IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has occurred to me, that I have not seen mentioned anywhere, is that there is currently some kind of construction currently on the road directly in front of the VFW. That is something that tends to bring outsiders into small towns (workers), and might be something that has been overlooked. There is also a major construction project on interstate 64, about 10 minutes to the north of Boonville.

Yes, they are filling in old underground mine shafts.

Are we referring to what happened at keggers, now double Ds a few years back, which happens to be next door to vfw?

Hmmm....I need to do some digging because you are obviously way ahead of me! ;)

Sent from my iPhone

I wonder if someone notified her parents that early morning or if the parents where the first to take serious notice? When was LE notified?

These are my questions too. Also, when did they find her phone and who found it?

Sent from my iPhone

It winds around to the northeast. That is usually the way we take going to Holiday World in Santa Claus.

OK, thanks. I remember that road now.

One thing that has occurred to me, that I have not seen mentioned anywhere, is that there is currently some kind of construction currently on the road directly in front of the VFW. That is something that tends to bring outsiders into small towns (workers), and might be something that has been overlooked. There is also a major construction project on interstate 64, about 10 minutes to the north of Boonville.

Most of the workers for road maintenance work for INDOT and would be fairly local. Also, they shut down by 5pm. And road construction is CONSTANT in and around Boonville. They've been working on widening the road between Chandler and Boonville for like 10 years now. Indiana is famous for its road construction (or if not, they should be!) :)

The fact that Kristy's car hasn't been found is the only thing giving me hope right now.

I have a few questions that I wish we could have answered. When did anyone realize she was missing? Who found her phone and when did they find it? Is TF the only surveillance camera in the area that picked up what they think might be her vehicle?

I am also wondering if she paid her tab before she left or if the bartender even charged her. Was there money left on the counter? Did the bartender really have plans to leave with Kristy that night and go to the other bar or is that just a rumor? Also, was there anyone else in the bar with her while the manager & bartender were in the back dealing with deposit slips?

I am not sure what I think about the possible link to Joelle Lockwood. I guess at this point, anything is possible.

I figured you weren't far since you said you were going to go and help search when you can. It seems that the community has really rallied around the family by the look of the FB page. That's nice to see!

That video with her father is heartbreaking, it made me cry. You can see the pain in his eyes. I could not imagine having to go through this with a loved one. I am a firm believer in prayer and i pray for Kristy and this family everyday. Where are you Kristy? :(

I have driven around my area and looked in places for her car but my schedule this week didnt allow me to go to Studio Bee and search all day. I have to babysit 5 kids (yikes) this weekend. Next week I am available any day to go down and search if she isnt found. Would be great to connect with some fellow websleuthers at the center and go together if anyone can. I can go any day that works.

Something that isn't quite clear: Did Kristy live with her parents or did she have her own place? We are not going to know the addresses or anything but the likely/possible places she might have gone after she left the VFW (assuming she left on her own free will) are very relevant to the investigation.

The vehicle that was videoed driving east on Rt 62 is very likely Kiristy's Xterra. Where might she be going and where did she spend the 20 minutes? (again assuming she was acting on her own free will). Back to the VFW to collect her phone would be a good bet but, when she found it was closed, then where? (Where did the friend/bartender live?). At this point, considering everywhere she might have gone, i.e. whom she might have paid a late night visit and check all along those roadways.

Finding the car is the key to the whole case. If she was abducted, there limited means by which an abductor can make a car "disappear". While a vehicle traveling a cruising speed can travel quite a ways and be propelled into deep water, it is much harder to get a driverless car into water where it won't be found. There are limited places where this might work (reservoirs with steep slops, piers with road access ect.) These sort of places need to be checked. Most of these places are fairly remote and the abductor would then have to deal with the problem of getting back to his own car or home. Two people could do the abduction but that is most unusual. If the car turns up 100 miles or more from Boonville, a whole lot of different possibilities open up.

There is always the possibility of suicide or just taking a "runner". Sometimes the families of Missing Persons withhold critical information. In a small town like Boonville, it would probably be harder to hide that sort of thing. The key is finding the car.

kemo, I am really leaning towards the theory that Kristy went back to the VFW to get her phone and then found them to be closed. I am wondering about what she was doing in that 20 minutes though IF that was her car going past again. At this point, like other posters have suggested, she could have run into someone in the parking lot of the VFW. On the other hand, I also wondered if Kristy might have gone to someone's house she might have known close by in order to borrow their phone. Then she could call the bartender and see if she may have found the phone. Just a thought.

Unrelated to that theory, I noticed that there was a post towards the bottom of the FB page that I believe was a screenshot of a convo with Kristy's dad. He mentions something about a text message Kristy may have sent earlier in the night. I THINK it was something about someone she wanted to visit and there is mention of the street. I may have misunderstood but I will try to find it.

Then, Kristy's best friend posted something on her own FB about Kristy not checking the last snapchat message that she sent. I was wondering when that snapchat was sent because I would think that if a notification popped up on her phone, she would have likely looked at it while she was waiting on the bartender. Maybe it came the next day but it got me thinking about how there could be a better timeline of when she actually went missing.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense...I have three kids here and it's a little nuts today! I can barely keep my thoughts together! ;)

Something that isn't quite clear: Did Kristy live with her parents or did she have her own place? We are not going to know the addresses or anything but the likely/possible places she might have gone after she left the VFW (assuming she left on her own free will) are very relevant to the investigation.

I think her mother said that Kristy was going back to her (the mother's) house that night. However, I do think Kristy has her own place. Maybe she just stayed with her mom to be close to work since she had to go in early and her kids were with their father that night.

I think her mother said that Kristy was going back to her (the mother's) house that night. However, I do think Kristy has her own place. Maybe she just stayed with her mom to be close to work since she had to go in early and her kids were with their father that night.

in post #329 up above there is a link to an interview with her father in which he says she had been living at their, (her parents) house......fyi

My apologies if any of my questions have been asked and answered already:

1. Did Kristy's vehicle have a tracking device?
2. Without sleuthing him, what was the nature of her current relationship with the father of her children?

In the video that concernedmother posted earlier, her dad mentioned she was staying with them and that they expected that she'd be home that night.

The vehicle that was videoed driving east on Rt 62 is very likely Kiristy's Xterra. Where might she be going and where did she spend the 20 minutes? (again assuming she was acting on her own free will). Back to the VFW to collect her phone would be a good bet but, when she found it was closed, then where? (Where did the friend/bartender live?). At this point, considering everywhere she might have gone, i.e. whom she might have paid a late night visit and check all along those roadways.

There was a comment on one of the FB pages (I think it was Find Kristy) that said she had mentioned going to Southside bar earlier in the evening. Maybe she did end up going there and then realized she forgot her phone and went back for it? The only problem with that theory is that she would have driven right back by the ice cream shop if she had gone back to the VFW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288