GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #3

I just want to comment on the "homebodies" part mentioned by the sister. That to me doesn't mean that they weren't using. If anything it more solidifies it. They would want to lounge around and stay in their rooms if they were high on H.
It means they were using but no one knew maybe Sal did but parents were not aware

I know this is slightly off topic, but I just came upon this case and had a bit of a read. All I have to say is: holy heck there are a lot of people on drugs in our modern society and all over the world. It really is in epidemic proportions and to me is THE biggest problem the human race is facing....even more so than the wars that are happening at the moment. The amount of lives that are being affected by drugs is enormous, not only the druggos themselves, but the abused and neglected kids, the parents, the victims of the crimes because of drugs. Very scary...

The phone was shut off after he lost contact with Mario in one of the warrants a woman said a private number called her and hung up and somehow Sal received a text after the shootings I think he used the phone to lure them after shooting Gianni and he probably used the app Caller ID faker I use it to troll my friends you can call any number from any number. I wonder how late tilted kilt was open and buffalo wild wings I remember the mall being open late I just don't remember which stores and how late

Buffalo Wild Wings (the former Seau's restaurant) is open til 2 a.m. everyday, according to the current web site:
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/locations/Detail/0476

On Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, Tilted Kilt would have been open til midnight, according to the current web site:
http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/missionvalley/

I am beginning to disbelieve anything I hear or read in this case. Frustrating, because I care about these 3 'kids'!

I am beginning to disbelieve anything I hear or read in this case. Frustrating, because I care about these 3 'kids'!
Me too and if drugs were not involved they will still be labeled as junkies

If Gianni or Illona were the targets, CM must not have known their full names, IMO. Otherwise, he would have checked out their photos on Facebook. There was no trace or connection to the victims on his computer, apparently.

Maybe CM wanted to kidnap Ilona and he planned to take out Gianni first. Sal shows up and CM demands his keys so he can kidnap Ilona. When she starts dialing 911, he has to kill her on the spur of the moment.

I don't think he knew Ilona, other than remotely as Gianni's fiance. He worked at Mira Mesa Target, not at Westfield Mall as was previously reported, and his search for the Westfield Mall address indicates he was unfamiliar with the location.

I think Gianni was the target, that he was killed after his phone call to cousin Mario ended (11:43 p.m.) and before CM approached Ilona (12:12 p.m.). CM's phone records (4 phones were confiscated) were not released in the warrants, but he made at least one call after his encounter with Ilona. This was observed in surveillance video and prompted the "tower dump" in search of cell phone activity in the vicinity, concentrating on multiple calls made from CP-1. CM was not a suspect at the time, so it's possible the initial search deemed unsuccessful, was found valuable later, in connection with CM's phone call to a co-conspirator who was on the look-out in the driver's seat of Gianni's car. The person identified was most likely CM, getting in the passenger side of a car similar to Gianni's, possibly using the passenger door to enter the back seat while Gianni lay dead in front. I believe that Gianni was misidentified by the two Macy's employees, and it was actually CM they saw. CM'S height, weight and complexion are a better match to their description.

Question is . . . why would CM hang out in the parking lot for 1 1/2 hours? I can't find it now, but remember reading about a text message from Sal to Gianni in this time frame, content was never revealed. Sal's phone was never recovered. This, with phone calls Ilona made to hospitals and county jail, indicates she and Sal had cause to worry about Gianni, and likely hold the key to a motive that has LE, family and everyone else mystified.

It appears CM was "lying in wait", perhaps worried that Ilona knew too much, not about him as she gave no indication she recognized him, but a co-conspirator who killed Gianni, moved him to the passenger seat found saturated with his blood, and drove to Riverside after CM killed Sal and Ilona. This supports LE's theory that CM did not act alone.

I don't believe CM had a relationship with the three victims, but was on "assignment" for reasons unknown but likely drug/money/gun related. In search of Mira Mesa Filipino gangs, I found disturbing information that attests to violence and illegal activities that plague our streets. While it appears Asian/Pacific Islander gangs are not as territorial as others, there are some who glorify their violent reign of territory.

January 1, 2014:
"A 37-year-old man was stabbed in the arm early Wednesday during a fight at a party in Mira Mesa attended by members of rival gangs, a police officer said. After the victim was stabbed shortly after 1 a.m., his girlfriend tried to drive him from the party on Worthing Avenue near Westmore Road to a hospital."

Dec. 13, 2011:
"Two men were stabbed on Saturday in a fight that broke that involved 10 people, some of whom were reportedly gang members, at a Mira Mesa restaurant. A 2008 or 2009 Honda Civic sedan arrived with five occupants, who identified themselves as gang members."

Rather than rival, some gangs collaborate and profit in illegal activities like distribution of narcotics and weapons.

October 15, 2012:
"Law enforcement officials said Wednesday they had dismantled a drug and gun trafficking ring that involved members of *13 different gangs and resulted in what is believed to be the biggest single-day weapons seizure in San Diego County. A coalition of local, state and federal agents arrested more than three dozen people, most with gang affiliations or membership, and seized 60 weapons at the culmination of a two-year investigation dubbed "Crystal Palace." The number includes 33 guns found during raids of homes and storage facilities in Spring Valley, Lomita Village and Mira Mesa. Among the guns found during the latest raids were numerous assault rifles, including AR-15 magazine-fed, semiautomatic rifles."

* that includes TINY ORIENTAL CRIPS (TOC), also in Riverside County. They feud with ORIENTAL BOY SOLDIERS (OBS).

I don't want to post pix or make a false ID, but open this link and see if you recognize anyone.
http://619gangs.blogspot.com/2013/07/oriental-boy-soldiers.html

6th pic down, aqua-brimmed cap?

I think the reference to the text from Sal's phone to Gianni's was in one of the warrants, didn't it come in at 1:30 a.m.? I'd have to go back through them to be sure. Very good post, Obmama.

Yup!

I compared to recent pix of CM in court and the resemblance is striking.

I don't think it's him. The guy in the photo is wearing studs in his ears. It doesn't look like CM's ears have ever been pierced based on the photos I've seen.

Edit - Never mind. Maybe those are ear buds?? Pretty big to be studs.

According to a few sources the motive the prosecution will be going for is: "Drugs were not involved and Mercado was a wannabe hitman"

I agree. Not one person close to CM made a statement in his defense. Nothing was revealed about relationships, family ties, social activities or people he associated with. His attorneys described him as a "gun aficionado" and "soft spoken". Warrants uncovered his fascination with assassinations.

Was anyone at his court hearings to support him? Does he call anyone? Does anyone visit, email him or put money on his books? No girlfriend, no friends, no one willing to identify with him? This speaks volumes . . . his homies ain't gonna put their a$$es on the line.

His greasy uncombed hair and sullen expression make him look sloppy and unkempt. Appearances are vital to a suspect's claim of innocence and many attorneys "clean em up" and "dress em up"to present a positive image. I have to laugh when I see thugs sporting a geek look, with horn-rimmed glasses and an expression of innocence. CM doesn't seem willing to make an effort.

Each court appearance he looks worse, and so does his attitude. There's no show of emotion, no concern to defend himself . . . you won't see him fighting for the witness stand when he won't fight for his own life.

The code of silence.

I don't think it's him. The guy in the photo is wearing studs in his ears. It doesn't look like CM's ears have ever been pierced based on the photos I've seen.

I noticed that too, even looked for holes in his ears! No sign of tattoos either. It may just be mistaken identity, but "a look" he bears that one can't ignore.

I noticed that too, even looked for holes in his ears! No sign of tattoos either. It may just be mistaken identity, but "a look" he bears that one can't ignore.

I initially thought they were big (fake) diamond studs, the guy next to him and the one at the end of the row wear similar earrings don't look like those big ones that stretch big holes in your ears.

Yeah, maybe.

Long hands and fingers in that picture with the hat. Couldn't see his hands in the court room.

That was a really good find Obmama, I don't know why it surprises me that gangs would gave blogs but yet it does. lol

Speaking of his hands, I saved that pic from the google search of his address (face of man and dog g-blurred) but you can see them in the pic:

possibleMercado.jpg

Yeah, maybe.

Long hands and fingers in that picture with the hat. Couldn't see his hands in the court room.

Wow, they sure are. When I thought there was nothing else to do here, I found a new assignment analyzing hand images. Good sleuthing!

Speaking of his hands, I saved that pic from the google search of his address (face of man and dog g-blurred) but you can see them in the pic:

View attachment 58428

Thanks. I hadn't seen this one. I only browsed this site before CM was named a suspect. Maybe I should go back and review posts that have renewed relevance.

He seems much thinner. I suppose protective custody in the psychiatric ward makes meal time a celebration. I also found a resemblance in the bottom photo of the gang link, it's blurry but "the eyes" of one person struck me the first time I saw it - possibly a thinner and younger version.

Missed the boat! You mean "ear buds" to listen to an IPOD. Good call, it renews my credibility!

Thanks, geevee, as you just happened to have a pix. Amazing people here with sharp minds.

From what I can see of the hands, it's still looking possible. There's only some doubt about the thumb.

And obmama, you are still very credible, ear buds or not. :smile: I get a lot out of your posts to think about. Thanks.

That was a really good find Obmama, I don't know why it surprises me that gangs would gave blogs but yet it does. lol

It helps LE solve gang related crimes! They engage in keyboard commando, and if you can decipher the code, they implicate themselves. A successful criminal has tight lips, these fools can't keep their mouths shut. I got the heebie jeebies looking them up, hopefully they don't have a Geek Squad IDing my location!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back