VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so Police statement said "a witness" gave the description

And why no video?
Where is this location?
From Skigirl: Sal's is on the 200 block, and the jeweler is at 311. A little further down it looks (google says) like YMS Clothiers, Timberlake's Drug Store, Lee-Jackson Foundation, Simins Custom Sewing, Lynne Goldman Elements, Boutique, Eppie's The Nook among others

Quoting myself to say... okay, so evidently they ARE going on the witness' word about this POI, so they must find it credible.

Perhaps the witness is seen on footage again after he stopped following her, hanging around by himself at the mall and sitting on a bench. Or even footage of him getting in his car and leaving somewhere? I agree they are taking his story pretty seriously considering they haven't yet been able to corroborate the part about the other black male.

Can't wait until they get those bank tapes.

Before the videos came out there was a witness that came forward saying she was near downtown mall around 1am. I don't know if it is the guy in the video or another person.

I don't think we can discount the idea that this mystery guy fits the description of MH's abductor.
I also don't think we can discount the idea that any person who gave the description would certainly have had time to do a google search on MH's abductor and come up with a matching story.

Agreed. I'm definitely not discounting any of those ideas. MH's case is very well known, and it would be convenient for a potential perp to place to blame on someone with her killer's description since he is unknown as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps he is seen on footage again, hanging around by himself at the mall and sitting on a bench. Or even footage of him getting in his car and leaving somewhere? I agree they are taking his story pretty seriously considering they haven't yet been able to corroborate the part about the other black male.

Can't wait until they get those bank tapes.

Good point that just because they don't have video of him WITH her, doesn't mean they don't have video of him at all.

can we move off of the"meeting the drug dealer" topic........there is nothing in any of her SM or from friends etc that would even suggest drug use...now back to the POI..he should stick out like a sore thumb in videos and there should be witnesses who were out and about that night who saw the videos and remember this guy,imo.

I hope this will clarify for some:

"The description of the person of interest emerged after surveillance videos showed a man following Graham early Saturday morning. The man told police that he was following Graham because she appeared "physically distressed" and he was trying to help her.

The man also told police that he stopped following Graham when he she met a second man that she seemed to know and put his arm around her, according to police.

[snip]

The new videos show Graham, 18, walking past an outdoor mall area at 1:06 a.m. and a man in light colored shorts following her. At one point he ducked into a corner and watched her. A second camera shows the same man following Graham a few minutes later, according to police.

The man called into the police tip line hours before the surveillance footage that showed him following Graham was released. He went to the police station at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night.

"Anyone who saw her is a person of interest," Capt. Gary Pleasants told ABC News. "He saw her and said he was following her, so that's interesting. But right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness."

[snip]

"He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going," police said in a statement.

Investigators are searching for the second man who the witness alleges spoke to Graham and stopped her as she was walking. The second man is not seen in any of the surveillance footage."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-university-virginia-student-hannah-graham-man/story?id=25592387

The description sounds like that registered sex offender people posted photos about.

Wouldn't it be wild if CWG was lurking on SM or WS and saw the sightings report I posted a week ago and was like "ha, I'll just describe him!"

what's taking the banks so long?

I am wondering the same. Anytime I have seen news coverage of bank robberies, they seem to have surveillance footage released very quickly. This is a very urgent situation and they should've already had the footage by now IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point that just because they don't have video of him WITH her, doesn't mean they don't have video of him at all.

Oops, well I was actually referring to the white guy who had been following her.. that maybe they found his story credible because they have further footage of him alone at the mall or leaving the mall after he stopped following her. I'll edit my post to clarify.

Perhaps someone might have seen the POI based on his clothing alone. With so many people walking around on the downtown mall in summery clothing, maybe his black jeans stood out to someone. Just a hope.

"The description of the person of interest emerged after surveillance videos showed a man following Graham early Saturday morning. The man told police that he was following Graham because she appeared "physically distressed" and he was trying to help her.

The man also told police that he stopped following Graham when he she met a second man that she seemed to know and put his arm around her, according to police.

[snip]

The new videos show Graham, 18, walking past an outdoor mall area at 1:06 a.m. and a man in light colored shorts following her. At one point he ducked into a corner and watched her. A second camera shows the same man following Graham a few minutes later, according to police.

The man called into the police tip line hours before the surveillance footage that showed him following Graham was released. He went to the police station at 10:15 p.m. Wednesday night.

"Anyone who saw her is a person of interest," Capt. Gary Pleasants told ABC News. "He saw her and said he was following her, so that's interesting. But right now we're seeing him as a cooperative witness."

[snip]

"He told police that he was following Ms. Graham as she looked to be somewhat physically distressed and he wanted to make sure she got safely to wherever she was going," police said in a statement.

Investigators are searching for the second man who the witness alleges spoke to Graham and stopped her as she was walking. The second man is not seen in any of the surveillance footage."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-university-virginia-student-hannah-graham-man/story?id=25592387

And their use of the word "alleges" is noted. Holy cow.

tumblr_nc46efhT4E1ryyi88o1_500.jpg This is what I found about the POI.

[snip]

[snip]

Wow!!

I don't know...
It does seem like one witness WG

Oops, well I was actually referring to the white guy who had been following her.. that maybe they found his story credible because they have further footage of him alone at the mall or leaving the mall after he stopped following her. I'll edit my post to clarify.

Oh gotcha! I see now. Sorry!

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 · 58s
@HenryGraff reports: police say no previous surveillance vides collected show #HannahGraham and unknown black male together.

I wonder if the eyewitness is the one who had the phone and how accurate his description is of the clothing, etc. While I do think dreads or long hair would somewhat hard to miss or mistake for a clean-shaven head, the surveillance video does look like light colors on the bottom (and top), which is at odds with the description. I wonder why the police say that there are no videos with this POI. Who is with her in the jeweler's video?

Maybe we should take at face value that there is no one with her in the jeweler's video and it really is a reflection in the glass? If so, my eyes and so many others' have really been fooled! It is hard for me to believe that the police would release a description that is a total red herring, since I wouldn't think they would want anyone to waste any resources looking for the wrong person, but... I really am at a loss.

perhaps LE has reviewed the bank footage but has strategically made the decision to pretend they don't have it. I don't see why it would take long to obtain it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa