VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura French @lfrenchnews · 3m
Police:White man seen following Hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #Matthew

Laura French @lfrenchnews · 3m
CONT: Police: There was not another individual with #Hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.

There was a tweet last night on a threads they still have not found the clothing that he was wearing in the videos.. and he wasn't wearing them at the police station either

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I suppose the fact that his outfit has disappeared is concerning. Why would it be missing? If it were simply dirty, it would be on the floor, or in a laundry basket.

I also wonder if anybody has come forward with any kind of information about when the next time was that the saw the POI. If he was involved, perhaps he wasn't seen for 2 whole days, or missed a day of work. Or perhaps he wasn't involved and was seen at 1:45am and his roommates say he went to bed and was up eating breakfast in the morning.

What if a roommate took the POI's shirt and pants accidentally? Or on purpose? Was law enforcement involved in viewing what roommates removed? Now i wonder about shoes. Are those missing too?

The area of the mall may be private property though. I'm not sure. I only know that there can be issues in regard to car wrecks in some shopping/strip malls due to the property being private.

Good point Sin City. I got the impression that the mall itself is city property since they closed the streets to make easier/safer for shoppers, etc. The businesses themselves are private though because we know at least Sal's and Tuel's have their own security cameras. Perhaps a local can clarify for us.

Do you have a link that quotes him saying that?

It was from the notes I took in the presser from 9/19 - snipped from post:

Questions – can’t hear them! So just answers given

A: 2:00 is generally when restaurants close – some earlier some later

A: We know who he is and where he is

A: If anyone has seen him would be interested in that info – call tip line

A: Every morning around 6am – get copy of report
This conversation is about Hannah graham – no reason to believe that. Issue – university and I have to work towards communication so fulfill obligation to community to make sure properly disseminated and also to make sure university fulfills obligation under cleary act

A: Recovered additional video still being analyzed – not sure if HG on it. No other video after leaves that night from store [he's referring to Tuel's here]. Collected a number and will certainly release if there is anything.

here is a page from
http://www.vtunderground.com/other/uva.htm
the UVA steam tunnels are quite difficult to enter and exit - it took me a number of scouting trips to find a usable entrance. Even then, I was only able to access a small portion of the 5-mile tunnel network........The tunnel network is divided by Emmet Street into two main sections, and is further divided up by locked gates in the tunnels. Unfortunately, there are also locked gates that prevent egress into the dorms and academic buildings. The tunnels themselves are of easy walking height, and have a number of twists, turns, ladders, and stairs.

from this article http://articles.dailypress.com/1996...nts-charlottesville-tunnels-virginia-students

Police might never have found McKethan had someone not led them to a section of the tunnels near Clark Hall, about a five-minute walk from the Rotunda. Apparently McKethan had entered the 8-foot-tall, 8-foot-wide tunnel through a manhole.

imo longo's sending a message

In any case I think a person would avoid an location close to his work. He would get away to a remote area where he wouldn't be seen exiting. Just instinctively he'd go further way with his prey.

JMO OK This may be way out there, but does anyone suspect that the dreads is a wig? It has really bothered me that the dreads guy is who we see in the videos, but early on, the description of the POI by police was a close-cropped hair goatee guy......Could LE have known that the well-known Matthew who hangs out at the mall wears a dreadlocks wig, so that by describing the close-cropped hair would force Matthew to always wear the wig??......because if he took the wig off, he would risk matching the description of the POI? But since all of the videos show him in a wig with Hannah, it is obvious to observers that HE is the real POI.........a wild guess, but I think it's a possibility. JMO

I think this is pretty unlikely, especially given the various photos of him that were on social media, with other people on social media, published by police, etc. It looks like his actual hair and it seems like something that would have come up someplace if it weren't.

stating that JM last seen Sunday and have not heard or seen him since then....

Capt says that JM gave the PD a list of attorneys he was interested in and asked the police to call the attorneys for him. The first one they called came to the PD HQ and JM and attorney spoke and then they left without answering any questions.

Came in with his Mother and Uncle...they left and went to his grandmother's house. Officer vehicles clearly in view (FBI and State Police) at grandmother's house... he and his mother got into a vehicle and drove off recklessly. They backed off because of how reckless he was driving for the safety of everyone involved.

Capt confirms that they found the items they were looking for yesterday and that they are at the lab today.

Fresh dirt inside the vehicle and on the tires... was mentioned.

First, let me thank you for your LEO service.

BBM

It is promising that they found fresh dirt inside and on the tires.

From that soil sample they can learn many things.

Each area of C-Ville is not made up of the same soil.

So the experts will analyze the soil sample and it can lead them to a certain area around C-Ville.

Soil samples have been taken in many other cases to help LE locate a victim's remains or to tie the suspect to the disposal site. It will help to narrow down the area they should be looking for Hannah.

We may all think that dirt is just dirt no matter where it is but it isn't. Each area has its very own uniqueness and thumbprint.

IF JM is truly the one who has done this to Hannah this will be a valuable tool to retrace where he may have gone once leaving the Mall.

I find it rather suspicious that fresh dirt was found in his car and on the outside when all the areas around the Mall are paved areas.

If the dirt is fresh it shows he went somewhere out in a rural area possibly on a dirt road before coming home.

IMO

I suppose the fact that his outfit has disappeared is concerning. Why would it be missing? If it were simply dirty, it would be on the floor, or in a laundry basket.

I also wonder if anybody has come forward with any kind of information about when the next time was that the saw the POI. If he was involved, perhaps he wasn't seen for 2 whole days, or missed a day of work. Or perhaps he wasn't involved and was seen at 1:45am and his roommates say he went to bed and was up eating breakfast in the morning.

What if a roommate took the POI's shirt and pants accidentally? Or on purpose? Was law enforcement involved in viewing what roommates removed? Now i wonder about shoes. Are those missing too?

Another reason in My opinion to check relatives homes, he may have granny doing his laundry? Just saying, I would have that checked out. They did remove boxes of stuff from there also.

News stories say she was at a frat party after dinner. Was she slipped something in a drink at the frat party? But perhaps being really drunk can make a person as disoriented as she seems to be.

Sure anything's possible. But it wasn't a disappearing pill so it's almost irrelevant. She doesn't appear disoriented enough that it was some sort of lethal dose, so obviously someone took her and then made her disappear. If she fell unconscious in that area and she texted after they proved she was with JM. All reason to believe that although her state of mind put this in action, it's almost irrelevant to her disappearance.

laura french @lfrenchnews · 3m
police:white man seen following hannah who gave police description of black man with closely shaved head and arm around her was #matthew

laura french @lfrenchnews · 3m
cont: Police: There was not another individual with #hannah that witness saw. Description of hair was inaccurate.
this!

Are there searches going on even as we type?

IMO the search held over the past weekend with local volunteers throughout the city was huge. This was an amazing turnout of people who actively and methodically canvased a very large area. If LE can eliminate certain areas they can spend more energy targeting new possible locations. Was anything of significance found during he public search?

What I am getting at is LE needs to jog the minds of anyone who knows JM. It is said that JM has lived there his entire life. He knows the area well. I do not think JM would travel far outside the city limits, less than an hours trip but was there anywhere JM camped as a child, a fishing hole, a backroad that has a known illegal trash dump site? Somewhere he had mentioned in the past. An activity or hobby that might have taken him outside city limits. LE may need help from people who know JM to hone in on areas to search.

I do believe LE's priority is to find and bring Hannah home to her family and loved ones while building a solid case to successfully prosecute the person responsible for taking Hannah. They are not going to screw this up-IMO. While we watch from the distance speculating on many issues they are attempting to build a solid case. What is released to the public is used to help LE. I appreciate the energy and determination by LE being put forward in this case to bring Hannah home.

JMO

There was a tweet last night on a threads they still have not found the clothing that he was wearing in the videos.. and he wasn't wearing them at the police station either

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I would think that LE would be the only source to confirm this, and we don't know what was removed by LE from the car or apt. I would also not expect him to be wearing the same clothes a week later.

IMO LE was on to JM from early on and description of short hair was an attempt at misdirection so that JM wouldn't think they were on to him... JMO </conspiracy>

I'm not in LE, but I work for a living. When people are paying you to perform, you're going to be subject to criticism whether you're you, me, Peyton Manning, law enforcement, a garbage collector, a movie director, Barack Obama, or the greeter at Wal*Mart. That's just part of being an adult in the real world. Bill Parcells said it best -- "You are what your record says you are."

It's my opinion WG was drunk and that is why he thought JM was bald instead he has dreads that are close to the scalp, he probably saw jesse from the front and didn't see his dreads hanging in the back. jmo

In order for him to be able to catch up to HG, wouldn't JM have had to walk past WG? For me it does not quite add up. My speculation was that the "inaccurate" description was just a LE tactic to not alarm JM while they gathered info. Same, in my opinion, applies for referring to JM as a "shadow" in the glass as he and HG were seen walking in the security camera footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj