MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two white house officials will be attending Mike's funeral. When has this EVER happened??

Don Lemon visits "School of Peace": http://youtu.be/mWbWSK6ef08

I have seen this at least 5 times and I could watch it again. These children right here are the 18 year olds in 10-12 years... They are MB 10-12 years ago. Why? What happens. The last little girl is just an angel! I love her little toothless smile!

All posts are MOO

She is a hard-core former prosecutor, so she always goes after whoever is the suspect and cuts defense lawyers off or yanks their microphones. She really isn't judicious, but hey, it's her TV show so she can do what she wants. But its funny when she goes on rants (she tapes her show early in the afternoon, so often, she has no clue about any news on the subject that comes out after her taping and before her show goes on the air. LOL JMO
[emoji23] Yeah i know she goes into one most times and is very passionate. She also can cry at a drop of a dime...but i love her ways lmao cant help it, she does not care at all

Well it should be linda! And i have concern for black on black crime as i work with them, victims too, and there families. Same here here in london, black on black on young people is sky high, not ignoring it. And yes it keeps happening, young men being shot and killed and the police walk...are they all guilty????? Really

Are you saying that people are shoot and killed in london like here?

omg I'm so stupid... I was trying to see what the sign was covering. :lol:

Well that sure makes me feel better about my uncovered for hours gaffe. :floorlaugh:

I don't think anything that MB did was okay. I don't think anyone does but at this point he did not deserve the death penalty for it. That is where I think the rub is for most of us.
I think that MB was not a choir boy but I at this point I have a lot of trouble with this shooting.

You have every right to your opinion.

As you well know... You and I are on opposite sides more often than not. While I hardly ever share your point of view, I respect it and I appreciate the way we are able to discuss/debate and challenge one another....

My issue is with the message it's sending the youth in Ferguson. It's not productive in any way shape or form. Imagine being an 7-8-10 year old trying to process what's going on. More harm than good is being done.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it? I have wondered about that. I hope so, but if no indictment, why should the public know any personal information about Wilson? Maybe some info would be sealed to protect his privacy ?? JMO

info will be released to the public in this case if there is no indictment, b/c it will "serve the public's interest"

I don't have a link, this is just info I've picked up by participating on various boards.

If for some reason the docs won't be released, you can bet there will be multiple FIOA requests, and I don't think a judge would refuse them for this particular case.

There is one witness that I think makes the most sense in this. And he said that he did not see him raise his hands but saw MB lean over like he was already wounded and then MB was shot mulitple times after that.

I think that most likely this guy was going down and the officer just continued firing and that is a problem for me. I think the danger was way over when he continued to shoot this unarmed person.

Does anyone know when other police arrived on the scene and how and who called them?

BBM I don't know if it is known who called but the other info is about two pages back in this thread and on the current page of the media thread posted by me. hth

It took abot 3 seconds to fire off those rounds. The first 4 shots missed. Was he supposed to stop if the perp was still coming at him?
Use another form of protection is what he should have done...he is trained right? Well then stop killing for the sake of it and making out a child is incredible hulk lol

Two white house officials will be attending Mike's funeral. When has this EVER happened??

Heaven help save us all from politicians. :sigh:

I think I will refrain from commenting on this info til I have absorbed and figured out how to do so responsibly. Do you have a link to that btw? It would help me in deciding how outraged I am about the idea of it.

NM I see Popsicles linked tweet now. Still refraining for the moment.

Retweeted by Rachel Lippmann
Wesley Lowery ‏@WesleyLowery 48s
Broderick Johnson, Marlon Marshall & Heather Foster of the White House staff to attend Michael Brown's funeral on Monday.

The lines are really being blurred here. Although Holder tempered his comments vs the Gov, when discussing a "vigorous investigation," yet these actions don't coincide with that concept.

Lord, I'm gonna have to visit the basement on this one,

it was just said on CNN. No link yet, but Popsicle tweeted it

He was not shot for doing any of those things. He was shot because he attacked the cop, shoved him into the car, punched him in the face, and struggled over the weapon. THAT is what brought on the shooting.
So since some believe that, why did he not come out himself and just say that....Not buying it at all. What i do believe is, that cop was up to no good and the rest, well he is dead

A drunken woman weighing in at what? 115 pounds? verses a 6'4" 300 pound man that just committed a strong armed robbery....

Again, what is the point you're trying to make?

That they're equally threatening?

I
Am
Lost.

Plus all Reese Witherspoon did was keep saying "I am an american citizen!!!". She didn't lunge at the cop she didn't even TOUCH THE COP!

How can anyone possibly compare the two?

You have every right to your opinion.

As you well know... You and I are on opposite sides more often than not. While I hardly ever share your point of view, I respect it and I appreciate the way we are able to discuss/debate and challenge one another....

My issue is with the message it's sending the youth in Ferguson. It's not productive in any way shape or form. Imagine being an 7-8-10 year old trying to process what's going on. More harm than good is being done.
IMO

You know you are one of my favs.. :)

I think that while we see that on tv that may not be reality. I think that a lot of mothers are going to use the incident as a cautionary tale. " when you rob people and act like a punk you can get killed."

I have an issue with anyone who stands up and ignores all the facts and just tries to pick what they want out of it to make it work for them. I think though that some of the people there are scared and upset at seeing this person gunned down in the street unarmed and that really imprints on them.

I can not imagine what I would feel like if this happened in the street in front of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd