MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the live link from last night that showed the protest as it was happening? The very first one that was posted, with a guy in a truck recording things as they happened???

From http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Dr. Michael Baden said no signs of a struggle were revealed in his autopsy of Brown's body, conducted after an official examination by the St. Louis County Medical Examiner's Office.

And forensics consultant Shawn Parcells, who assisted Baden, said the findings are consistent with witness reports that Brown may have been shot as he walked away and that he was shot again with his hands up.

Why would he have his head down as in charging like a bull if he was walking towards him?

I think you're right in that he will end up being charged for it.

But, not because he SHOULD be. But, because if he isn't, there will be even bigger massacres. I mean, Obama's already in on this...

George Zimmerman received many donations for his defense, and I'm only referencing that insofar as the public scrutiny of the case.

This case has the same, if not more, public attention and outcry. I'll not be surprised to see a defense fund that's funded magnificently. Why? Because those who aren't blinded by unsupported witness claims...those who see the autopsy and realize this is nothing like they claimed...
Those people will donate. If he is charged, I'd expect a stunning defense team. JMO

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

There is no way this guy should be dead in the street on a clear afternoon unless he drew a gun on the cop too. Im sorry. I have a lot of allowances that I can give the officer, But not shooting him and killing him in the middle of the street. Not over cigars. Not because he was running away.

Do you have a link to cite law or is this just your opinion? Just wanting clarification.

There is no way this guy should be dead in the street on a clear afternoon unless he drew a gun on the cop too. Im sorry. I have a lot of allowances that I can give the officer, But not shooting him and killing him in the middle of the street. Not over cigars. Not because he was running away.

I think we need to hear all the facts, not just one side of them, before making strong statements. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that there are those who don't want the facts to come out -- or don't want to face them, because it messes with their agenda.

Seriously? Now the President is "in on this"? ^i^

Why would he have his head down as in charging like a bull if he was walking towards him?

That's your description, no one I heard said he was charging like a bull..only here..

What's been said as he was falling (has abrasions on his face where he hit the ground)..

Listen to the PC yourself, I posted it upthread, it might clear up things that are being said.

Well, I'm sure just the fact of the National Guard (you know, a legitimately militarized force) being called in will serve to quell the looters/rioters such that no curfew will be needed. /sarcasm

I just wish the lawful protestors had the sort of leadership to embrace non-violent resistance in such a way that they could not be conflated with the thugs who bring guns to a protest and like to throw molotov cocktails at the police. :(

That would only take google. We have the man choked to death in NY, We have Jordan Davis. Many believe that GZ got away with murder also. I am not saying that violence is the way to go but I also believe it is a few bad bad apples and not the many many good people who are trying to just protest peacefully and be heard.

I have a friend who just moved her whole family away from Philly because she scared about raising her boys in the city. Her cousin was gunned down last winter in philly.

I am not saying it is right to riot, I am just saying that I am starting to really understand how it must feel.

In this case I believe all the rioting and mess is mostly due to how the police handled this from the beginning. I think if there was more openess from the beginning, It would not have gotten here.

What does ANY of that have to do with THIS case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I have to get busy after this, but I will say this before I go to do my chores....not all the evidence is out, and that could greatly change the things we are debating as of right now. However, what will not change is the fact that you must listen and obey LE, and if you feel they are wrong, there is a way to change that. Violence and aggression towards them will not be that way. Teaching young men to respect the law, or become active proponents in change of it through active participation either in LE directly or through community based activism will. I challenged a ticket I got because the speed limit in the area was set up to simply be a speed trap, and through petition and writing in to several different people, I got the speed limit changed. If I would have got all my friends to join me in a free for all drag race through that area I doubt anything would have changed, except I would have had my friends with me in defensive driving class. We can change the way things are, but we have to change them in a positive, proactive way. Involvement and thoughtful discussion will lead to change, maybe not overnight, but persistence and demanding more of ourselves will get results.

It's gonna be a looooong night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think their next move is to round 'em up and charge them with unlawful assembly. They want it on their arrest record. I don't know how many of these protestors are on public assistance but if they are, the government is not going to allow them to keep biting the hand that feeds them and houses them.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member