Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect this outcome only can work if you are a star or sports hero in SA.

If you are just a regular person, with no fame whatsoever, and not a hero to many, you won't get the same outcome as OP.

Just as I suspected last night.

Masipa has queued it up so she can let OP go without any jail time. Just watch....

I suspect this outcome only can work if you are a star or sports hero in SA.

If you are just a regular person, with no fame whatsoever, and not a hero to many, you won't get the same outcome as OP.

So basically if I decided to murder my ex I should not plan to take a South African vacation with him to carry out the criminal act?

It's with all this in mind I'll be following the Dewani trial in SA starting soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

re: count 4
the ammo was found in his safe.
what did the state have to prove?

does an accused now just have to use the defence is that it was your father's, and he has a key?

He said it was his fathers, and dad didnt write submit an affidavit--yet the state somehow didnt prove it. Even though he had it in his safe in his home.

I think she didnt want to give him the guilty verdicts on the earlier stuff, because that would demand longer sentence on CH.

I think OP will still have trouble getting into certain countries like the USA as they have stricter Visa rules these days and the UK has some kind of persona non grata rule tool

Sure, but scrutinizing sometimes squeezes the truth OUT of the details. Imo, some of her suppositions and assumptions make no sense. Some of the reasons given, for why OP's 'version' is being accepted seem wrong, imo. Just because he screamed and cried and asked for help, that means his version is the truth? Hasn't she ever watched the First 48?

It has become clear to me that the judge knows nothing about domestic abuse and violence, not in the terms of this kind of relationship .. in the UK, it would be considered as classic, case book DV .. they are clearly quite behind in SA in understanding how abusive relationships work, and sadly they will not be able to use this case as something to learn by and to educate themselves more about it. Hopefully June will be able to do something more positive, via the charity set up in Reeva's name .. all I can say is that anyone who has been disappointed by the verdict, does something positive by supporting Reeva's charity .. at least we can then feel we are doing something to counter this travesty of justice.

Lessons for today:

4 shots are reasonable
Telling lies doesn't make you a bad witness, it makes you believable
Committing crime in SA is super easy and not punishable

Ultimate jawdropping lesson - Actual blueprint for murder, Judge Masipa states you can shoot your spouse, or anyone, in the dark over your bed.

andrew harding ✔ @BBCAndrewH
Judge moves on to 2nd count, having failed to spell out culpable homicide verdict, but clearly implied it. Tantalising suspense.
3:17 AM - 12 Sep 2014

Tantalising suspense - good for TV series, but not really what trials are supposed to be about!

Sure, but scrutinizing sometimes squeezes the truth OUT of the details. Imo, some of her suppositions and assumptions make no sense. Some of the reasons given, for why OP's 'version' is being accepted seem wrong, imo. Just because he screamed and cried and asked for help, that means his version is the truth? Hasn't she ever watched the First 48?

Exactly, But then again according to him 'everything was fine' as Reeva lay breathing her last on the stone cold tiles.

I feel so sorry for them .. I was looking at Gina just now, she is so upset .. as must be all Reeva's friends and family just now, especially June and Barry (although they won't show it openly). Bless them all, and Reeva .. justice has not been served here. I hope that Reeva comes to OP in his dreams every night, and that she eventually destroys him. Sadly though, OP is the type of killer who is not affected by his actions, or by the person he killed in such a disgusting way. He still manages to go out partying .. what a sick man he is, he needs to be locked up for the protection of the rest of society and other women who will be taken in by him.

Somehow I do not think that Oscar Pistorius is going to make 'old bones'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak