VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm late to the gate with this and these are just rambling thoughts - maybe you all can fill me in.

The WG on the video is definitely suspect - he almost looked to see if others were noticing him before he followed her.
The dreads guy is supposedly an OR nurse so I bet he's got access to all kinds of stuff. I can't say if he's good or bad but that's just something that stands out.
Was he a pot dealer and she was intent on meeting him to pick up weed for the party? I can see this, especially now if they want to see his phone records.
Did she have the passcode lock on her phone? Someone close to her should be able to know from seeing her type it in to use it.
Somewhere early on it was mentioned that she stops in front of the Pub and doesn't go in. She's 18 so are they carding? Yeah, then she wouldn't go in.

Me thinks LE has more video or they have something but I'm not sure they have anything more on this guy except that he might be a pot dealer and and he met her for a drink, which might be why he was hesitant to come forward.

I find it hard to believe that this guy would be tossed about in the media the way he is yet he's carrying on without being taken in. They must not have much on him.

It hasn't started here in VA yet. We've got a while to go yet. I don't hunt, so I'm not sure of the exact day, but I'm pretty sure it's not until November.

Not even archery? That's what started here today. I guess it probably is different from state to state though. Archery starts sooner than rifle, though....at least here.

Dang i have been away all day...i was so hoping today would be the day :(

I hate to speculate, but its possible he took her to meet a dealer who got in the car and then out, and maybe, and god forbid, she overdosed on something..

I brought this up late last night.A possible overdose and dread guy needing to rid of the body so not to be accused of her death.

Because she was drunk and a minor.

creepiest thing about this whole investigation is that the police dept. is a block away from where she was last seen! if she had only known that when she was wandering around, this whole thing could have been prevented. surely the building is open 24/7. she also had to have walked by the omni, who would have had front desk staff on duty. why didn't she ask for help?

Not even archery? That's what started here today. I guess it probably is different from state to state though. Archery starts sooner than rifle, though....at least here.
Oh, I'm not sure about bow hunting... I haven't seen any dead deer on my facebook feed today, so I am pretty sure it hasn't started yet, either.

Been lurking here from the beginning. Excellent reasoning and sleuthing going on. Wanted to return to HG's intent for a moment. To do that I'm using the McGrady's video from the Cavalier Daily. It is zoomed out to the original frame size and gives a more overall view of what's happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy43pVr2Ixw

My belief is HG wasn't lost at all. Drunk yes, but not lost.

McGrady's is located on the front of a two block square and Grady's Ave. (which is right next to McGrady's Irish Pub) and is a dead end street. HG only showed up on the Shell video once going toward the downtown mall. Therefore she likely emerged onto Preston from either 8th, 7th or Albemarle St. and then turned to go toward McGrady's.

McGrady's Pub has no adjoined parking lot therefore patrons park in the neighborhood surrounding it. If HG came down 8th St. she would have already scanned the cars parked down that street.

HG comes into view on the McGrady's CCTV video and walks to the front corner of the outside patio at :56 in the video. She stops and scans the area around her. She then walks to the other corner at 1:10 of the video and pauses again. She then exits the video and is gone until 2:56 in the video.

My belief is she has continued walking up to 10th St. and around the corner to further scan for cars parked nearby. At 1:35 in the video we see I male standing just outside the outdoor patio seating area. He appears to be a bouncer to me. At 2:56 when HG rounds the corner back at McGrady's the male immediately strolls to the meet her at the top of the ramp HG is walking up. They meet at 3:08 in the video and she passing him very quickly and he returns to the place where he was standing.

HG, in my mind, has cased McGrady's for a car she is familiar with. Why go up the ramp? She can get a better view if someone she is looking for is on the outdoor patio and also ask the bouncer "Hey have you seen ____?"

At 3:36 in the video HG crosses Grady Ave. and pauses one last time to look up Grady Ave. at the parked cars. Not finding what she's looking for she continues on.

Her next destination is the downtown mall. Think of that feeling you've had sometime in your life that you're missing the party, the fun. Thus to close the distance she runs for a while and that's what's caught on the Shell video footage.

This case is really getting to me. I feel again, like I do so often on WS, that I am sitting at a vigil. I went to UVA, met my husband there in poetry class. I remember my first apartment, how happy I was to be independent. I used to go down to the mall every weekend to listen to jazz at a bar there. I liked it downtown better than on the corner because downtown reminded me of Europe more ( a tiny bit), older people, cafe culture. I was the kind of twenty-something who liked eccentric people and wouldn't judge anyone. I thought of everyone as characters in a novel or something. I did some extremely dumb things, like other posters recall--I once got in a strange van- and once got on a strange man's houseboat! Just totally up for an adventure and trusting that people are "good at heart". I'm lucky.

I pray for Hannah and her family. I pray that she will be found alive-- in a miracle like we have seen happen sometimes--maybe this time, too.

Anyone have a link to the interview with the person close to the POI that's scheduled for 11 ET?

Is archery as popular as gun hunting? Just wondering if there will be a ton of people in the woods like gun hunting season, especially opening week.

I just have a hard time believing the grandmother would admit her grandson aged 32 would buy a 18 year old a drink or drinks.That is a crime in itself.Contributing to the delinquency of a minor.Not to mention the bar would have to serve the drinks to her without carding her.which is another crime.

They knew he was on video. She is only admitting to what is already known.

Her message is he's a wonderful man and he had nothing further to do with her. To me, your post points out the inconsistency in those confusing him with a good samaritan. He didn't notify the search teams of her whereabouts and her demeanor either.

If you are following erin corwin...they had a lot of stuff on the poi, and yet they still let him drive all the way to Alaska. They didn't arrest him until she was found. :(

I know I'm late to the gate with this and these are just rambling thoughts - maybe you all can fill me in.

The WG on the video is definitely suspect - he almost looked to see if others were noticing him before he followed her.
The dreads guy is supposedly an OR nurse so I bet he's got access to all kinds of stuff. I can't say if he's good or bad but that's just something that stands out.
Was he a pot dealer and she was intent on meeting him to pick up weed for the party? I can see this, especially now if they want to see his phone records.
Did she have the passcode lock on her phone? Someone close to her should be able to know from seeing her type it in to use it.
Somewhere early on it was mentioned that she stops in front of the Pub and doesn't go in. She's 18 so are they carding? Yeah, then she wouldn't go in.

Me thinks LE has more video or they have something but I'm not sure they have anything more on this guy except that he might be a pot dealer and and he met her for a drink, which might be why he was hesitant to come forward.

I find it hard to believe that this guy would be tossed about in the media the way he is yet he's carrying on without being taken in. They must not have much on him.

Is there any possibility that she chose to disappear? I know her parents think it would be out of her character. Was she having any problems with her grades or attendance? I's still early in the year, so doubtful. Did she have a boyfriend? Just trying to rack my brain with the possibility she could still be okay. Did she have any access to money? If these questions have been answered, I apologize. I have read trough most of the post.

You're very welcome, blondy. You might also want to check out the media thread. Lots of links, photos and videos are posted there. :seeya:

I want to "second" this...

I find checking on the Media threads of these missing persons.... When I am behind and need to catch up with the latest developments... Is VERY beneficial...

I subscribe to the media threads... So that I have them on my alert....

:seeya:

I just have a hard time believing the grandmother would admit her grandson aged 32 would buy a 18 year old a drink or drinks.That is a crime in itself.Contributing to the delinquency of a minor.Not to mention the bar would have to serve the drinks to her without carding her.which is another crime.

Without her announcing her age, how would the POI know she was underage. As far as being served alcohol, this wasn't the first bar/restaurant that she was served at this night I believe, wasn't she out with friends earlier, I thought she was out drinking and dancing. I think she must have been carded at Tempo. Sounds to me that she was carrying good fake ID and looked a few years older than her real age.

Is archery as popular as gun hunting? Just wondering if there will be a ton of people in the woods like gun hunting season, especially opening week.
I feel like it is, maybe a little less. My brother and fiance do both and it seems like everyone's doing archery these days

It took just one video and we have a good split of people on this board who think WG is suspicious while others feel POI is suspicious. There is no doubt that this video gave me a creepy feeling from both of them and I can only hope that LE feels the same way. I haven't heard anything yet from LE completely clearing ANY of these two. As far we are all know, these ARE the last 2 people to see Hannah. Both should be a POI, certainly not a hero or white knight just yet.

I dunno if I would agree with your characterization of "often" in regards to police officers not being ethical or moral. Sometimes, perhaps.

But at the end of the day I still trust them more than the criminals.

You do realize they are the good guys right?

My personal and family experiences have not led me to give a wholly positive answer to that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123