the estate that TH wanted to keep for herself. And Desiree would have control of that money.

One problem I see with this as the motive is that Kyron is not legally dead, is he? If eliminating him as Kaine's heir was the motive making him disappear would be much less effective than having the body turn up somewhere. It would take time to have him declared dead even if the parents are willing to have it done and if they're not...

One problem I see with this as the motive is that Kyron is not legally dead, is he? If eliminating him as Kaine's heir was the motive making him disappear would be much less effective than having the body turn up somewhere. It would take time to have him declared dead even if the parents are willing to have it done and if they're not...

Plus, I'm not sure how it works in their state, but I learned in law school that some states will divvy up a certain percentage of the estate to kids, and another percentage to the spouse. So, for example, it could be that 1/3 of the estate goes to the spouse, and 2/3rds to the kids, however many there are. If this is how they do it, TH would receive the same amount, whether or not Kyron was alive.

Scott Peterson killed his wife and unborn baby - does that make sense <modsnip>? More sense than divorce? I mean if you're going to use that as a criteria for assessing guilt, what type of child or spousal murder does "make sense"?

Last I heard Scott Peterson was a convicted murderer. TH is not. Sorry I don't see a smoking gun. Its my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Since no one has been convicted for Kyron's murder or kidnap, does that mean it never happened? Does that mean no one is guilty? Does a conviction make someone a murderer, or does the actual act of murder make someone a murderer? Scott Peterson was a convicted murderer after the body of his wife and baby washed up on the shore of the bay where he dumped them, but he was a murderer from the very second he killed them months before. Sometimes there is a lucky break in the case early, and sometimes the murderer walks around unconvicted for years until that lucky break actually happens.

Why not? Desiree said that TH sent emails that were horrible about Kyron. We do not know to whom she sent them , but I believe the mother of Kyron when she says they were horrible.

And TH was really cruel to Kyron about the behavior he had at school. The punishment was really intense for such a young child, IMHO

TH wanted Desiree to take Kyron. But Kaine would not give him up. So.........

Get rid of Kaine, the kid, and go on her merry way with a nice little stash of cash, Where else was she gong to get money?

Plus, I'm not sure how it works in their state, but I learned in law school that some states will divvy up a certain percentage of the estate to kids, and another percentage to the spouse. So, for example, it could be that 1/3 of the estate goes to the spouse, and 2/3rds to the kids, however many there are. If this is how they do it, TH would receive the same amount, whether or not Kyron was alive.

Those rules are for if someone dies without a will or had a child after the will was executed and the child has a different mother than the spouse, or at least that's how it works in my state. The spouse can also elect to take a certain amount (i.e. the first 100k or something), or gets like an initial 25k plus half. I would imagine that all states would require an estate to pay support to minor children, even if he had left everything to her via a will, so without Kyron's body it wouldn't make sense. But if his dad died without a will, her child's portion would not be separate from hers.

Those rules are for if someone dies without a will or had a child after the will was executed and the child has a different mother than the spouse, or at least that's how it works in my state. The spouse can also elect to take a certain amount (i.e. the first 100k or something), or gets like an initial 25k plus half. I would imagine that all states would require an estate to pay support to minor children, even if he had left everything to her via a will, so without Kyron's body it wouldn't make sense. But if his dad died without a will, her child's portion would not be separate from hers.

Oh good, thanks for the more thorough explanation. I blocked all of that stuff out immediately after the bar, ha.

If Kyron were dead first, then TH and baby would be the only heirs left. TH would control it all instead of Desiree controlling Kyron's portion. Of course she would get more if Kyron were gone.

Scott Peterson killed his wife and unborn baby - does that make sense to you? More sense than divorce? I mean if you're going to use that as a criteria for assessing guilt, what type of child or spousal murder does "make sense"?

Since no one has been convicted for Kyron's murder or kidnap, does that mean it never happened? Does that mean no one is guilty? Does a conviction make someone a murderer, or does the actual act of murder make someone a murderer? Scott Peterson was a convicted murderer after the body of his wife and baby washed up on the shore of the bay where he dumped them, but he was a murderer from the very second he killed them months before. Sometimes there is a lucky break in the case early, and sometimes the murderer walks around unconvicted for years until that lucky break actually happens.

He had a motive....wanted out of the responsibility. I am entitled to an opinion as unpopular as that might be. If LE knows for sure TH did it she'd be in jail. I don't see her as a criminal mastermind. I don't think she personally had enough time to do it. Could she have? Sure. But she'd be a total idiot to try to kill Kaine and Kyron, too. Is she a total idiot? Its possible. But she can't be a criminal mastermind and idiot at the same time. Scott Peterson was an idiot to think he could get by with what he did. A Spouse or family member is the first person looked at in any disappearance or murder and for TH to plan to kill two in the same family would make her a total idiot. Not a criminal mastermind.

He had a motive....wanted out of the responsibility. I am entitled to an opinion as unpopular as that might be. If LE knows for sure TH did it she'd be in jail. I don't see her as a criminal mastermind. I don't think she personally had enough time to do it. Could she have? Sure. But she'd be a total idiot to try to kill Kaine and Kyron, too. Is she a total idiot? Its possible. But she can't be a criminal mastermind and idiot at the same time. Scott Peterson was an idiot to think he could get by with what he did. A Spouse or family member is the first person looked at in any disappearance or murder and for TH to plan to kill two in the same family would make her a total idiot. Not a criminal mastermind.

You are right. She is neither a mastermind or idiot.
She does, however, appear to have some profound, and seemingly criminal personality disorder. Opinion only.

You are right. She is neither a mastermind or idiot.
She does, however, appear to have some profound, and seemingly criminal personality disorder. Opinion only.

She probably does have a personality disorder, her behavior is suggestive of that. I've never thought she is/was a saint. If she did it she will be caught and have to pay. I want justice for Kyron as much as the rest of the posters here. If she did it I think she had to have an accomplice and I don't think DDS is it. I believe a man was involved for reasons I have stated in the past. I believe he did the hands on part of the crime. Was TH involved as well? Possibly. But I want the man found and prosecuted too. This crime (and yes it is one prosecuted or not) is not as simple as TH bumping off her stepson and dumping his body IMO.

She probably does have a personality disorder, her behavior is suggestive of that. I've never thought she is/was a saint. If she did it she will be caught and have to pay. I want justice for Kyron as much as the rest of the posters here. If she did it I think she had to have an accomplice and I don't think DDS is it. I believe a man was involved for reasons I have stated in the past. I believe he did the hands on part of the crime. Was TH involved as well? Possibly. But I want the man found and prosecuted too. This crime (and yes it is one prosecuted or not) is not as simple as TH bumping off her stepson and dumping his body IMO.

Agree. She apparently has a history of hiring, or attempting to hire men to do the actual "labor". They should look at her shadier gym rat connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member