Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 32s 32 seconds ago
We have a teacher who says it's a hardship for the students #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
She stays for now #jodiarias

This is fascinating. They don't need to decide guilt/not so what's the deal about being impartial or not? Jodi is GUILTY. PERIOD!

Very strange system.

We're almost at 150 jurors dismissed. The half. Eta: more than the half. 151 gone. And most thought she was guilty. Hmph.

But she is guilty!!!!! this makes no sense to me.

@michaelbkiefer: 26 more potential jurors dismissed from Arias trial for work conflicts and other hardship.

The snail's pace that the last trial moved at has got to be on the minds of potential jurors.

@monicalindstrom: Yes! RT @DerrickSlone: @monicalindstrom With all dismissals, could this end up taking longer than the 2 weeks that was predicted? #jodiarias

(I hope not!)

Maybe she thinks that the people who already know she's guilty know way too much about the previous trial and therefoe couldn't be impartial when it comes to the sentencing phase? I don't know.. I'm trying to figure out why else it would matter if they all think she did it..

But how can she determine that if she doesn't even ask? Sounds like there is little to no elaboration to the question or their answer regarding impartiality.

Judge should be asking do they believe in the death penalty and if they say no, then dismiss them. If they say yes, then ask about can they be impartial, etc... IMO of course (based on the limited info we have and nothing indicating exactly how questions and answers are phrased in the courtroom).

Methinks Jodi is confused about this process as well. She truly believes she could come out of this NOT GUILTY. Can't happen.

But she is guilty!!!!! this makes no sense to me.

I'm concerned. The more people who aren't convinced of her guilt, the bigger the chance we get a foremn type of person on the jury who might vote for LIFE because of some doubt over her guilt. Give me a jury that think she did it. Then they could really continue the work of the first jury.

Maybe the jurors arent saying their minds are made up about GUILt vs INNOCENCE. Maybe their minds are made up about the DEATH PENALTY.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 48s 48 seconds ago
147 jurors remain #jodiarias

I really wish we had more than tweets to go by. I have a hard time believing that the judge is dismissing potential jurors just because they have prejudged JA's guilt. The jurors, when they are selected, will be instructed that JA's guilt is no longer at issue. I assumed that they were only tossing people who had prejudged death vs. life, but from the tweets it sounds like people are being dismissed just for believing something they will be instructed to accept as true anyway.

They should be asking whether anyone believes there is doubt as to her guilt or cruelty of the murder, or if anyone believes the first jury made a mistake, and then asking if those people are able to set aside those feelings and accept the instructions of the court.

Hopefully JM will ask those questions down the road, but in the meantime he's losing potential jurors if these tweets are accurate!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
2 jurors didn't show so 145 remain #jodiarias

BULLETIN: #JodiArias Jurors Being Excused in Drove
Jeff Gold

[video=youtube;DTqzd1jA8Hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTqzd1jA8Hg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

@michaelbkiefer: And he is out of there. 147 remain. Wait two more are dismissed as no-shows. 145 and holding. There will be another pool of 200 Wednesday.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 14s 13 seconds ago
Another 100 jurors are coming on Wednesday 10:30am MST #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 40s 40 seconds ago
Court is dark tomorrow for #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 12s 11 seconds ago
One is a nurse who isn't sure she can find coverage #jodiarias

Seriously, it is asking a lot of citizens to give up what will likely be MONTHS of their time. This is a civic duty and I am usually against anyone trying to get out of it without good reason but the guilt phase dragged on and on and on, and there is every indication that this phase will, too.

@michaelbkiefer: And he is out of there. 147 remain. Wait two more are dismissed as no-shows. 145 and holding. There will be another pool of 200 Wednesday.

@michaelbkiefer: Schedule: hearing at 10 a.m. Wednesday; 100 more jurors come in at 10:30 that day. Judge Stephens canceled the 100 for Wed. afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288