GUILTY MI - April Millsap, 14, Armada, 24 July 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there's any doubt they have the murderer in custody now. They just need to make sure the case is solid.

I'm still disappointed with all of the misinformation put out in public by LE. When this case was getting the most publicity, basically every fact that came out was false.

What if they had named this guy a POI sooner? And didn't lie about the COD or SA? Maybe someone would have had their memory jolted and came forward. Maybe now too much time has passed and they forgot a key detail.

I will never understand dishonesty ... keeping things tight, yes, but a lot of aspects of this case were just plain reported incorrect.

Is it possible that there was no 'attempted sexual assault' and it was just made to look that way.

Could it be that he killed April, panicked, perhaps wasn't the smartest guy in the world and thought his dad's DNA and his would be a match, figured that if he made it look like a sexual assault, his dad's a RSO, people would put two and two together and he gets away with it, and his dad gets put away?

Just some random thoughts and all MOO

I understand the POI is in jail. The perception to me is LE is putting all their eggs in one basket and not doing anything further because "he is in jail". They have already proven they can't be trusted by the lies told that has been pointed out. If I lived in that community, I wouldn't be comfortable until an arrest is made. Hell, I'm over 900 miles away and I'm obviously not comfortable with how they are doing things. If she was my family member, they'd be seeing or hearing from me (or my lawyer) on a daily basis.

"The elder VanCallis bonded out of jail while his case proceeds through the court system; representatives at the jail would not confirm if VanCallis Jr. had bonded out. MLive Detroit is awaiting a response with clarification."

OK, every time I try to put the link here I lose the above quote so I am going to post this and then try to revise and add the link.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/08/police_mum_on_developments_in.html

Is it possible that there was no 'attempted sexual assault' and it was just made to look that way.

Could it be that he killed April, panicked, perhaps wasn't the smartest guy in the world and thought his dad's DNA and his would be a match, figured that if he made it look like a sexual assault, his dad's a RSO, people would put two and two together and he gets away with it, and his dad gets put away?

Just some random thoughts and all MOO

I also wondered if the POI just wanted it to look like a SA. His father's DNA would not be the same as his but I believe his brother's would. Nice guy!

Fox News had a video of the house and said they are looking for backpack, dog leash and collar and bowl and April's wallet. Said Vancallis liked to hide stuff out back of a green building.
Sorry I cannot find a link for this newscast.

I wonder if the POI took the collar and leash off Penny and ,if so, when.

I am thinking LE might not have much tying the POI to April's murder. They have her phone with an unidentified finger print on it (a 2nd POI?), and the motorcycle which they dug up in the 2nd search, and the boots/shoes which are similar to the prints on April. LE doesn't have any of the possessions she or Penny had with them. We don't know what DNA they have. LE just might feel this is not enough to convict him.

Keep on asearching.......

Every day I come to this thread hoping to see ARREST in the subject line. Sounds like they're sure they have their guy. I don't understand what is taking so long.

Knowing you have your man and being able to charge and convict him are two different things. Once charged the clock begins ticking and they must share their evidence with defense. Before charges they have all the time in the world to build their case with good solid evidence as their POI sits in jail on the unrelated charges.

In the midst of an ongoing investigation, LE has no obligation to the public - or even victims' families - to share pertinent details of the case. Tidbits of information might be leaked to the media by people who are close to the investigation, but these reports are not necessarily factual. LE is going to keep sensitive details of the case to themselves to protect the integrity of the investigation and won't release the information until the case is turned over to the prosecutor.

With the long holiday weekend approaching, I don't anticipate an arrest for several more days, but I'm confident that the task force "has their perp" and that they are putting together a case that will render justice for April Millsap. :moo:

hoping for updates soon on whether new leads came of the recent searching at old family farm property of POI

I would like to think they really have a solid case or at least know that he did it. I would be disappointed to say the least if he does not get arrested. If they weren't sure, you would think they would be still asking for leads and having press conferences.. Let's just hope he pleads guilty and waives his right to a trial. The family has been through enough to deal with a trial.

I think the duo cause of death thing refers to the fact that either of those injuries were fatal and would have killed her but the killer still subjected April to both the strangulation and the head trauma. Overkill.

Just a side note--I took some back roads home last night and went through Armada (Armanda Center Road and Romeo Plank Roads). There are still pink ribbons everywhere. Almost every home address and business. I also saw many large "Justice for April" signs along the way. Truly a community that has come together. Praying for her family and friends that this case gets solved soon.

she was not killed twice but the former ME that weighed in said the strangulation and the blunt force trauma were overkill and meant to make doubly sure she was dead.

Such similar injuries to JonBenet Ramsey. I have been reading about her case. Bless them both.

It's been awfully quiet in the April Millsap case for a while now. I hope this is the calm before the storm and that there will be an arrest soon.

:waiting:

I'm not sure about an arrest soon. While it's quiet I know for fact that at least Armada Police are still working the case and checking leads that have nothing to do with the POI. They did take their sweet time about it though, which bothers me. I can't say anymore then that unless it comes out in the media. It also bothers me that the one and only POI is sitting in jail and could make bail at any time.

I thought for sure with the short time frame from her leaving home and being murdered that this case would have been solved quickly.

I'm not sure about an arrest soon. While it's quiet I know for fact that at least Armada Police are still working the case and checking leads that have nothing to do with the POI. They did take their sweet time about it though, which bothers me. I can't say anymore then that unless it comes out in the media. It also bothers me that the one and only POI is sitting in jail and could make bail at any time.

I thought for sure with the short time frame from her leaving home and being murdered that this case would have been solved quickly.

This is not good news at all. Why can't you say anymore.

I followed this thread early in the scheme of things, until around when the father/son were arrested for the grow operation. I've now looked back over lots of this thread and now know less about the case than earlier. "More" can mean "less" when there is more new info that seemingly contradicts other new info.

Can anyone explain to me WHY the two (moreover the son) are still being looked at?

I know that the dad is a sex offender. I know that the son had a troubled adolescence and has been in trouble for breaking/entering and not paying child support. The son was also "noted to be" in the area in the past few months. They apparently also grow pot.

I currently live in my hometown, but when I was in college ("off in the city" in Louisville or Lexington), I would come back fairly often to check out what was the same/different, etc. Even if I didn't actually visit anyone, I'd drive around looking at things. Is there something wrong with going back to where you were raised to do such a thing?

I can't see breaking/entering or failing to pay child support making someone a strong candidate to do something like this. That is like suspecting someone of "losing" the night's deposit of embezzling millions from a huge corporation. Neither offense was apparently violent, or at least violent in the way of killing a girl walking her dog.

I have a (strong) new opinion about the grow operation after attending a family wedding near Ann Arbor last week. I looked at several Detroit-area publications and was astounded to see MANY ads in them offering up free/discounted "ounces" if you mentioned the ad. They have medical marijuana, which KY does not.
I can't see a "grow operation" being that big of a deal in an area where those ads are legally published. I guess you'd need some sort of prescription of sorts. I don't know the rules regarding mm, but ¼-ounces are expensive here and we grow a lot down here, so to speak.

I didn't think that protecting your supply was worthy of killing someone over down here (where it is flat-out illegal). I know that growing it up in MI would "technically" (w/o prescription) be illegal. I didn't know until last week that it was "quasi-legal." That makes me doubt the "cover up the pot farm" motive even more.

a boot print they hope to match to the trauma to neck of victim
a special trash pickup made within days at the property
the white and blue dirtbike
possibly he had hidden it or his alibi is not checking out or the witness who described the motorbike rider has ID'd him and he denies being there or his claim of being elsewhere does not pan out.

Those are just a few I could think of off the top of my head.

Waiting for a break in news and some more info on what they found in the search at the old place and what they found and what it reveals.

Not sure I think he is the doer but they for darn sure think he was there and if he is not the doer maybe someone he was with or was meeting was.

I don't think anyone is willing to gamble on bailing him. If you don't have cash or property worth the bail the bailbond company charges the 10% for their fee for posting the full amount. I wouldn't worry about him making bail anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford