VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Longo. It happens all of the time. Especially in a a college town. Lawyers nearly always tell clients in these cases not to offer up info unless you have to do so.

I also do not understand why people do not believe Hannah was so thoroughly lost when it has pretty much been shown that where she wanted to be was the opposite direction from where she started her journey. She was very drunk or otherways disorinted from the initial reports. There was a map that was released showing how she turned her self around direction wise. She was truly completely lost and not in good state of mind. A sitting duck for someone to pick her up.

Where was to shown where she wanted to be? Just because she told one or two of her friends that she was headed home or to a different party, does not mean thats what her intentions really were. She may not have wanted them to know where she was going if she were trying to meet or confront someone at a different location.

I'm still not convinced police don't know exactly where JLM is; I think they are saying they don't in hopes he will feel he's not being watched and then leads them to Hannah or evidence.

I don't believe Longo. It happens all of the time. Especially in a a college town. Lawyers nearly always tell clients in these cases not to offer up info unless you have to do so.

I also do not understand why people do not believe Hannah was so thoroughly lost when it has pretty much been shown that where she wanted to be was the opposite direction from where she started her journey. She was very drunk or otherways disorinted from the initial reports. There was a map that was released showing how she turned her self around direction wise. She was truly completely lost and not in good state of mind. A sitting duck for someone to pick her up.

Where did she want to be? Just curious, because I don't believe we actually know where she wanted to be.

Whether LE have her on a definitviely identifiable video with JM or not leaving Tempo or thereafter, the fact of the matter is that they have it down to JM being the last person they can place her with before she went off trail. And JM went off trail too. If they could find video of him free and clear of her right after leaving Tempo, he wouldn't be in so much hot water.

Also, it is very possible he did take Hannah Graham somewhere. If he did, there truly would be no benefit to him to say anything. If she is not found, and not enough evidence is found in his car for it to be a likelihood she was in there, then he could be home free. Why would someone wretched enough to do someone harm decide to fess up about it all when there is a chance he could get a way with it and there is always doubt, not certainty as to whether he did anything to her or not?

could it mean witness statements (bouncer) and not video? or was it specifically said by LE "video"?

The question asked by the reporter at the PC was about all the video they had and whether they had any that showed Hannah getting into his car. LE wouldn't talk about the car but went on to say what I quoted in my previous post:

"We do have them together after they left Tempo restaurant, so he's still with her at that time". Could be taken either way to be honest, but in the context of the reporters question, I inferred it was video.

BBM I was just going to offer the same opinion. I am friends with a very high-profile attorney who assures me that NO presser is ever given without every bit of it strategically planned. Planned to glean information that LE needs, planned to let a POI know that LE is in posession of certain information, etc. Even the parents, in that poor dad's impassioned plea, are coached on what to say that will potentially resonate with the perp.

Also, I just can't get WG out of my mind. On the video, he is in front of her, then ducks into the doorway, then steps out again following Hannah. I've read all of the speculation about why this might be, but something about it is very fishy to me. VERY fishy.

I don't think WG ducked in the doorway. It looks more like he just stopped and turn it doesn't look like he backed up into the door way. He clearly took out his cell phone so he would not look strange just standing there. Hannah it looks like did turn her head slightly to the right and stare at him while she passed him.

This is my post from the last thread. I transcribed a portion of the press conference from yesterday.

These are Chief Longo's exact words. BBM and () by me.

Still no mention of the video from Tempo which I am still convinced does not exist despite the link Popsicle provided. Maybe I'm just being stubborn tho...

He appears to be being deliberately vague about the exact nature of that evidence.

I have the exact same view as you

Her behavior does not scream super drunk

She went to McGrady's looking for someone based on her behavior there

That route does not work -- she would have been picked up by the gas station video twice. Once going to the pub and then leaving heading east to the downtown mallt

I think she was looking for a bar and was meeting 1 or more people

Why do I think a bar?

Because not only her behavior at McGrady's but the fact that she is walking mainly on main roads if she would be looking for a house party she would be on side streets in a residential area.

I think there is a good chance she went to the outdoor mall intentionally looking at the bars down there

I still wonder if maybe she had known JM and maybe that is who she was meeting?

This is the route she may have walked:
View attachment 59621

that route is wrong. She would have been picked up twice on the gas station camera. Once,according to your route walking west on Preston to the pub and again walking east to the downtown mall. I keep saying this-- she must have entered the page/ 10th street area probably via Page or West street. There is an alley behind the pub with a 8 ft chain link fence that extends to 9th st NW. So after walking around the maze of side streets in that area, she probably came out on Preston from 9th street NW. Look at the google map.

It wasn't worded as "Video leaving the restaurant together". It was: "We do have them together after they left Tempo restaurant, so he's still with her at that time"

Not sure but I believe Tempo doesn't have cameras inside or out? So I take what he said above to mean they have footage from another location at a time after they know they left Tempo.

I didn't see it that way at all. The question was very specific. Do you have video surveillance of them leaving the restaurant together? His response wasn't prefaced by no but we have them after that etc.

Whether LE have her on a definitviely identifiable video with JM or not leaving Tempo or thereafter, the fact of the matter is that they have it down to JM being the last person they can place her with before she went off trail. And JM went off trail too. If they could find video of him free and clear of her right after leaving Tempo, he wouldn't be in so much hot water.

Also, it is very possible he did take Hannah Graham somewhere. If he did, there truly would be no benefit to him to say anything. If she is not found, and not enough evidence is found in his car for it to be a likelihood she was in there, then he could be home free. Why would someone wretched enough to do someone harm decide to fess up about it all when there is a chance he could get a way with it and there is always doubt, not certainty as to whether he did anything to her or not?

This is why so many people say he looks shady not talking to police.

So I guess that Coy guy was wrong?

How so? Reportedly, Tempo does not have cameras inside....but other businesses have cameras which show the outside of Tempo.........so a person looking at footage could possibly see people enter and exit Tempo. I'm not sure it was the COY dude, but I remember a statement by some twitterer reporting that there are no video cameras in Tempo and also, supplied a photo of the inside of Tempo showing the bar area and booths on the other side. JMO

So I guess that Coy guy was wrong?

He must have heard that JM arrived at the station and asked for a lawyer. He probably reported it before he found out that JM ended up leaving before ever speaking.

that route is wrong. She would have been picked up twice on the gas station camera. Once,according to your route walking west on Preston to the pub and again walking east to the downtown mall. I keep saying this-- she must have entered the page/ 10th street area probably via Page or West street. There is an alley behind the pub with a 8 ft chain link fence that extends to 9th st NW. So after walking around the maze of side streets in that area, she probably came out on Preston from 9th street NW. Look at the google map.

As far as I know they have not released all surveillance video. They could have her earlier on Shell walking up Preston.

I do agree that it's possible she walked through the residential area. I thin it's also possible she took the route I said cause I think she was looking for a bar so I have her on main roads walking.

I think it is possible (not necessarily likely) that HG was looking to meet up with someone, or a group, who were doing a pub crawl downtown after pre-gaming. She may not have known them very well, or known their definitive plans. Maybe she just had the number of one person, maybe their phone was drained. If you have ever been someone who wants to meet up with friends who have started off without you, good luck finding them, even when everyone has a smartphone. Attention spans of young people looking for a good time are limited and if one place is dead you move on to the next. I also think it is possible that these people are underage and may not want to come forward for that reason.

I could also see HG being familiar with the POI, even if just on sight, if they both frequented the same bars. This would not be unusual to me in a small college town like Charlottesville.

So he walks into the police station to ask for a lawyer & has 2 family members with him..Have I missed who they were?

they were told to look for certain items of Hannah's, her white shoes, her top, and her cell phone which had a pink cover. I don't recall her pants being mentioned. Could her pants or panties be what investigators found in the car???

You might be right but the FB poster that I saw that mentioned search items said "We were told to look for things that could be out of place, her clothing, her white shoes, her iphone with pink cover..." ... so just clothing in general. But I seem to remember seeing the top mentioned as likely standing out.

This is a little off topic, but I have been a member here for a long time, and I don't remember this particular forum format being used for such a popular topic. Why isn't this particular topic being expanded? This particular format is creating this linear discussion of the same questions and answers. It would be a lot easier if the format allowed separate areas to discuss different things at the same time. Having this long thread that gets locked with new ones created makes it really hard to maintain continuity on certain things. THe pictures and Videos should be in one spot, the news articles should be in another, there should be a thread about possible routes, and a different thread about POI. Is there a way to change that? Im not sure I understand what the benefit is to NOT doing that. People keep joining and saying, I don't know if this has been answered yet, I can't tell If I was replied to. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆