JLM: Other Possible Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess in order to assume that there are other victims, one must assume the guilt of JM, when Hannah has not even been found. JMO

True. Some of us are operating on a theory that due to the likeness and past behaviors of JM, he may be connected to other victims in areas where he was known to live or have ties. Hannah is gone and he was the last person to see her. Plus, it appears that LE have found some type of evidence connecting JM to Hannah's abduction and intent to defile. That's where our guess that he may be guilty comes into play. I looked at the sketch of Morgan's killer and I see JM's eyes and overall facial structure. Time will tell with DNA.

What's the chances that the two cases - "A DNA Match" are being played down by LE, in an effort to keep things under wraps... IMO the cauldron's bubbling.

This. I feel confident that they already have a definite, positive DNA match but haven't released it because that would allow his lawyer to claim JM couldn't get a "fair trial" here on whatever charges they bring against him w.r.t Hannah. If for instance they cannot find her, they may decide to not pursue Murder 1 charges, and the lawyer would surely claim that if the jury were told that he abducted and violently raped a woman in Fairfax, and abducted, raped, and violently killed MH, that might prejudice them against his poor, misunderstood, gentle-giant of a client. JMO

The victim of the Fairfax City rape escaped with her life thanks to a vigilant neighbour. She collected the perps DNA in her fingernails and it matches with the killer of Morgan Harrington.

She'll be ready for a line-up I'm sure.

http://patch.com/virginia/fairfaxci...a-fairfax-rape-and-mor84c9a34d12#.VCZv4r5xJPQ

The story says that they were getting the ability to run the unknown dna through the system for "near-misses," or family members of the unknown dna. Does anyone know if JM's dad would have done anything to have them take his dna?

Don't know why it didn't smack me before like it did just now, was watching an Anderson Cooper CNN snippet online, the reporter he was talking to was saying how it was "strange" that now C'ville LE is really concentrating on pleas to the public, to farmers with large tracts of land, asking the farmers to thoroughly check ALL OVER their land, etc etc.

Now, what do YOU think LE is thinking with this request? What other case does this sound like, eh? We aren't the only ones thinking about other SPECIFIC victims.

Regardless of what LE is thinking or not thinking about SC or AM or CM or any of the others, this request links firmly back to MH in THEIR minds. They think he's responsible for MH. JMO, of course.

The story says that they were getting the ability to run the unknown dna through the system for "near-misses," or family members of the unknown dna. Does anyone know if JM's dad would have done anything to have them take his dna?

I wonder if LE knows about the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation? www.smgf.org They have an online Y-DNA utility into which a user can enter values out of a Y-DNA test and the utility will return matches BY FAMILY SURNAME from across the world, if other matches do exist. I have used this utility myself in researching my own family tree, using Y-DNA results published in family groups at FamilyTree DNA and other sites.

Oh and btw, JM's dad wouldn't be a "near miss" if they're testing Y-DNA. He'd be an exact match. Autosomal DNA would be combined from both parents, mtDNA from the mother only, so if the subject is male, they want to test Y-DNA. At least that's what I gather from my past reading.

I found this and figured I would share...
overlap.jpg

Has anyone noticed the resemblance between Alex McFadden (also Liberty University student who has disappeared) POI in DaShad Smith case, and the later sketch in Morgan Harrington case? http://www.commdiginews.com/life/ha...ong-line-of-victims-in-charlottesville-26555/

Sorry, but I don’t know how to put the two photos together for you all.

Wondering if Matthew and McFadden are related somehow.

It would be interesting to see photos of all Jesse Lee Matthew's family and friends that are available. Jesse Senior, the father is thin, with a face and eyes created by longtime drinking and hard living.

I also hope Law Enforcement have DNA from McFadden, and Jesse Lee Matthew Senior, just in case either of them are involved in any of the other disappearances/murders.

Very true. I'm 5'11 and my baby brother is 6'4. I'm just used to him, normal for my family.

Height isn't the only consideration. HG is reported to be around 130 pounds (think that this may be on the low side.) JM is reported to be 270 pounds. That is a very big difference!

Fantastic Just K. This helps a great deal. We know his nose matches when his head is straight forward. For me this a clear match. I believe this was the first sketch. You know what they say about first guesses, say on exams, more likely to be right. I'd go with an earlier sketch closer to the time of the event before memory fades. No idea why it was updated.
I got the openion of my 8 year old granddaughter and she said yes they look like the same person... I feel like I may just be seeing things because I have been so passionate about Morgan's case and really want the beast that killed her caught and justice served!

Weight, height, strength + skill as a champion wrestler are all attributes that would make it easy for a rapist to effectively assault and to lift and dispose of women's bodies.

Jesse Matthew has all these attributes plus the emotional and psychological profile and the circumstances in his past that can point to multiple cases around the region.

Has anyone noticed the resemblance between Alex McFadden (also Liberty University student who has disappeared) POI in DaShad Smith case, and the later sketch in Morgan Harrington case? http://www.commdiginews.com/life/ha...ong-line-of-victims-in-charlottesville-26555/

Sorry, but I don’t know how to put the two photos together for you all.

Wondering if Matthew and McFadden are related somehow.

It would be interesting to see photos of all Jesse Lee Matthew's family and friends that are available. Jesse Senior, the father is thin, with a face and eyes created by longtime drinking and hard living.

Yeah but Erik McFadden is also missing. Noone can find him, so maybe he's a victim as well. It's been discussed here as well.

Not sure if this has been posted - I haven't read the previous posts (ETA - I do know that here on WS, folks have been delving into possible other victims. But I thought it was interesting that a news station has gone in-depth enough to cover it also):

Hannah Graham is 5th girl to go missing near Rt. 29

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WUSA9) -- Hannah Graham is the fifth young woman in five years to have vanished within miles of Route 29, the main highway through Charlottesville.

Local law enforcement along with FBI are looking into the possibility that Jesse Leroy Mathew, the abduction suspect in the disappearance of the University of Virginia student, may be connected to the others, a law enforcement source told CBS News.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...-charlottesville-missing-girls-link/16286959/

I don't know, but I have to admit that I personally find this to be incredibly disturbing for a lot of reasons. OTOH, I work with a guy who is doing research on using DNA to build a physical profile of the subject. Using DNA markers he can give his best guess of the eye and hair color, race/ethnicity, and possibly height. It's not foolproof but as genetic profiling develops I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes more reliable and is used more and more often. To me that is kind of cool. But using DNA scans of family members is something that doesn't feel right to me. It seems like it is doing a body search without a warrant. In my experience, even doing research with DNA with the best of intentions is an ethical landmine that is fraught with potential serious adverse outcomes, even if they are unintended.

Could be using an alias somewhere.

Such as somewhere between Charlottesville and the barrier island near Galveston where Jesse Matthew was apprehended.

Sorry - I meant McFadden. He could still be alive, just in hiding.

I was reading up on Morgan Harrington case, and her shirt was found at apartments on 15th st and Grady, does anyone have a list of addresses for JM for comparison? Sorry if this has been discussed! I'm only a few pages into the thread but am working my way through it, but if I don't post thoughts as they come up I often forget them!

ETA: I saw this was brought up! My bad! I'm just boggled by all the possible connections their could be!

I find it interesting that the rapist in the 2005 FFX rape threw the victim over his shoulder. In this 2014 article on Jesse Matthew, women describe JM throwing them over his shoulder on the night of Hannah Graham's disappearance.

JM's height is 6'2. A few descriptions put him at 6'. Now medium describes the build per the FBI sketch. He used to be medium though muscular in 2002 at Liberty U. true he'd have to gained a lot of weight between 2005 and 07. The 07 cab pic might seem heavier b/c of his oversized clothes.

Hoping the weight issue can be put to rest a bit. From 2012 (prior to this particular incident), the suspect of Morgan Harrington and the FFX rape was 180-220 pounds. We are also talking about a weight range from 2005, which is when the rape happened. That is not a stretch at all, considering JM was thinner than he is now during the Liberty University photos that have been circulated.

FWIW, the weight range is also listed from this 2013 article.

JM's photo from Liberty University can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288