Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, with the force she slit Travis's throat, she practically beheaded him, so she's not that far off from ISIS. They just have a political motive and she stabbed and used a gun too, but still very similar, IMO. She also stalked and terrorized Travis, so I think she qualifies as a terrorist too.

I think she was also "sending a message," by the way she killed him, by the way she left him (naked), and planning the murder so that by the time anyone found him, his level of decomposition would likely be enough to even further traumatize his family and friends -- whom she evidently hated. Most of his friends had already rejected her, but had she even met anyone in his family?

ISIS announced their actions to the entire world. Jodi, in true megalomaniac fashion, thought she could hide hers. Ironically, we have never really seen a member of ISIS (enough to identify them.... or have we? I'm a bit out of touch.), whereas there is little of Jodi we haven't seen. Might have made a nice juxtaposition in the cartoon to depict the ISIS member fully cloaked (as he is), while drawing Jodi au naturel (with various bits discretely covered).

I don't agree with your last sentence (pardon another pun). Once she gets to prison, I doubt she will be self-satisfied.

My take on it (just an opinion) is that whatever situation she finds herself in, she is manipulative enough to work it to her advantage eventually, somehow. She'll redefine "power" as necessary, then take steps to achieve it -- or die trying (we can but hope). If she can't make a situation work for her, then she'll still give the impression that she is where she wants to be, rather than give any satisfaction at all, ever, to the people who wish her ill. "Ill" is a gross understatement.

I have no idea about the plusses and minuses of death row vs. solitary confinement vs. general population vs. whatever the alternative to general population is -- but Jodi is pond scum and I think she'll find a way to float to the top. On the other hand, I bet she's not as tough as she thinks and I also bet that there are plenty of women where Jodi is headed who are tougher than I can even imagine. (I've had a pretty soft life.) If she is ever in a position to mingle, her journey up the pecking order will be long and hard, with many injuries and indignities. Heh heh heh.

I would certainly prefer a defeated, deflated, dejected, and demoralized Jodi. Funny how she just seems to bring that out in people.

I have been lurking in the shadows for quite sometime, trying to build up the courage to post...

I arrived late to this party myself and was a wallflower for quite awhile before taking the plunge. People here are nice! Happy to answer questions, engage in discussion, and accept differences of opinion. Just don't double-dip your chip!

She'll never get the chance to murder another innocent person again and the Alexanders can choose to ignore whatever filth emanates from her cement cell forevermore.

May she rot in silence.

lol... with any luck the only filth that will ever emanate from her cell will do so through the sewer.

Sorry, badly written/inaccurate. It was Jodi who offered the plea deal -- for second degree murder. Juan said "Um, no." Here's the whole absurd document. It's as offensive as you'd expect, so have your bucket handy.

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

eta: this bit of Jodi horribleness is how she justifies statements like "I wanted to avoid a trial, but the State insisted."

I think Travis family knew what she would claim at trial, and they told JM to go ahead anyways. But to me, in my opinion, killing TA was worth this to JA. He's dead and that's all she truly cares about. The man who basically told her she was good enough to have sex with but wasn't wife material is gone. She's happy about that.

Unless she get's the DP, so she can be dead as well, she'll spin it like you said. But I guess even if she doesn't get the DP, in 10-20 or so when she's rotting in jail and her 15 min have truly been over and the world doesn't care about her in the least, then she won't be gloating as much as she does now.

I don't understand why all those brave souls who testified for the especially cruel lying torture murderess weren't falling all over themselves to repeat their performances during the sentencing phase.

Especially this reluctance-feigning and lawyer-less soul from Prepaid Legal *advertiser censored* Legal Shield:

View attachment 60055

"I don't have to answer his questions, do I?"

"Can I take the 5th?"

Ah yes. This shrinking violet holds a special place in my heart. He yammers on and on about how ab fab PPL/Legal Shield is, but then -- oops -- when the judge asks him if he has an attorney, his response is "Um, not handy." The judge follows that up with "do you have an attorney you'd like to consult with about this issue," to which Searcy responds by taking a long, hard look at his watch and saying, "um, at this time of day, no."

If only he had a pre-paid legal insurance plan that provided him with a lawyer when he needed one!

Another reason I love this clip is that it shows Juan's little chuckle and grin when he asks Searcy who was in his car and Searcy responds "not relevant."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhNXaJjISI

Ah yes. This shrinking violet holds a special place in my heart. He yammers on and on about how ab fab PPL/Legal Shield is, but then -- oops -- when the judge asks him if he has an attorney, his response is "Um, not handy." The judge follows that up with "do you have an attorney you'd like to consult with about this issue," to which Searcy responds by taking a long, hard look at his watch and saying, "um, at this time of day, no."

If only he had a pre-paid legal insurance plan that provided him with a lawyer when he needed one!

Another reason I love this clip is that it shows Juan's little chuckle and grin when he asks Searcy who was in his car and Searcy responds "not relevant."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RhNXaJjISI

I can't see the video or read the article :sigh:. Did they ever publicly disclose who he was with?

I think Travis family knew what she would claim at trial, and they told JM to go ahead anyways.

Yup. From the plea: [Ms. Arias] is of the understanding that Mr. Alexander's family is not concerned about the fact that many details of Mr. Alexander's relationship with Ms. Arias and/or other parties will be made public.

As far as I know
I can't see the video or read the article :sigh:. Did they ever publicly disclose who he was with?

Weird about the links. Go to youtube and search there for: Gus Searcy takes the fifth

Then do a google search (or whatever) for: arias submits the following memorandum

As far as I know, the identity of the person in the car with has not been made public.

I have no idea how or why this person is in any way significant for this trial.

And Casey's probably laughing at her that she (Casey) is such a better liar- she got off!!

I don't think casey was a better liar as such...more about the jury for me. They had their verdict pretty quick no?

Im pretty sure he left the Mormon church. His grandfather was President and Prophet of the chuch and it caused quite a stir when his grandson disavowed Mormanism.

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but you don't need to be logged into twitter to see their tweets. Assuming you don't do twitter at all because you don't like using it.

Well folks, here we go again. Are we ready for round 2? I am disappointed it's not live online or on TV but I will be here following with everyone else. I don't do Twitter, so I, hoping lots of you great sleuthers will continue to post the live tweets for the rest of us.

Get lots of sleep this weekend, spend lots of time with your spouse and kids, because if it's anything like the last time, we won't have much free time for them come Monday lol.

I bet Jodi wishes she had gone man-hunting in Florida.

I don't think casey was a better liar as such...more about the jury for me. They had their verdict pretty quick no?
Oh I agree that Casey's jury couldn't be bothered to deliberate- one refused to even judge! But Casey probably thinks the reason is because she's a better liar than Jodi.

I tried to watch some of HLN's Jodi Arias programming last night, but I got :furious: with reminders of the convicted murderess and her antics and had to turn it off. JA makes me :puke: I'm not planning to follow the retrial in earnest this time around but will check the forum for updates.

From ^, someone 'close to the defense' is saying several witnesses have refused to testify, and ALV is quoted as saying her family doesn't want her to appear again. Then we have the wonderful foreman giving the defense advice and saying "time has only made him more comfortable with his decision":

Zervakos, who shared his thoughts with the defense team when they met with him to discuss the case.
"Jodi Arias is her own worst enemy. She's a terrible defendant," said Zervakos, one of the four jurors who voted to spare her life. "I was candid with them. I told them it was best if she were not on the stand."
(and)
"We'll never know what happened, and whatever triggered that rage," said Zervakos. "She must be held accountable. But up until then, she had led a relatively normal life."

The jury foreman found mitigating evidence in her lack of criminal history and was not persuaded by the state's argument that the murder was premeditated. Despite the heavy social media backlash from people who wanted the death penalty for Arias, Zervakos said time has only made him more comfortable with in his decision.
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member