PRESS CONFERENCE: September 25, 2014 - Charlottesville Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longo has hope and will continue to have hope until there comes a time that he can't. With each passing day, this gets harder for everyone.

Has one witness that puts Hannah inside Tempo!

Q: Are there accomplices in the abduction?
A: No base for this conclusion. No reason to believe that.

Q: Reason to believe HG know JM before hand?
A: Public might be hearing things, but they have no reason to believe this is the case.

Q: The restaurant says HG was never in restaurant
A: conflict. was the statement prepared by owner? NOT going to challenge owners statement.But have ONE witness that claimed she was inside.

I really doubt that she's in Texas now that I think of it. I don't think Longo would say it was "unlikely" that the body had been moved to Texas if they've already searched the getaway car. If a body had been inside they would probably know by now.

Am I to understand that the car JM was found with was different than the car he was driving the night Hannah disappeared? I wonder if they found evidence that she had been inside the getaway car alive.

Will be conducting subsequent interviews, some with the same people; LE has one witness that places Hannah in Tempo.

Witness says she was inside the restaurant, 'they were seen leaving together with his arm around her waist.'

Longo: not going to challenge the owner...but we have at least one witness that will put her inside that restaurant

I agree. He's a lot more dejected than in previous press conferences. Perhaps part of that is him deliberately trying to scale his passion back slightly, he has been criticised a bit after all.
I find it sad people criticized him for his passion. :(
If the criticizer's child was missing.... they'd want. his. passion. imoo.

Longo: We have no reason to believe that she knew him before; we have no evidence of that

Is there a third party involved?

If HG is seen getting into car in downtime area and there is third party present, we need to know.

In other words, there might be possibility that there is a third person, but currently no evidence.

Q: investigators cannot re-ask him right now?
A: he invoked right to counsel right now.

Q: HG's electronic communication. How would you characterise texts? Any more info on that?
A: Can't comment on relevance of the texts.

Q, did anyone assist in helping JLM getting to Galveston TX
A, we don't know, we can speculate why he went to TX but we don't know (?) Not been shared any information any other people were involved

Q, Didn't hear
A, you ask about the evidence, that was obtained from the house and car. Not able to disclose but that evidence would be very evident at his trial. In response to 2nd Q, I don't know about the extradition timeline, tomorrow or the following day, no reason to hold up

Q, Connection to other cases
A, Can't answer

Q, Re HG being outside of VA
A, At this time they believe not, that she is still in the C'ville and surrounding area (sorry I can't keep up word for word)

Q, I know you can't answer, but it sounds like what you are saying re searching and looking for clothing, do you think HG is decseased
A, (notably solemn) Can't say really but will not lose hope, I have hope I think HG's mum and dad have hope, I'm not prepared to answer that Q right now I hope you understand.

Q, (didn't hear)
A, Not sure what he's talking about here but says about suspect or evidence?

Q, did HG and JLM know each other prior
A, You may know better than us, we don't know but we want to know if someone has info

Q, Asks about Tempo, and the denial HG was ever in there
A, States they have one witness who places HG IN tempo but wont go further to question to owners statement?

Q, ohhhhh accomplice? reporter asking about further POI or accomplice
A, I think I understand your Q now, if at anytime HG is seen with someone else besides JLM they want to know, if shes seen off the down town mall, if HG is seen with JLM and a 3rd Person, we defo need to know that but do not at this time

Q, about JLM being innocent

Sorry I didn't catch the answer GRR it suddenly got real noisy in here

Q, Asked about passport
A, I dont believe he had a passport with him but don't quote me on that

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before: do we know when JM was first seen by anyone after he left Tempo?

I agree. He's a lot more dejected than in previous press conferences. Perhaps part of that is him deliberately trying to scale his passion back slightly, he has been criticised a bit after all.

Oh noo that was supposed to be :( not a happy face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong