OR OR - Stephanie Warner, 43, Ruch, 4 July 2013 - #3

The new searches were in Jackson & Josephine counties according to the news. This is the first time I have heard of "JOSEPHINE" county mentioned in regards to searching for Stephanie. I just googled the distance of the 2 counties and it is 47.3 miles between the 2 and the drive time is 1 hour and 5 minutes with no traffic. According to the map it looks as though this Josephine county is not too far from Grant's Pass. If IRC, didn't someone say something about seeing her in Grant's Pass at the beginning of the search for her?

The new searches were in Jackson & Josephine counties according to the news. This is the first time I have heard of "JOSEPHINE" county mentioned in regards to searching for Stephanie. I just googled the distance of the 2 counties and it is 47.3 miles between the 2 and the drive time is 1 hour and 5 minutes with no traffic. According to the map it looks as though this Josephine county is not too far from Grant's Pass. If IRC, didn't someone say something about seeing her in Grant's Pass at the beginning of the search for her?

You're right that Josephine county hasn't been mentioned before. Jackson and Josephine counties border each other, so the drive time would depend on where you start and end. For example, it takes about 40 minutes from Ashland to Grants Pass on the interstate. Grants Pass is in Josephine county, just over the border from Jackson county. It takes a little over 30 minutes to drive from Ruch to Grants Pass on highway 238, which is the road Stephanie lived on. Here's a map to show the relationship of the two counties. As far as I know, that sighting of Stephanie in Grants Pass that a woman passed on to OUOTP was never verified.

image.jpg

Hi Sasquatch! Good to see you back! Miss You! You right this is great news and hopefully Stephanie will be found and justice served.

Hi Sad Eyes! Thank you! Missed you and everyone too! Thank you and everyone else here for keeping hope alive! Everyone here has a big heart!

Hi Sad Eyes! Thank you! Missed you and everyone too! Thank you and everyone else here for keeping hope alive! Everyone here has a big heart!

I'm just a newcomer to this case, but I can see what heart you all have put into uncovering the truth and bringing justice for Stephanie...

And for what it's worth, in reading up on Stephanie and "bringing her to life" in my own mind and heart, I have to say that you folks who have been doggedly on this case...well, you are the kind of "doers" that Stephanie herself seems to be. I think she would give you a big ole hug.

I hope you realize what special people you are.:juanettes:

I'm just a newcomer to this case, but I can see what heart you all have put into uncovering the truth and bringing justice for Stephanie...

And for what it's worth, in reading up on Stephanie and "bringing her to life" in my own mind and heart, I have to say that you folks who have been doggedly on this case...well, you are the kind of "doers" that Stephanie herself seems to be. I think she would give you a big ole hug.

I hope you realize what special people you are.:juanettes:

No, I have no idea what those "vibrant" (perhaps on the "spaz" side) dancers mean, but I meant it as a compliment! And maybe it's just me, but I think Stephanie would like that icon. :)

No, I have no idea what those "vibrant" (perhaps on the "spaz" side) dancers mean, but I meant it as a compliment! And maybe it's just me, but I think Stephanie would like that icon. :)

Those dancers are the highest possible compliment IMO, Think3. They started their career here at WS as "the Juanettes" during the Jodi Arias trial last year in Phoenix AZ. Juan Martinez has been the brilliant, passionate pit bull prosecutor in that case on behalf of justice for Travis Alexander. He has many fans here at WS, who started calling themselves "the Juanettes." I think the participants on Stephanie's thread have shown similar passion and tenacity on her behalf, so although you didn't know what the dancers symbolized, you picked the perfect image. Thank you!! And yes, I think Stephanie would love those dancers. :D

I only hope that whoever prosecutes Stephanie's killer(s) will bring the same passion to that case that Juan brought to Travis'.

Those dancers are the highest possible compliment IMO, Think3. They started their career here at WS as "the Juanettes" during the Jodi Arias trial last year in Phoenix AZ. Juan Martinez has been the brilliant, passionate pit bull prosecutor in that case on behalf of justice for Travis Alexander. He has many fans here at WS, who started calling themselves "the Juanettes." I think the participants on Stephanie's thread have shown similar passion and tenacity on her behalf, so although you didn't know what the dancers symbolized, you picked the perfect image. Thank you!! And yes, I think Stephanie would love those dancers. :D

I only hope that whoever prosecutes Stephanie's killer(s) will bring the same passion to that case that Juan brought to Travis'.

Amen to that.:ditto:

The body of Erin Corwin has been found 140 feet down a mine shaft southeast of Twentynine Palms, CA. Her former neighbor has been arrested.

According to a search warrant issued in late July, Nicole Lee told a friend that her husband had said Corwin's body would never be found.

Just how investigators found the body in an area of rugged terrain and hundreds of mine shafts remains unclear. Investigators said only that they had developed information from interviews, cellphones and other electronic devices.

"It is not a very easily accessible area; it is very rough terrain out there," Sheriff's Sgt. Trevis Newport said. "One would have a difficult time even in a four-wheel-drive vehicle. It is a very dangerous area. There are lots of mine pits out there. And it's very remote."

On Saturday, search teams focused on the areas of Rose of Peru Mining District, Brooklyn Mining District and Los Angeles Mining District in a desolate area controlled by the Bureau of Land Management. A body was spotted with a camera lowered into a shaft.

BBM

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-missing-wife-20140819-story.html

An even better article: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/08/18/erin-corwin-san-bernardino/14232723/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rin-Corwin-19-Twentynine-Palms-28-June-2014-9

Attention JCSO:
Jackson and Josephine counties are full of mine shafts. Some active claims are filed on top of abandoned mines. Is that true of Lennie Ames' mining claims? Is Stephanie hidden in one of the mine shafts on or near his or another miner's claim?

The 150-foot-deep shaft is one of some 1,900 abandoned mining features on the district listed by the agency's Abandoned Mines Land Unit, which recently completed a two-year inventory. It recorded 427 abandoned hard-rock mines with underground workings, many with vertical shafts or horizontal tunnels known as adits, according to BLM archaeologist Dennis Seipp, one of two team leaders of the project.

In addition to the abandoned mines on BLM land, at least as many exist in national forests and on private lands in the region, officials believe.

However, given robust mining activity over the past 150 years, there is no hard figure for the number of abandoned mines in the local national forests, said Kevin Johnson, mining geologist for the Rogue River-Siskiyou and Fremont-Winema national forests.

"Part of the issue we deal with is that active claims have been filed on top of some abandoned mines," he said, adding that today's miners often hope their predecessors overlooked some precious metal in the lode.

http://t.mailtribune.com/article/20111002/News/110020339

According to mapquest that is 6 hrs and 18 minutes from Ruch, Or. I guess anything is possible considering she wasn't reported missing for 2 days! You sure can drive that far in 2 days!

Maybe OUOTP can explain her thinking on her post about Placerville. I'm confused. Stephanie's car was only used for about three hours late that night, so it's more likely she's within an hour or so from her house (assuming she made it back there from Ashland, as Detective Henderson has reason to believe). Placerville just doesn't compute IMO.

There are a several lightning caused fires in Jackson and Josephine counties. Two of them are outside Jacksonville, and are still small. I'm glad they were able to search with the dogs last week during a break in the smoke. It's been a summer of fires.

Selfishly speaking, I hope they get the ones near Jacksonville mopped up before tomorrow evening. We're going to an outdoor concert there and I don't want to be breathing smoke, or have the performers (American Idol Top 10) impacted. It should be a beautiful evening and a fun concert. :)

There's also two fires, both less than a quarter acre, outside of Jacksonville. They're in the Sterling Creek and Forest Creek areas of Jackson County and in southeastern Josephine County.

http://kobi5.com/news/weather-news/...new-lightning-sparked-fires.html#.U_OGxWK9KSM

There are a several lightning caused fires in Jackson and Josephine counties. Two of them are outside Jacksonville, and are still small. I'm glad they were able to search with the dogs last week during a break in the smoke. It's been a summer of fires.

Selfishly speaking, I hope they get the ones near Jacksonville mopped up before tomorrow evening. We're going to an outdoor concert there and I don't want to be breathing smoke, or have the performers (American Idol Top 10) impacted. It should be a beautiful evening and a fun concert. :)

http://kobi5.com/news/weather-news/...new-lightning-sparked-fires.html#.U_OGxWK9KSM

You mean you don't want to be part of a new "fashion statement" in wearing some sort of breathing apparatus at the concert? Are you sure? :deepbreaths: Yeah, maybe not.:eek:

Seriously though, wishing you a fabulous, smoke-free concert.:rockon:

You mean you don't want to be part of a new "fashion statement" in wearing some sort of breathing apparatus at the concert? Are you sure? :deepbreaths: Yeah, maybe not.:eek:

Seriously though, wishing you a fabulous, smoke-free concert.:rockon:

:floorlaugh: Too funny! Actually, now that you mention it, I think I will take some masks from our disaster kits just in case. They won't match my "outfit", but oh well. :hilarious: At least I might not have to leave the show. We're really looking forward to it as big AI fans.

:floorlaugh: Too funny! Actually, now that you mention it, I think I will take some masks from our disaster kits just in case. They won't match my "outfit", but oh well. :hilarious: At least I might not have to leave the show. We're really looking forward to it as big AI fans.

But the matching is SO important!:turkey:

Stephanie would love this conversation. :cheer:

Yes, and she'd probably offer to decorate my mask to match my outfit. :)

Yep she probably would! You & Think ×3 have me cracking up laughing! When we get off topic we really get off topic! LOL This thread has been by far the most informative & versatile thread I have come across on WS. You never know what you going to read from day to day on here. One day I laugh and the next day I could be crying. I think everyone here has become so comfortable with each other that we can express our views about just anything & everything and everyone is so respectful of each others opinions. We have a great group here and I think if LE is reading our posts they surely must be taking ideas we have thrown out there seriously. Praying that some kind of evidence was discovered on the search that was conducted last week! And Lilibet have a great time at the concert!

Yes Think×3 she would definitely like this conversation! Thank you for joining the group! Hopefully we got you hooked & you stay with us cause you fit right in!!! :)

Maybe OUOTP can explain her thinking on her post about Placerville. I'm confused. Stephanie's car was only used for about three hours late that night, so it's more likely she's within an hour or so from her house (assuming she made it back there from Ashland, as Detective Henderson has reason to believe). Placerville just doesn't compute IMO.
I guess this is wishful thinking. Hoping that it would be Stephanie so LE & DA's could get on with the prosecution phase of this nightmare. But I don't think it could be her.

The body of Erin Corwin has been found 140 feet down a mine shaft southeast of Twentynine Palms, CA. Her former neighbor has been arrested.

BBM

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-missing-wife-20140819-story.html

An even better article: http://www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2014/08/18/erin-corwin-san-bernardino/14232723/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rin-Corwin-19-Twentynine-Palms-28-June-2014-9

Attention JCSO:
Jackson and Josephine counties are full of mine shafts. Some active claims are filed on top of abandoned mines. Is that true of Lennie Ames' mining claims? Is Stephanie hidden in one of the mine shafts on or near his or another miner's claim?

http://t.mailtribune.com/article/20111002/News/110020339

The thanks button was not enough Lilibet. I have long suspected Stephanie's body is at the bottom of a mine known to the POI.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back