FL FL - DeLand, Male Skeletal UP12776, 18-25, in Garbage Bag, Mar'14

When my mom decked out our camper she made the sheets because standard sheets did not fit.

Disappointing that not even the gender has been determined, or the height either. Rather surprising. :waitasec::waiting:

I posted this on the other thread, but if the bones had been burned and broken up, that would damage the DNA and obscure the markers they use for things like height, gender, etc. Exposure to chemicals (wrapped in lime maybe?) might do the same thing, but I'm not sure.

Ok, so if these remains belong to HE, the court order would keep anybody from knowing? I guess the Florida investigators could say anything they wanted, but may not out of courtesy. I would hope this would not be the case.

Stupid question but are dentals automatically compared on namus? Or is that manually done?

The reason I ask is because I was thinking about this case and thought I remembered someone in the Holly Bobo case having a link to florida. I did some quick googling and saw that a person arrested with zach Adams just days before Holly went missing has ties to volusia, FL which is just a short distance from Deland. According to google maps it's just 15 miles.

There is a means in the NamUs system to compare MP dentals to UP Dentals. But from what I understand, the case manager needs to run a list manually.

I don't think it constantly runs and spits out a hit without any inquiry from the user, like CODIS does.

Thanks so much Carlk! I am not sure they need any submissions but a part of me wants to just throw Holly Bobo's name in the hat although I know it's unlikely.

There is a means in the NamUs system to compare MP dentals to UP Dentals. But from what I understand, the case manager needs to run a list manually.

I don't think it constantly runs and spits out a hit without any inquiry from the user, like CODIS does.

Huh? I thought that NamUs automatically does a check every week or two to look for any matches? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere here in the UID forum.

The reason I ask is because I was thinking about this case and thought I remembered someone in the Holly Bobo case having a link to florida. I did some quick googling and saw that a person arrested with zach Adams just days before Holly went missing has ties to volusia, FL which is just a short distance from Deland. According to google maps it's just 15 miles.

Deland is located within Volusia County. Or did you mean the ties he had were 15 miles away?
Interesting and thanks.

Well it just shows he was arrested in volusia, so perhaps it's even closer? I'm not good at finding records so maybe someone could narrow the city down?

According to Wikipedia it's an unincorporated community within volusia county. Not sure what that means though!

Unincorporated usually means it isn't legally an entity, but it might appear on maps and stuff. Yeah, outside any city limits.

Well it's clearly not Holly Bobo, but who is this poor person? I really hope this is resolved soon and we find out who this poor soul is and they can be properly put to rest.

Well it's clearly not Holly Bobo, but who is this poor person? I really hope this is resolved soon and we find out who this poor soul is and they can be properly put to rest.

Well I've never thought it was Holly Bobo anyway but I do think it has a high probability of being Heather Elvis due to the location of the remains and the Mickey Mouse sheets.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back