"Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases

I grew up down in that area and one of my best friends was murdered off I 45. I always wonder if her killer has anything to do with some of the unsolved cases I have been reading about in this thread. He is said to have been involved in at least 10 other murders but his name was never mentioned on some of the I solved shootings along the corridor. :/ I read where someone posted that some of the killings stopped after 06. Well, he was put back in prison then and just a few years ago while in prison they linked him to more crimes in the area. Here is a link I found abou it but you can google more about this other murders he is linked too. Read below. Maybe this killer is responsible for one of the insolved cases in the thread? Idk but it says his brother is also violent and has a criminal past. Very bad. Hope this helps!

A Houston jury spared the life of a man who gunned down an interior
decorator during a violent crime spree.

Lamar Baskin faced either life in prison or the death penalty for the
robbery and murder of Laura Higgins. The jury chose life Friday.

Defense attorneys had argued that Baskin wasn't eligible for the death
penalty because he is mentally deficient.

Baskin was convicted 2 weeks ago of killing Higgins, 28, inside her
company's southeast Houston warehouse.

Baskin is a career criminal who terrorized Houston in the winter of 2002.

Investigators suspect Baskin killed at least 1 other woman and raped and
robbed at least 7 more.

He is also suspected in several robbings in which some victims were shot.

Baskin's brother is serving life for capital murder in an unrelated case.

Meant to say "unsolved".. Not "I solved".. I wish I could solve these!

"What is the likelyhood that the murderer that is guilty of most of these crimes (I really believe that there was more than one, maybe even a copcat or two)?
<modsnip>

I know this is a late response, but in regard to the copycat statement, I have my doubts. In the whole time I've lived down here, I can only remember 2 (maybe 3) cases that got any publicity. Jessica Cain's, Shelly Sikes, Suzanne Richerson...

Do copycats do things solely for media attention, or do they do them because they realize nobody's at the helm and they can get away with it?

I think this is a case of this whole area being a dumping ground. There may have been serial killers at work, but I think there were also one offs as well.

Hi, Im new to this forum and community and thought I's share somethng. I've seen alot of comments on the Texas Killing Fields. Last December I began writing a guy in a Texas prison who was a suspect but never charged. At first he was apprehensive then he really opened up. After he lead officer to two bodies in Fort Bend county, he told them he worked on Robert Abels ranch in League city. They shut him down and told him thank you and that was it. In his letters he implicates a few folks who were involved in the abductions and the folks behind it. I took this info to the FBI who got copies of the letters. The head agent later said he doubts any of it is for real. This FBI agent who investigated it was a League City cop. It just so happens that the guy in prison says there was a corrupt LC cop I wont name here, but he happened to be in charge of the investigation. Isnt it funny that shortly after this guy tried to lead LCPD cops to more bodies that evidence disappeared from the evidence room? One of the bullets (22 caliber) was still there but it had been filed down. Isnt it funny that they wont honor a legal FOI (Freedom Of Information) request? I talked to a reporter or two who made some inquiries, but even though they confirmed the case has be reopened, they are saying the letters dont make sense and this guys credibility is the issue. REALLY? He led officers to two bodies!!! They never charged him because according to the DA "he is already doing over 400 years for an escape attempt, he's never getting out". WOW, big relief to the families.
I contacted the Jessica Cain group and they are hopeful. But as I said, the investigation seems to be lagging like it has for twenty years. What are they trying to hide? I wont give up, this information needs to be out there. I have come up with a lot. A couple people that are supposed to be involved are known in the Houston area. I will try to update as much as I can. I will never give up as long as I have a pulse! No more coverup! BTW I was told to take extra precautions to watch my back seriously.

Hi, Im new to this forum and community and thought I's share somethng. I've seen alot of comments on the Texas Killing Fields. Last December I began writing a guy in a Texas prison who was a suspect but never charged. At first he was apprehensive then he really opened up. After he lead officer to two bodies in Fort Bend county, he told them he worked on Robert Abels ranch in League city. They shut him down and told him thank you and that was it. In his letters he implicates a few folks who were involved in the abductions and the folks behind it. I took this info to the FBI who got copies of the letters. The head agent later said he doubts any of it is for real. This FBI agent who investigated it was a League City cop. It just so happens that the guy in prison says there was a corrupt LC cop I wont name here, but he happened to be in charge of the investigation. Isnt it funny that shortly after this guy tried to lead LCPD cops to more bodies that evidence disappeared from the evidence room? One of the bullets (22 caliber) was still there but it had been filed down. Isnt it funny that they wont honor a legal FOI (Freedom Of Information) request? I talked to a reporter or two who made some inquiries, but even though they confirmed the case has be reopened, they are saying the letters dont make sense and this guys credibility is the issue. REALLY? He led officers to two bodies!!! They never charged him because according to the DA "he is already doing over 400 years for an escape attempt, he's never getting out". WOW, big relief to the families.
I contacted the Jessica Cain group and they are hopeful. But as I said, the investigation seems to be lagging like it has for twenty years. What are they trying to hide? I wont give up, this information needs to be out there. I have come up with a lot. A couple people that are supposed to be involved are known in the Houston area. I will try to update as much as I can. I will never give up as long as I have a pulse! No more coverup! BTW I was told to take extra precautions to watch my back seriously.

The guy you're talking about is Mark Stalling of course.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't believe that LE doesn't want to solve the most notorious murders in Texas, The Texas Killing Fields, nor do I believe that the FBI is in on the cover up with LE.

If you are going to make such claims against the police and the FBI, can you please provide any evidence or links?

You also insinuate that the dirty policemen and FBI who are covering up for all the murderers may try to hurt you. I can assure you that this will not happen.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. I don't believe that LE doesn't want to solve the most notorious murders in Texas, The Texas Killing Fields, nor do I believe that the FBI is in on the cover up with LE.

If you are going to make such claims against the police and the FBI, can you please provide any evidence or links?

You also insinuate that the dirty policemen and FBI who are covering up for all the murderers may try to hurt you. I can assure you that this will not happen.

Snoods, I know more about this case then you will ever know, not to sound disrespectful. Trust me, as of yesterday, a real cop, a dedicated cop has this info. According to ONE letter, ref to unidentified female at the killing fields. "She was a drug addict, told me she was kicked out of her house at 13 because she was pregnant, been on the streets hooking and addicted to drugs, she cried and begged to die so I helped her and put her out of he misery, she had green eyes, sunken in.....". Drew a map of where there are supposed to be three more bodies. According to letter.."cut them open, put in barrel, fill with pure crude and bury three to four feet".....
How does a police department "lose" evidence? How does a bullet get filed down while in police evidence? Why would a LC cop send money to him? Are you so blind? I can tell you this... it's about money, botched investigation, cover-ups, and protecting the folks with money and in high places. Think this stuff doesnt happen? Wake up! (not trying to sound mean) this has been going on for years. There is a lot more that cannot be disclosed, but in the end it WILL come out and folks are going to flip out.:drumroll:

Snoods, I know more about this case then you will ever know, not to sound disrespectful. Trust me, as of yesterday, a real cop, a dedicated cop has this info. According to ONE letter, ref to unidentified female at the killing fields. "She was a drug addict, told me she was kicked out of her house at 13 because she was pregnant, been on the streets hooking and addicted to drugs, she cried and begged to die so I helped her and put her out of he misery, she had green eyes, sunken in.....". Drew a map of where there are supposed to be three more bodies. According to letter.."cut them open, put in barrel, fill with pure crude and bury three to four feet".....
How does a police department "lose" evidence? How does a bullet get filed down while in police evidence? Why would a LC cop send money to him? Are you so blind? I can tell you this... it's about money, botched investigation, cover-ups, and protecting the folks with money and in high places. Think this stuff doesnt happen? Wake up! (not trying to sound mean) this has been going on for years. There is a lot more that cannot be disclosed, but in the end it WILL come out and folks are going to flip out.:drumroll:

No, not at all, no disrespect taken. You obviously have me at a disadvantage with your inside knowledge, so I hope you can understand my skepticism.

I'm not trying to say this stuff doesn't happen, of course it does. I just need a bit more proof to take you seriously, and of course that is your option to give it. And you don't sound mean, if I dish it out I can take it lol. But most of what you are saying right now just sounds a bit......manic, to be honest.

What do you think about the Clyde Hendrick guilty verdict from yesterday?

Edited to add: I've lived in Texas my whole life; I honestly hope you DO have all the answers to this. I apologize if I've come across as snarky.

I agree. Obviously he is talking about Mark Stallings, who used to work for Robert Abel. His name is well-known. His propensity for lying and making up ridiculous claims is also well-known.

how many janes remain ? My sister often traveled alone - particularly if she was hitch hiking. My brother lived in AL the last time she saw him, but had moved to TX - anything's possible. I tried to look at the UIDs listed at the beginning of the thread - but the links were broken (Charley Project).

Help? Has Judy O'Donnell (NaMUS 8051) been ruled out? LKA in presence of family 11-30-1980 but known to be alive in Jan 1981 -

how many janes remain ? My sister often traveled alone - particularly if she was hitch hiking. My brother lived in AL the last time she saw him, but had moved to TX - anything's possible. I tried to look at the UIDs listed at the beginning of the thread - but the links were broken (Charley Project).

Help? Has Judy O'Donnell (NaMUS 8051) been ruled out? LKA in presence of family 11-30-1980 but known to be alive in Jan 1981 -
Hi, Maureen. There is more information about the UID's in this thread.

TX- League City - Jane (35UFTX) and Janet (52UFTX) Doe, in "killing field", 1986/1991

Snoods,

You can take him seriously. I can vouch for him and what he's saying.

In the letters Stallings wrote, he admits his role in the Calder road murders and missing girls. Of course LEO's in LCPD are wanting to dismiss him, why? The missing evidence from the LCPD property room, the 22 caliber slug pulled out of one of the girls skulls was filed down. LEOS in the are have copies of these letters. Their response," he is not credible". Really. he was credible enough to lead Fort Bend detectives to two bodies (Benna Bowen and April Eaves) Sheriff Milton Wright is quoted in the Chronicle as saying "he knew details that only the killer would know and we are going to press charges for murder"...blah blah...but guess what, according to an "unamed" source at Fort Bend county, "he wasnt prosecuted because he is already doing over 400 years, no sense in wasting taxpayers dollars on a trial..." REALLY? These letters are chilling and detail oriented, even a map of where more bodies are. He explains a lot about the parties Robert Abel had and the people that were there. He no longer puts anything on paper anymore becuase they are seriously watching his mail. Funny, I started working on this December 2013 and asking alot of questions about a cop Stallings mentions was involved in getting the girls, guess what, three month later that cop retired from the department. LEO's want this swept under the carpet, they dont want to expose the corruption and subsequent coverup. It all comes down to the "good ole boy" system. In his last letter he goes into a litle detail about Jessica Cain and Laura Miller. Stallings was locked up when Cain disappeared but all indicators points to a partner I cant name here. When that was mentioned to him, he clamed up bigtime. The original letters, addressed to me, were all given to HPD, they have been filed away somewhere, but guess what? I have the copies of all but one of them HAHA. The FBI agent who somehow? got assigned the case is a former LCPD officer who was working there during the investigation. The last communication form an HPD Sgt was that the investigation was basically put on hold when the Secret Service came into the picture. Then POOF the evidence vanished. I've been diligently working on this in my free time for a while now. Even though I have been told to watch my back, that there are bad cops involved that want me shut down. I met with a reporter in east houston, we discussed the letters and in walks a Galveston County detective in regular clothes but with his ID around his neck, he stands long enough at our table for us to see his ID around his neck. Me and the reporter walks across the street after the reporter and I got weird feelings, in Walgreens in walks another GCSO detective but this one in a polo shirt with the embroider badge. Gold badge on his belt and a gun. Reporter states.."this is creepy, I have to go". I was warned by law enforcement and by God they were right. There are a few people who know about my situation and the letters, a couple are reporters. If anything should happen to me they will run with the whole thing. I am, by far, not anywhere close to where I want to be on this, I do this on my own time and have a file an inch thick. I can say this, there are clouds are the horizon, for the folks involved, I know you read these forums, get ready for the storms. The truth will soon be out and nothing can cover you now. I will post once in a while what I can post without blowing the case wide open. This isnt about the reward or anything like that really, its about finding Jessica, finding the remaining girls who are buried out there. PLEASE NOTE: The suspects will make your jaw drop, you all know a couple of them. He names in his letters particular people involved in the parties where the girls vanished afterwards. The players are high profile, political, and law enforcement. Why would he wrote all this down you ask? He says he knows he is never getting out, he mentions his own daughter who I initiated contact with. He's trying to "come clean". I detect sincerity and honesty in his letters. But watch, this will blow open soon, and I did it, for the truth, and for a pat on the back. TY

Thanks, Texas guy. We hear ya. This forum was opened three years ago for this very purpose. Godspeed to all of you working for the truth.

Question, have the killings subsided, and if so, when? tia.

I believe Jessica Cain was the last of the victims (that we know of). Believe it or not LEOS dont release all information about everything. For example, you will not hear them say that there was a or a few serial killers running loose out there. Not only would that scare the public, but can you imagine the financial impact for that city? There are many things to consider and yes we all know law enforcement screwed up. So its up to us, the general (and inquisitive) public to shed light on these cases, and maybe, just maybe, the ones who are truly responsible for the murders / abductions and the shoddy investigative work done by LEOS will bring up official oppression charges against those involved. I wont post anything here that I dont believe is a fact, if I am guessing, I will say so. There are some things going on right now as far as a couple investigations into the fields and they are looking at it seriously. I believe we will hear a press conference and a release of new information. I know for a fact that they are seriously looking at this new information. Wolves in sheep's clothing will be very much exposed. I will update with info that I am able to put out here. Rest assure, that I sincerely believe these abductions and homicides will be solved soon. People are going to be pissed, surprised and chins will drop to the ground, mark my words. I've taken a hell of a risk to get this exposed along with a few others. Even to the point where we had to exercise extra precautions for our own security and well being. God looks out for you when you are doing the right thing. I'll update again as it progresses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back