Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

I think that when the TBI downplayed the idea that this is Bobo, it was simply a statement of fact and not an attempt to manage expectations. This discovery may have nothing to do with Holly Bobo.

In Decatur Co alone, Holly is only one of 3 that they are looking for. And this skull site is right at the intersection of 4 counties, so for geographical proximity it could as easily have been a case of a missing deceased from Benton, Carroll, or Henderson county. If each county has 3 missing of their own, that makes it better than a 90% chance it is NOT Holly, and certainly nothing limits it from being a farther-away case.

As I understood the Sheriff there are TWO people missing and one of them is Holly - so that makes a total of 2 - Who are these other missing people from these other 3 counties? That is a lot of missing people for this area. Do you know this for a fact? (My family lives in that area and I find that hard to believe.)

So according to my figures - that makes it a 50% chance that this IS Holly - time will tell. JMO

Who are these other missing people from these other 3 counties? That is a lot of missing people for this area. Do you know this for a fact? (My family lives in that area and I find that hard to believe.)

So you are saying that people can ONLY be missing from Decatur County, and not from elsewhere? That is what I find hard to believe, the idea that this could only have been from one county and not the others surrounding the crime scene. IMO too much is being read into the fact that the body was discovered on the edge of one county, with the thinking that it somehow has to link up to a person from that same county. It's not like there's some guard posted at the county lines keeping crime scenes and body dumps contained within the county where the person lived.

In time, we'll find out.

Are there any caves in that area? If the condition of the skull indicates it wasn't buried at one time, could it have been in a cave at one time, with the rest of the remains, and then scavenged by wild animals?

*Supposing* this skull does belong to Holly, I'm thinking of ZA's threat to his brother saying he would end up in the hole next to her. If the "hole" ZA alluded to isn't a grave dug out of the ground, perhaps it's a cave. MOO

So many tragic ironies in the Holly Bobo abduction/murder.. At the Easter Sunday 04/24/2011 sunrise service, only a few days after her abduction. The Bobo's pastor compared the tragedy to the Parsons, TN, community's 09/11/2001. Here we are only three days before the 13th anniversary of the attack on the NY twin towers' 09/11/2001, and another elusive missing piece/shar of the shattered vase may have been located.
It has been a very long three and a half years since HB's abduction. Seems that sleuthing abductions are more often a marathon rather than a sprint. With months, or possibly even years ahead before Holly and the Bobo family receive answers, justice, and a semblance of closure. Hopefully peace and tranquility will eventually return to the Parson's & west TN community...

Bring Holly Home by Kevin Medlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gifeX4cw5dQ

Easter Search Holly Bobo-Parsons TN 04/23 & 24/2011
http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs...OTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=104240801&Ref=PH&Item=0

http://www.waterburyobserver.org/node/402
Shattered Vase - missing shar...

http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/new...of-Human-Remains-In-Decatur-Co-274270001.html

Update with aerial photos & map... (Video)
Human Remains Found Near Former Holly Bobo Search Site

CREATED Sep 7, 2014 - UPDATED: Sep 8, 2014 | 6:40 AM

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26469884/...county-has-not-been-linked-to-holly-bobo-case

(WSMV TV4 Video-Helicopter fly over aerial views)
Sheriff: Human remains discovered; no confirmed link to Holly Bobo case

Posted: Sep 07, 2014 6:00 PM EDT
Updated: Sep 08, 2014 7:51 AM EDT

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo)
by Heather Cohen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0BkJQM-ZPY

Checking in for any updates. Was curious if any more remains were found. How long does it typically take for human remains to be identified?? TIA

NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 20m
A skull found in a wooded area in Decatur County will be tested at the TBI Crime Lab in Memphis.

Checking in for any updates. Was curious if any more remains were found. How long does it typically take for human remains to be identified?? TIA

Sheriff (last night) stated 3 days to get an answer.

It's going to seem like three years to the family and friends (and us) waiting for the results but yes in DNA time, that is fast. I'm sure they are going to work very hard to figure out who this is in the fastest time possible.

I hope they find the rest of the remains today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any caves in that area? If the condition of the skull indicates it wasn't buried at one time, could it have been in a cave at one time, with the rest of the remains, and then scavenged by wild animals?

*Supposing* this skull does belong to Holly, I'm thinking of ZA's threat to his brother saying he would end up in the hole next to her. If the "hole" ZA alluded to isn't a grave dug out of the ground, perhaps it's a cave. MOO

My guess would be a shallow grave likely disturbed by scavengers or flash flooding, Indy Anna . The larger bones such as the clavicle, skull, etc., are usually the last bones consumed by scavengers, imo..

O/T... But...

There is a possibility that DNA from the this skull found in TN will determine ID in approximately 3 days...

I am wondering, then, why the remains found in Florida with the Micky Mouse sheet is taking so very long to be determined whether it is Heather Elvis or not... It has been months....

:dunno:... And ... JMO...

O/T... But...

There is a possibility that DNA from the this skull found in TN will determine ID in approximately 3 days...

I am wondering, then, why the remains found in Florida with the Micky Mouse sheet is taking so very long to be determined whether it is Heather Elvis or not... It has been months....

:dunno:... And ... JMO...

Horry County SC Judge's gag order, imo..

Horry County SC Judge's gag order, imo..

Thanks, Foxfire...

Wow! Gag order trumps ID of deceased...

What if the remains belong to someone other than Heather... Doesn't THAT family (who is not bound by a gag order) deserve to know who the remains belong to?

I am puzzled....:waitasec:

My guess would be a shallow grave likely disturbed by scavengers or flash flooding, Indy Anna . The larger bones such as the clavicle, skull, etc., are usually the last bones consumed by scavengers, imo..

Yes, I agree. Most scavengers in that area would be animals like birds, coyotes, raccoons, or opossums, and not big enough to carry off a skull. So I was thinking the rest of bones might be scattered while the skull stayed in the original place - near the trail/road where the body was probably dumped. I'm not sure they would bother to bury her except maybe under the leaves, but that's just my gut feeling.

I think the theories about water might have validity too. It has been an extremely rainy year here in TN, and those dirt trails appear to go uphill, so water would be running downhill. There could also be dry-bed creeks in the area and the body might have washed out of a ravine.

They will probably go over that whole area with a grid search, looking for things like shotgun shells, cigarette butts or beer cans - anything that might be evidence, although after all this time it would take a miracle to find something of value. If they can just find her clothing, that would be something.

Yes, I agree. Most scavengers in that area would be animals like birds, coyotes, raccoons, or opossums, and not big enough to carry off a skull. So I was thinking the rest of bones might be scattered while the skull stayed in the original place - near the trail/road where the body was probably dumped. I'm not sure they would bother to bury her except maybe under the leaves, but that's just my gut feeling.

I think the theories about water might have validity too. It has been an extremely rainy year here in TN, and those dirt trails appear to go uphill, so water would be running downhill. There could also be dry-bed creeks in the area and the body might have washed out of a ravine.

They will probably go over that whole area with a grid search, looking for things like shotgun shells, cigarette butts or beer cans - anything that might be evidence, although after all this time it would take a miracle to find something of value. If they can just find her clothing, that would be something.

I imagine if any of her jewelry is found.. That would be key, too...

JMO...

"The skull was discovered on private property just off County Corner Road by two hunters from Benton County who were out searching for the herb ginseng.“It was partially buried in leaves, but you could see enough of it to tell that it was indeed a human skull,” Sheriff Byrd said. “There wasn't anything there but bone.”

He said the skull would soon be tested for possible DNA or matching dental records."

http://www.wkrn.com/story/26469654/human-skull-found-near-home-of-suspect-in-death-of-holly-bobo

Oh my goodness...fingers crossed this will be dear HB. Her family deserves to have answers, and I hope this really lights a fire under those sitting in jails butts if it is indeed HB.

I'm on pins and needles, I can't imagine what the Bobo family is feeling.

Kind of grotesque question, but, does anyone know how long it would take a human skull to decomp all the flesh and tissue (basically just leaving bone) if-there was no animal interference? I realize out in the forest there most definitely were animals helping the decomp process; but I was just wondering about telling the length of time that bone might have been out there. If they can tell it has been out there at least 3 years, I would think that might help in identifying/or eliminating a missing person who ha been gone less time than Holly. Just a random thought I had. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back