IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%. Not sure about Newburgh, but yeah- the Ohio River is the most obvious place to hide a car and a person.

I also still want to know if the long-term parking at EVV and nearby larger airports (Indy, Louisville) has been checked. If she was abducted, someone could have taken her car there and left it to give the impression that she left on her own.

The Long Term parking Lot at EVV was bigger than I had time for today. Im going to look tomorrow Morning.. I can't even imagine looking for the car at a large airport, because there were several hundred cars at this small regional airport.

I am just beginning to look at this case here on WS, but it is helpful for the family and friend's for the missing to have fund raisers (if they can), to help out with all of the expenses associated with searching for the missing. I know that the ground searchers are always so appreciative when they are thought of, even if only having granola bars and water given to them.

I wonder if this can be viewed on line?

Most of the interview was about the emotional side of what they go through. Kristys mom looks like this is all surreal. I feel they havent gotten any info yet. Heathers mom advised her to get a 800tip line that tips go to the family asap. She also said to set up a reward.Heathers mom wants someone to tell her where to find her daughter. Send a map. Do it annonously. She doesnt care about criminal charges. Just wants to bring her daughter home.

The interview should be online later. Its Brad Byrd Indepth segment.It should be on tristate news site.

Most of the interview was about the emotional side of what they go through. Kristys mom looks like this is all surreal. I feel they havent gotten any info yet. Heathers mom advised her to get a 800tip line that tips go to the family asap. She also said to set up a reward.Heathers mom wants someone to tell her where to find her daughter. Send a map. Do it annonously. She doesnt care about criminal charges. Just wants to bring her daughter home.

Thanks, "concernedmother." I so feel for them...incredibly sad. :(

I can't help thinking she had become involved with a man and had not told her friends about him as she knew they would not approve, or they did know and did not approve. Yet nothing of that sort has come out and nothing from her phone that we know of. A random perp just seems so unlikely at that hour, place, size of town, etc.

Just unreal her car is still missing...that is what keeps me from ruling out some bizarre accident. But it sure seems as though LE has done some serious searching.

Maybe she had a secret phone/Tracfone?

I agree-- If she had a "friend" that was on the hush that could be a likely suspect but cellphone would likely reveal such. A throw away phone possible, but would be unlikely IMO.

Im a mom and a gm and watching these parents who have kids missing just rips your heart out. I cant imagine a greater hell to go through.:(

Hi concernedmother. Thank you for the info. Just wondering though, did you mean to write "Joelle's (Lockwood) Mom" rather than "Heather's"?

Hi concernedmother. Thank you for the info. Just wondering though, did you mean to write "Joelle's (Lockwood) Mom" rather than "Heather's"?

No. It was Heathers mom. I accidently said Joelles mom earlier. I guess because both of them are in the news lately. Sorry for the confusion.

This case is draining me. I guess it because its so close to home and having a family member that knew Kristy. She is heart broken. Probably all the locals are going through alot of emotions. I just feel so much disbelief right now that her car hasnt been found.

Can't believe that something as big as her SUV hasn't even been found yet, let alone her or any of her belongings.

Where you do hide a vehicle that size? In water, in a barn, a garage, in a storage unit, in a thicket of woods or trees on private property. It may have gone to a chop shop and is in little pieces now.

No clothing, no wallet/purse, no jewelry or anything. She didn't just vanish. She's somewhere. Even that creep Castro comes to mind. Stranger things have happened.

They need to send sonar into the Ohio River if they have not done so already.

People often concentrate on the local area but when a vehicle is involved a person could be anywhere including Canada or Mexico. That's a lot of area to cover.

Thank you for the link.

The video was absolutely heartbreaking. Kristy's mom looks so incredibly exhausted. I'm so glad she was able to meet Heather's mom. Heather's mom is so strong to have gone this long without knowing where her daughter is. I can't even begin to imagine their pain. :(

This case is draining me too. I had so much hope in the beginning that she would be found quickly and as the time ticks by, I just don't know what to think. I didn't think it would take this long to find her car honestly. I thought this case would be resolved rather quickly (and with a happy ending). Instead, I am checking my phone constantly for updates and at this point, trying to have hope.

I can't help thinking she had become involved with a man and had not told her friends about him as she knew they would not approve, or they did know and did not approve. Yet nothing of that sort has come out and nothing from her pho
ne that we know of. A random perp just seems so unlikely at that hour, place, size of town, etc.

Just unreal her car is still missing...that is what keeps me from ruling out some bizarre accident. But it sure seems as though LE has done some serious searching.

Maybe she had a secret phone/Tracfone?

Regarding your bringing up the possibility of a romantic interest in her life -- I have a question to ask about that. In post #228, there's a link (provided by "concernedmother") of that Byrd interview with Kristy's Dad. THAT'S the one I saw (thanks, "cm,") when I did my long post regarding her cellphone and referred to viewing something, somewhere about her parents seeing Kristy before she left that evening. Her parents saw her leave from their house at about 5 p.m., per her Dad's recollection, from that Byrd interview...

At the very beginning of the Byrd interview, they discuss what the Dad said/asked Kristy before she went out...one thing the father asked her was if she would be home that evening. I never really understood why he asked her that question because: 1) she lives with them 2) she had to start work early the next day and 3) if her kids were at her ex-husband's house, it did not make sense to me that she would stay overnight there.

So I just did not get why he asked that, which is why I tacked on to this post. All I could think (about her Dad's question) was that maybe she sometimes stayed at a boyfriend's house. I am not trying to start up a rumor here -- just really asking if that question to Kristy makes sense, in some other way, to anyone. Sure, she could stay at a girlfriend's house (or I guess the "couple" she was apparently out with), but that just seemed really impractical, as she would have to have her work clothes, makeup and etc., unless she would come home right before work to get ready, which just seems like too much trouble.

But I didn't know if that question was her Dad's polite way of asking her if she was staying over at a boyfriend's (or his discreet way of not revealing boyfriend info by how he phrased it in the interview) -- or if someone reads it differently.

It did not appear (to me) that the Dad was joking around with her, and I just went back to replay it -- it seemed to me he was very sincere in wanting to know where she'd be. I have not read anything about a boyfriend though, and nobody local on here has mentioned it...but if she did have one, it seems a little odd that he was not with her at the bar, but there could be several reasons for that, like he didn't want to be out that late, etc. In the Mom's interview with Byrd, she expressed something about Kristy needing to be home to get sleep before work, so it did not appear (from that snippet) that Kristy is the type to stay out all night and then quickly come home to get ready for work (plus she was working a double shift).

But her Dad DID ask Kristy that question, so not sure what to make of it.
:confused:

I log in here every morning, hoping to see the thread name changed to : found safe.
Where are you Kristy?

Thank you for the link.

The video was absolutely heartbreaking. Kristy's mom looks so incredibly exhausted. I'm so glad she was able to meet Heather's mom. Heather's mom is so strong to have gone this long without knowing where her daughter is. I can't even begin to imagine their pain. :(

This case is draining me too. I had so much hope in the beginning that she would be found quickly and as the time ticks by, I just don't know what to think. I didn't think it would take this long to find her car honestly. I thought this case would be resolved rather quickly (and with a happy ending). Instead, I am checking my phone constantly for updates and at this point, trying to have hope.

:grouphug:

Regarding your bringing up the possibility of a romantic interest in her life -- I have a question to ask about that. In post #228, there's a link (provided by "concernedmother") of that Byrd interview with Kristy's Dad. THAT'S the one I saw (thanks, "cm,") when I did my long post regarding her cellphone and referred to viewing something, somewhere about her parents seeing Kristy before she left that evening. Her parents saw her leave from their house at about 5 p.m., per her Dad's recollection, from that Byrd interview...

At the very beginning of the Byrd interview, they discuss what the Dad said/asked Kristy before she went out...one thing the father asked her was if she would be home that evening. I never really understood why he asked her that question because: 1) she lives with them 2) she had to start work early the next day and 3) if her kids were at her ex-husband's house, it did not make sense to me that she would stay overnight there.

So I just did not get why he asked that, which is why I tacked on to this post. All I could think (about her Dad's question) was that maybe she sometimes stayed at a boyfriend's house. I am not trying to start up a rumor here -- just really asking if that question to Kristy makes sense, in some other way, to anyone. Sure, she could stay at a girlfriend's house (or I guess the "couple" she was apparently out with), but that just seemed really impractical, as she would have to have her work clothes, makeup and etc., unless she would come home right before work to get ready, which just seems like too much trouble.

But I didn't know if that question was her Dad's polite way of asking her if she was staying over at a boyfriend's (or his discreet way of not revealing boyfriend info by how he phrased it in the interview) -- or if someone reads it differently.

It did not appear (to me) that the Dad was joking around with her, and I just went back to replay it -- it seemed to me he was very sincere in wanting to know where she'd be. I have not read anything about a boyfriend though, and nobody local on here has mentioned it...but if she did have one, it seems a little odd that he was not with her at the bar, but there could be several reasons for that, like he didn't want to be out that late, etc. In the Mom's interview with Byrd, she expressed something about Kristy needing to be home to get sleep before work, so it did not appear (from that snippet) that Kristy is the type to stay out all night and then quickly come home to get ready for work (plus she was working a double shift).

But her Dad DID ask Kristy that question, so not sure what to make of it.
:confused:

We often ask this of our 21 year old son, due to the fact that if he's out with friends and they have a DD sometimes he stays at his friends house instead of making them bring him all the way home. So it could be something as innocent as that, or a boyfriend too.

Glancing at a map I did see a body of water which I presume is a large strip pit, but I didn't zoom all the way in. I'd like to walk around google earth to follow her most probable route, and see if it would have brought her near one of those pits.

Thanks Bessie for the map. Do you think her most probable route took her near one of the pits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle