VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if Longo is planning on making an appearance this evening on "The Tonight Show" ?? Letterman ? Kimmel ?

He hit just about all the early morning talk programs earlier today.

:worms:

In the video form Sal's it does look like the WG and JM could both be in on it together. It so strange how they just both start following her.

Someone said a warrant for phone records was included the day they searched his car and apartment. But I don't personally have confirmation on that.

It was for the phone, not the phone records. I've not heard whether they got it or not though?

Why would an innocent person ask for a lawyer and then run off?

It's recommended to get an attorney before talking to LE about serious matters. JM asked for a lawyer, got a lawyer, consulted with the lawyer and then ran off. Maybe the lawyer told him to get the heck out of town and lie low, don't talk to the police, hope other evidence shows up and things blow over a bit.

Nope.

Parker Slaybaugh @Parker8News
BREAKING: Chief Longo just told me he hopes to have the forensics back tomorrow from the searches that were done... fb.me/3a2EclwJQ
2:48am - 23 Sep 14

Well what if they came back early and that's why they are back at the apt.

seems his roomies moved out

Investigators just exited LJ's apt with evidence in hand.

ETA... landlord said they took two items from LJ's apt.

"BREAKING: police tell @HenryGraff they are serving another search warrant on Jesse Matthew's apartment in #HannahGraham case." - from @NBC29

Why would they have gotten another search warrent for the apartment? And on what grounds?

Just guessing but forensics may have found something already.

Isn't that a sticker - like a registration or inspection sticker -- that's been blurred out? Can any Virginians say whether you all still have those? We don't in my state, but we used to in a state I used to live in.

Yes, we have them. Our vehicles are inspected every year and the sticker has the month/year on it.

Does anybody know if Longo is planning on making an appearance this evening on "The Tonight Show" ?? Letterman ? Kimmel ?

He hit just about all the early morning talk programs earlier today.

:worms:

If he thought it would help Hannah, he probably would.

The second link says, "...reckless driving cases are usually ugly and full of ulterior motives."

There really should be a defined miles per hour over the limit instead of a determination based on ulterior motives. It looks like we've turned into such a banana republic at this point that it's little wonder JM is paranoid. I'm shocked at what I've seen about this case so far and didn't realize our judicial system was even like this. His family is probably worried he could "get suicided" in prison if the forensics don't come back the way the cops want them to come back.

The video of the presser (I guess from yesterday) didn't bode well for that cop, IMO. If they wanted this guy to cooperate, they went about it the wrong way. Now they are coming up with some BS charges to get him back in custody. They blew it and they know they blew it. Now, I am not saying I think this guy is guilty or innocent - he obviously needs to speak up about how they parted ways, if they did in fact part ways. IMO, she had intentions to meet up with him - but the police will know this through phone records. All she had to do was set a time, at the mall, she's 5-11 so she's gonna stand out and then he walks around and spots her, they meet up.

With all the Ferguson stuff going on, I hope they have their man but boy they are blowing it fast.

Her friends (and even family) should be able to say if this was a type of guy she'd be interested in. OR if she was meeting him to buy drugs.

They say they don't know where he is - isn't he still going to work? Something about all of this seems disorganized and strange.

Hmmm. Does anyone know anything about this chief of police? What's his track record? Well thought of or buffoon? What about the DA. Because they are backing what he's doing. What do we know?

In any event, anyone even peripherally involved in the criminal justice system knows that racism is a hug part of the system - who is detained, arrested, charged, what they are charged with, whether they are found guilty, what they are sentenced to. It is well known - tons of academic and legislative research - that we have two systems of law in this country, really.

But I fail to see how this case relates to Ferguson at all. What am I missing here?

In any case, a man or woman who is the last to be seen with a missing person, who is seen circling around to follow that missing person, puts their arm around them and walks off with them, and then refuses to talk to police about what they know, they are deemed suspects, regardless of race.

Is LE not supposed to be highly interested in this man? I don't understand what everyone thinks should be done here. Help me understand what I am missing. (I have not followed every aspect of this case).

There are some key facts and some assumptions. It's nicely organized, but not completely accurate:

1. BG walked westbound along mall and then "u-turned" and headed east behind HG, eventually catching up to her and placing his arm around her. (Confirmed by CPD).
2. Police have already stated that they do not believe she sent the text from 14th and Wertland. 15-min spent at Tempo (according to POI), after being seen in front of Tuel Jewelers at 1:08 does not add up. She did not send the text at that location...

Yes please feel free to make corrections and I will edit it out. I copied that timeline from usa today and kind of breezed over it. My bad :blushing:

He was charged with a Felony.

He was also convicted of misdemeanors - that aren't traffic-related.

He's been in court more than Perry Mason.

I thought the non car,driving and that sort of charges someone noted were for his father of the the same name. Note that he is not referred to has a felon. The reckless driving charge he is now getting seems to be one of the more serious of his batch.

Hmmm. Does anyone know anything about this chief of police? What's his track record? Well thought of or buffoon? What about the DA. Because they are backing what he's doing. What do we know?

In any event, anyone even peripherally involved in the criminal justice system knows that racism is a hug part of the system - who is detained, arrested, charged, what they are charged with, whether they are found guilty, what they are sentenced to. It is well known - tons of academic and legislative research - that we have two systems of law in this country, really.

But I fail to see how this case relates to Ferguson at all. What am I missing here?

In any case, a man or woman who is the last to be seen with a missing person, who is seen circling around to follow that missing person, puts their arm around them and walks off with them, and then refuses to talk to police about what they know, they are deemed suspects, regardless of race.

Is LE not supposed to be highly interested in this man? I don't understand what everyone thinks should be done here. Help me understand what I am missing. (I have not followed every aspect of this case).

BBM... These are my thoughts as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member