9 year old girl accidentally shoots, kills instructor with Uzi in Arizona

After digging and doing some research, I have found some things interesting. I'm on my phone so I will try to post the links to the articles later.
1-the UZI was legal because it was manufactured before the automatic weapon ban (this sounds weird to me, so maybe the article had crappy sources and someone can confirm if this is true)

2-The instructor did everything wrong. He had too many bullets in the clip (i read that only 3 should be used for first time shooters) he should have had his hands on the gun at all times to take the recoil and he was standing in the wrong area (should have been behind her to the right, instead he was beside her to the left)

This case majorly disgusts me. I want to start by saying that while I may never own a gun, I don't care if others do as long as its legal and safe. I dont mind kids shooting as long as its legal and safe.
These parents went to a tourist attraction. THE NAME OF THE PLACE IN ITSELF TOTALLY GIVES IT AWAY! These people aren't advocating for safe gun practices, they are in it for the money.
Her parents wanted a cool YouTube video. IMO there is NO other reason for them visiting the range or recording the incident.
I wonder if this range has ever had any other "close calls" with inexperienced shooters? That little girl looked like she had never held a gun in her life. I haven't either and I doubt I would look as awkward as she did.
All of this is MO. I will try to find those links later.

I doubt anyone will agree with me but its bothering me that the news is saying she was "learning" to use the gun.

I doubt anyone will agree with me but its bothering me that the news is saying she was "learning" to use the gun.

it does bother me too, an uzi is a major, combat type firearm. where would a nine yr old need to use an uzi and in which kind of situation? yes is not army, not a fighter engaged in battle...
what were the responsible adults thinking?
and why the instructor agreed it was a good idea?
better stop here, i am in oz so different ideas re: gun ownership and gun control

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Its not that (well some of it is)
Its that she looked like she had never held a gun, they were at a tourist attraction on vacation. IMO she wasnt learning anything. She was being manipulated into shooting the gun by her parents.
I could be totally wrong in my thinking but I haven't seen anything saying she shot guns on a regular basis.

better stop here, i am in oz so different ideas re: gun ownership and gun control

I think you guys have the right idea. I don't see much use for automatic or semi-automatic weaponry.

Democracy Now did a piece on Newtown. Your Newtown. It was enlightening.

I think you guys have the right idea. I don't see much use for automatic or semi-automatic weaponry.

Democracy Now did a piece on Newtown. Your Newtown. It was enlightening.

newtown NSW? i used to live there for years! is just the innercity here, actually, i am heading there this arvo
could you please point me in the direction of that piece?

lupus est homini *advertiser censored*, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

I love how you appear to have taken something used for entertainment as well (they PAID to do this), and simply decided it is ONLY for killing.

What, so the entertainment has nothing to do with shooting people? Bullets and Burgers promotes itself as a desert military experience. For $1599 you can spend five hours learning how to be an "Elite combat sniper", all finished off with a burger, fries and soda of course :facepalm: The entertainment is the glorification of violence against people. I wouldn't let a 9 year old playing video games with machine guns and shooting people. The girl was aiming to shoot at a 'human' target - with a freakin Uzi!

I'm in Australia too and I can't even fathom how the numbers don't speak for themselves. What needs to happen for the US to take a good look at what is happening? Hasn't there already been enough?

Was this so she can join the Symbionese Liberation Army as a teen? :fear:

newtown NSW? i used to live there for years! is just the innercity here, actually, i am heading there this arvo
could you please point me in the direction of that piece?

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/12/18/new_town_to_newtown_how_96

thats the one I heard, then they put out a print article a couple days later...

http://www.democracynow.org/blog/20...ewtown_usa_will_new_thinking_lead_to_new_laws

This accident IS the perfect argument for gun control. Why do we let kids learn how to use guns? Why do we let the mentally ill get access to guns? It's bad enough that the average citizen has rights to guns to "stand their ground". I think only LE needs guns. We no longer need "well-regulated militias". Today's society was NOT the intention of the founding fathers when they created the 2nd amendment. And this is my opinion. I made my husband give up his guns when he moved in with me!

In 20 yrs , our guns have been used to kill exactly 4 times, OUTSIDE of hunting *( and yes they eat the food they hunt). DH has killed 2 rabid skunks and DS has killed 2 snakes. He was 18 yrs old when he killed the snakes, btw. That to me is the reason for having guns and we did not need an UZI to do it. An UZI screams ' military only' in my opinion and with the new smart weapons coming out all the time, I'm not sure how long something like an uzi will be ' needed' anywhere on earth.

Question for anyone who knows the answer. The only time I see uzi action is in movies :p . When someone fires one their arms move side to side as well as their upper body. I have always assumed that was to ' spray the bullets' across whatever they're shooting at. But now I am wondering if that movement is because the gun is moving them and that's the only way to literally ' go with the flow' of the gun's recoil ? If that is so, then a child using one is ridiculous !

ETA A child using one is ridiculous no matter what , but seems even more INSANE if the gun's movements move adult males like I described above.

Forced to watch crucifixions, stonings and beheadings and taught to fire machine guns as big as they are: How Islamic State training camps for children are swelling its ranks with junior jihadis

Forced to watch crucifixions, stonings and beheadings and taught to fire machine guns as big as they are: How Islamic State training camps for children are swelling
its ranks with junior jihadi

this from the Daily Mail (UK)

In 20 yrs , our guns have been used to kill exactly 4 times, OUTSIDE of hunting *( and yes they eat the food they hunt). DH has killed 2 rabid skunks and DS has killed 2 snakes. He was 18 yrs old when he killed the snakes, btw. That to me is the reason for having guns and we did not need an UZI to do it. An UZI screams ' military only' in my opinion and with the new smart weapons coming out all the time, I'm not sure how long something like an uzi will be ' needed' anywhere on earth.

Question for anyone who knows the answer. The only time I see uzi action is in movies :p . When someone fires one their arms move side to side as well as their upper body. I have always assumed that was to ' spray the bullets' across whatever they're shooting at. But now I am wondering if that movement is because the gun is moving them and that's the only way to literally ' go with the flow' of the gun's recoil ? If that is so, then a child using one is ridiculous !

ETA A child using one is ridiculous no matter what , but seems even more INSANE if the gun's movements move adult males like I described above.

I'm not sure there's any real contemporary use for an Uzi (except perhaps among drive by shooters), most developed country armies don't use them, I imagine because that level of recoil (and thus difficulty with control) isn't considered an asset in a combat situation.

I'm not sure there's any real contemporary use for an Uzi (except perhaps among drive by shooters), most developed country armies don't use them, I imagine because that level of recoil (and thus difficulty with control) isn't considered an asset in a combat situation.

Is this so ? I clearly do not pay attention that much. So they are more of a weapon of yesteryear and now used by renegades and rebel groups and ' poor ' countries' armies? Maybe because the other nations used to use them and now do not, so there are plenty available as ' used ' weapons no one wants anymore and poor countries and rebel groups can afford them ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back