Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could have been slipped some drug but I don't think the killer slipped it to her. I think he was trolling the area looking for a drugged young woman from the concert and happened on Morgan.

http://www.newsadvance.com/news/sta...cle_5248ee7a-0ccd-11e4-be4c-0017a43b2370.html

A Charlottesville judge decided Tuesday to allow a civil suit to move forward against the company that provided security at John Paul Jones Arena the night Morgan Harrington went missing.

Circuit Judge Jay Swett wrote that Regional Marketing Concepts Inc. might have been negligent Oct. 17, 2009, when the staff would not allow the 20-year-old Virginia Tech student to return to a Metallica concert despite being clearly injured and incapacitated...

“Morgan was injured, tried to go back in at multiple doors, was in the parking lot for 40 minutes…” Gil Harrington, Morgan’s mother, said Tuesday night. “Morgan Harrington bought a ticket for a seat in the arena and the parking lot. I believe that entitled her to some degree of security that she did not get.”

Does anyone have a link that describes Morgan's attempted re-entry to the concert venue?

I thought Lt. Rader's letter sounded like it might be to a spouse or someone close to whoever killed Morgan; Someone who might have suspicions of their significant other's involvement.

I thought Lt. Rader's letter sounded like it might be to a spouse or someone close to whoever killed Morgan; Someone who might have suspicions of their significant other's involvement.

I'm sorry, I must be lost. What letter are you referring to? Could you please link it?

"Hannah was seen for some of the time fairly close to where Morgan’s shirt was found maybe three weeks after her abduction," she told ABC News.

She said there are other "coincidences" between the two students.

"College town, same town, same kind of look of a girl, same time of year," she said. "Is this a pattern?"

Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo conceded earlier this week there are similarities between the death of Morgan Harrington and Graham's disappearance. "Both of them occurred within the proximity of the University of Virginia. Both of them are young girls,” the chief said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-uva-student-hannah-grahams-case-similar-2009/story?id=25599055

Suspect in Morgan case modified with shaved head and goatee to match suspect in Hannah Graham case

Yeah, I see some similarities between Morgan and Hannah's cases. I'll do some more research when I get back from CVS, but these are the similarities I see right off the bat:

1. Both women have similar stats. They're similar in age, weight, have blue eyes, have light-colored hair (Morgan was blonde and Hannah has light brown hair), are light-skinned, and are slender. The only major difference is height; Morgan was 5'6 and Hannah is 5'11.

2. Both were students in the UVA area.

3. All three incidents occurred within the same general time period (early-to-mid autumn). Hannah on September 14th, the assault victim on September 24th, and Morgan on October 17th. Also, all occurred approximately 5 years apart from each other (almost 5 yrs 1 mo between the assault victim and Morgan, 4 yrs 11 mo between Morgan and Hannah).

4. Morgan and Hannah were last seen leaving a public, well-populated place.

5. Morgan's suspected killer shares some of the stats of the man police are trying to identify in Hannah's case. The age is within range, race matches, height is within 2 inches. The weight of the man police want to talk to about Hannah ... I can't find a confirmed weight but I've seen it described as 250 - 280 pounds (almost exactly the weight range of Morgan's abductor) in one article and 270 (also within range) in another. The hairstyle is negligible since about 5 years has gone by since Morgan's murder, and 10 years since the previous sexual assault.

6. The distance between the mall Hannah disappeared from and the arena Morgan vanished from is ~3 miles.

7. Morgan's case was most likely a stranger abduction and there's no indication that she knew her killer. We know for a fact that the sex assault victim who was raped by the same man didn't know her killer either. And now LE has confirmed they ''do not have reason to believe that Hannah and this person of interest knew each other before they made contact'' - which fits the pattern.

I'm skeptical about whether there is a connection, but I think it's something that should be - and most likely will be - investigated.

I hope that the perp in both cases are the same person so that there can be justice for Morgan and we can have this perp off the street. However my gut says this isn't related at all. As humans we look for similarities and want to blame a single monster for these occurrences. Unfortunately, we just don't want to accept that there are multiple monsters out there doing this to our young women. It's hard to fathom we have so many people in this world capable of such horrible acts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would love there to be a connection and the guy found so that these families could get closure. Morgan Harrington's death is one that is never far from my mind. She liked similar music to my daughter and I.

Does anyone know if this man has been ruled out? The link is an article about a suspected rapist arrested in MD, not far from DC/VA. He was arrested for raping a woman on a college campus, he looks remarkably like the sketch, and he has an arrest record in VA. The coincidences are pretty stunning if he's not responsible.
Until Hannah went missing he was my main suspect. I brought it up on another board, and everyone shot me down. The thing that really piqued my interest was the date of the rape he has been convicted of.....1/26/10.....just a few hours after MH was found.
I also tied him to FF. He has been in prison for awhile now though....surely his DNA is in the system by now?

Not to be an alarmist, as there are many reasons why the HG and MH cases could be completely separate, but I combined the JLM, the POI from HG's case to the sketch from MH's case... kind of striking if you ask me...

JLMtoMHsketch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member