NM NM - Harvey 'Gene' Whitacre, 20, Albuquerque, 30 June 1947

For those curious on why FBI was involved, this is what was going on at Sandia Air Base that my uncle was involved in:

"Sandia Base was, from 1946 to 1971, the principal nuclear weapons installation of the United States Department of Defense.[1] It was located on the southeastern edge of Albuquerque, New Mexico. For twenty-five years, the top-secret Sandia Base and its subsidiary installation, Manzano Base, carried on the atomic weapons research, development, design, testing, and training commenced by the Manhattan Project during World War II. Fabrication, assembly, and storage of nuclear weapons was also done at Sandia Base. The base played a key role in the United States nuclear deterrence capability during the Cold War. In 1971 it was merged into Kirtland Air Force Base."

Eugene was involved in these projects, and he disappeared.

Sandia Base - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AstroKitty,
What are Whitacre's vitals? I understand what you mean about going through the unidentified indices.

AstroKitty,
What are Whitacre's vitals? I understand what you mean about going through the unidentified indices.

I asked my mom the same thing last week, she submitted them to NAMUS - no idea if it's up yet (although we have a NAMUS #). I'll ask her again tomorrow while she's over and update right away. I think he was around 150 lbs and 5 ft 11 inches. Brown hair and brown eyes I believe.

Did you enter his #? I posted it upthread in the first post. Mom submitted it 2 months ago - everything is moving at snails pace and if anyone has any suggestions I would so greatly appreciate it!

I searched by the number and name.... But I'm very new to this, so I may be doing it incorrectly. Hopefully a seasoned sleuth will reply with better info.

I don't know how to search by #, I just have the #. I'll see what I can find out tomorrow as far as the hold up with Namus. I do know they emailed or called my mom back asking for a photo, which made no sense to her since she sent everything in - including the article with the photo. We don't have another one.

So, your mother is the missing Harvey's sibling- is that correct?

Oh wow, I just read your signature - I haven't clicked on it yet but is that the little girl from the gas station/cafe that said "eat here and get gas" that used to be on US 31 between tipton and kokomo?

Oh wow, I just read your signature - I haven't clicked on it yet but is that the little girl from the gas station/cafe that said "eat here and get gas" that used to be on US 31 between tipton and kokomo?

Yes!!!! Small world.

Yes!!!! Small world.

Totally crazy but my family knew her grandparents and I was visiting nearby when she was abducted. Sherrill's is now gone (think rather recently) but no one passes the landmark without thinking of the little girl. She's one of 5 unsolved crimes that really strikes a chord in Kokomo

Totally crazy but my family knew her grandparents and I was visiting nearby when she was abducted. Sherrill's is now gone (think rather recently) but no one passes the landmark without thinking of the little girl. She's one of 5 unsolved crimes that really strikes a chord in Kokomo

The mother of my daughter's closest friend was one of the children playing with Shannon that day she vanished. And I worked with Shannon's aunt for years. And then we had the whole Donna Walker fiasco several years back. It is the one case I hope to have solved in my lifetime.

The mother of my daughter's closest friend was one of the children playing with Shannon that day she vanished. And I worked with Shannon's aunt for years. And then we had the whole Donna Walker fiasco several years back. It is the one case I hope to have solved in my lifetime.

I do not know of Donna, so I'll have to look into that. Eugene (Harvey) and that side of my family worked for decades at the Kokomo Tribune :) Very very small world.

OMG I just googled "donna walker" and I remember hearing about this via my mom! It's truly sick that someone would do something like that, where do these sociopaths come up with ideas like this? :(

So here's the follow-up.

I told my mom that we cannot find him listed on NAMUS, even with the confirmation email and his # given to us. She said "I dropped the ball weeks ago because my cousin still hasn't gotten back to me.". I'm assuming this cousin is the daughter of Eugene's last remaining sibling.

We really need to get the DNA sample from Sarah before there's virtually no way to identify him if he had been found.

In the meantime, can anyone go through the Doe's or unclaimed to help us? I really tend to think his body would have been found by now, given all the land development around where he went missing.

So here's the follow-up.

I told my mom that we cannot find him listed on NAMUS, even with the confirmation email and his # given to us. She said "I dropped the ball weeks ago because my cousin still hasn't gotten back to me.". I'm assuming this cousin is the daughter of Eugene's last remaining sibling.

We really need to get the DNA sample from Sarah before there's virtually no way to identify him if he had been found.

In the meantime, can anyone go through the Doe's or unclaimed to help us? I really tend to think his body would have been found by now, given all the land development around where he went missing.

Hi Astro,

I looked through the Doe Network's UID's for NM, these 2 are possible:

Skeletal remains found in '06:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1721umnm.html

Skeletal remains found in '07:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1340umnm.html

The first one linked above had a lot of healed broken bones, which could help rule him in or out pretty easily.

BTW, did you get my PM?

Hi Astro,

Do you know what his MOS was?

After ww2, the Soviets were scrambling to get their nuke program off the ground. Their 1st successful test was aug of '49, iirc (can you tell i'm a history buff?). It wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they kidnapped and murdered him for whatever he knew.

He was just a corporal, whatever he may have known could've easily be obtained via less conspicuous means.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back