VA - Hannah Elizabeth Graham, 18, Charlottesville, 13 Sept 2014 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez we can't even get a charge that we can agree on the meaning of...

THANK YOU! Now maybe we can dispense with the sex trafficking talk! It's just a distraction in my opinion. Ranks right up there with ISIS being involved. :)

Yeah. There has not been one substantiated case I am aware of in the last two decades of missing white girls being abducted and sold into sex slavery or whatever. Sex trafficking rings involve non-English speaking immigrants or aliens from third world or Eastern European countries and street kids and that's about it.

I think they have struggled to actually find evidence, period. They impounded his car and searched his house twice, and have been asking what anyone saw.

The strategy seems to be to apply pressure, and MAKE him mess up. They see him speeding, but dont pull him over. Instead they issue an arrest warrant. They leak his ssn and follow him. Personally, i think they know exactly where he is. If they didnt know, that means they wouldnt know if he returned to body.

They could upgrade the charge on current evidence, before dna comes back, in hopes that he will turn himself in (because he thinks hes been caught). It could be just increasing the pressure, not new evidence.

That is how I feel....After an 11-day investigation, they have significant evidence to charge him w/ abduction and intent to defile? Why is it every other case...we hear for years, LE doesn't have enough, and in this case, it takes a little over a week?

Yesterday Longo said it would be back today. Also, there is a tweet a page or two back saying that forensics led to this charge. Take that as you may.

Lava, do you know if this tweet is related to anything said during the PC? Any idea where this claim that forensic are in came from.

YES! That is exactly how my friend's murder (mentioned in my profile) was solved. The murderer kept her purse in his apartment. :(

Well in the Morgan Harrington case her shirt showed up after she'd been missing a while so whoever did that had to have kept at least that article of clothing around for a while

Serial rapist or serial killer? In either case, I am afraid if police knew the suspect was responsible for such crimes and chose not inform the public, he could well offend again (particularly if desperate). This strikes me as extremely problematic. Can one of our LE/Lawyers comment on the legality of LE holding back such information?
Serial rapist and murderer IF he is sketch.. I would hope they would inform us, but maybe holding back as to not spook him even more?? If JM were to know he had been linked to the other cases, he would be more likely to do something drastic.. Hurt someone else, or off himself... then again, like you said, is withholding that kind of information even legal?? I don't know what to think..moo..

Well if that were the case, why didn't they charge him much earlier? They could have charged him with the more serious offense rather than the driving offense. I am pretty sure they found something more solid to indict him.

Maybe because they were collecting eyewitness statements, details about the POI, reviewing footage. I don't know, I was merely speculating that what they had, once analyzed, might have been enough for the abduction with intent to defile charge.

It seems, however, since my original post that it is being reported that the forensics report preceded this new charge though, so it appears that they did have more.

Well if that were the case, why didn't they charge him much earlier? They could have charged him with the more serious offense rather than the driving offense. I am pretty sure they found something more solid to indict him.
Because (imo) they dont have hard evidence and are trying to pressure him to give up and come clean.

Again i might be wrong, but they havent even said what new evidence is. They havent even verified she got in the car, nor would they need to for these charges

This part of the code suggests "trafficking" (imo)

Abduction (iv) of any person for the purpose of prostitution

Agreed. And therefore frightened, heartbroken, and angry. (Sorry if duplicate post; having trouble posting.)

:doh:

JVM: He was being tailed and they lost him?? Missed that part...Is that what they said?

ok, that makes sense then. Its just that the fact that he ran away from the surveillance has been front and center of the talk.

While I love to read and post on WS I have to work sometimes to pay the bills. There are 718 people on here right now. I would guess that a very large percentage can only join in from time to time. Some may even be afraid to post because they feel out of the loop and can't keep up reading this as it moves so fast. I've been posting since Laci Peterson went missing. If I see someone's question isn't being answered, I try to answer it because I don't want people to feel left out. I haven't been front and center since the weekend and usually only check in and see if there was an arrest.

Maybe so, but could JM really be that stupid? HG's name and face everywhere, his name implicated, and he leaves her clothes laying around his apartment? But who knows, just the other day I heard that murderers make an average of 20 mistakes with regards to leaving evidence exposed.

his name wasn't implicated till after they did the first search.

I wonder if LE will be almost "forced" to release some evidence, like LE in the Justin Ross Harris case.

Forgive the repetition if someone has already said this:

Abduction with intent to defile is a "predicate offense" to murder.

A Predicate Act means: An earlier offense that can be used to enhance a sentence levied for a later conviction. A crime, which is composed of some of the elements of a more serious crime and which is committed for carrying out the greater crime. http://definitions.uslegal.com/p/predicate-act/

There are other predicate offenses to murder, but this one fits the HG crime.

Yeah, I said they had Alexis's killer. However they have never found her body

They have a man who has been convicted of killing her. He denies it and says he knows where she is.

-

I think Chief Lingo purposely held back tonight and I think they suspect a tie to another case.

I think he almost said it, when he had that pregnant pause.

'

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-23-19-46-43

As of Tuesday afternoon, the state lab was still analyzing evidence it has received from the Charlottesville Police Department, which included nearly two dozen items and eight "known samples that we would use for comparison purposes," said Jeffrey Ban, director of the Department of Forensic Science's Central Laboratory in Richmond.

bbm

As I posted earlier, sex trafficking is usually purely driven by the desire to make money.

Any girl that would bring media attention would be detrimental to the overall business for many, many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member