JLM: Other Possible Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloomington has an indoor football team. Lauren disappeared in June. I was thinking there might be a remote possiblity that JM tried out for that team or attended some type of training camp. Small chance and LE would have to be able to put him there for sure. But I agree the MO is so similar. . .and that fact that Lauren was wandering around without her shoes on and JM appears to have a foot fetish kind of creeped me out. He would have noticed that. :shudder:

Lauren disappeared in 2011. That was looong after JM was playing football in college. He was driving taxi duriing that time and may have been playing for that semi-pro team in Charlottsville. They have a completely different season than the collegiate teams..

http://virginiasilverbacks.weebly.com/roster.html
He was on the Silverbacks Roster in 2012, but I don't know about 2011. The schedule for 2012 is east coast though. It look like this team did play as early as May too.

yeah but still he let him get away. That was super sloppy and it should really be reviewed how in the world they would have let this happen. A person that dangerous to get away without even a chase ?

some of the worse police work I ever heard of and he is responsible for it.

He could have escaped forever , we are so fortunate that he was caught so quickly in Texas.

I just wanted to repost this because it is a great succinct article of similar rapes in cville done with a blitz attack, by a black suspect.

http://www.readthehook.com/92943/coverstory-guard-women-brace-against-serial-rapist

I feel sure that Chief Longo wanted to hold JM as soon as JM came into the Police Station asking about an attorney, but the Commonwealth Attorney felt that there wasn't quite enough evidence to justify holding JM. JMO I am flabbergasted that someone driving a Nissan Sentra could go fast enough to elude police, or to cause them to terminate pursuit. No disrespect intended, but I mean c'mon, I used to drive a Nissan Sentra, and getting it up to speed to safely merge onto the highway was no easy thing. Did the have the bike patrol police following him?
:laugh: Are you sure that he was driving the Sentra then? Plus, it seemed to "provide" the charges they needed.....just sayin. . I'm thinking now they need to add the charges from MH and others not only because he deserves them but also to Keep Him where he belongs. Not sure the original charges for HG would keep him, although flight risk surely would.
Would love to hear some legal minds weigh in here: ? Now that they seem to be finding links to others, how does this proceed, do they go with one case, the strongest, or how does it work with charges of multiple homicides/ intents to defile, etc? TIA

:laugh: Are you sure that he was driving the Sentra then? Plus, it seemed to "provide" the charges they needed.....just sayin. . I'm thinking now they need to add the charges from MH and others not only because he deserves them but also to Keep Him where he belongs. Not sure the original charges for HG would keep him, although flight risk surely would. Would love to hear some legal minds weigh in here: ? Now that they seem to be finding links to others, how does this proceed, do they go with one case, the strongest, or how does it work with charges of multiple homicides/ intents to defile, etc? TIA

I'm guessing the reason they didn't is because the officers/agents following him were not pursuit officers in pursuit vehicles. Their task was surveillance.

I'm guessing the reason they didn't is because the officers/agents following him were not pursuit officers in pursuit vehicles. Their task was surveillance.

Possibly...each state and jurisdiction has their own rules about HSP. If the pursuing officers deemed it too unsafe to continue the pursuit then its called off....regardless of who they are pursing.

I remember reading that about Bonnie and Carter Mountain. Thank you for update because I had not heard about the other lady missing since July 2. Scary! My local news doesn't always update us about missing people. I know where Zion Crossroads is. It's very odd about missing women around here and their cars reappearing other places. Going to read the link now.

LE has searched at lest twice for Hannah at Carter Mountain orchard, which is near where Bonnie was last seen, so they may be thinking the same thing. Bonnie was last seen at about 1am on July 12.

Another woman also went missing near Charlottesville this summer. (Janet) Renee Field, 49, was last on July 2 by her husband at home and her car was found 20 miles away in the Zion Crossroads park and ride lot. Zion Crossroads is about 17 miles east of Charlottesville.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?248908-VA-Janet-Renee-Field-49-Fluvanna-2-July-2014
(she looks kind of like Karen from Galveston who spotted LJM on the beach)

I feel sure that Chief Longo wanted to hold JM as soon as JM came into the Police Station asking about an attorney, but the Commonwealth Attorney felt that there wasn't quite enough evidence to justify holding JM. JMO I am flabbergasted that someone driving a Nissan Sentra could go fast enough to elude police, or to cause them to terminate pursuit. No disrespect intended, but I mean c'mon, I used to drive a Nissan Sentra, and getting it up to speed to safely merge onto the highway was no easy thing. Did the have the bike patrol police following him?

Reading this has me crylaughing I had a Sentra and loved that fred flintstone car, pedal elley pedal it will go faster. iirc he was with his family/family member.

Longo said Matthew walked into the station and asked for a lawyer late Saturday afternoon. After he spoke with a lawyer, Longo said Matthew left the station, got into a vehicle with another person and sped off.

http://wtvr.com/2014/09/21/arrest-warrant-issued-for-jesse-matthew-in-hannah-graham-mystery/

Longo said Matthew had stopped by the Charlottesville Police Department's station Saturday with several family members and asked for a lawyer. He was provided with a lawyer but left in a vehicle at a high rate of speed that endangered other drivers and led to the reckless driving charge, according to the police chief. He said Matthew was there for about an hour.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/0...m-charged-with-reckless-driving-leaving-.html

I totally agree and this seems so obvious to me. I asked this is a different thread. Why do colleges investigate rather than LE? If a crime is reported to them are they not obligated to contact LE? :confused: Is there a legal reason why crime victims report to the college first rather than LE? Allowing a college to handle a crime on campus seems a huge conflict of interest to me.

Presently federal law requires colleges to investigate any sexual assault allegation. Not sure whether this law was in effect in 2002.

This has come up recently with Florida State finally beginning an investigation of the Jameis Winston rape allegations that the State of Florida decided not to pursue nearly ten months ago.

I just wanted to repost this because it is a great succinct article of similar rapes in cville done with a blitz attack, by a black suspect.

http://www.readthehook.com/92943/coverstory-guard-women-brace-against-serial-rapist

A portion of this article says:

Police have known that a serial rapist was on the prowl in town since 1999, when DNA evidence linked a Charlottesville attack with one in Waynesboro two years earlier. The rapist struck twice more in 2000, and then there was an apparent hiatus, until attacks police think are linked started again in August 2002.

Is this the same time-frame in which JM was at Liberty University?

Local news in VA is indicating a new look is being taken at Cassandra Morgan's murder, whose body was found on a farm in Albemarle County, to see if there may be evidentiary links. Apparently the property was owned by Liberty University.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lyn...newed-look-at-campbell-county-murder/28334000

This case is so much bigger than anyone ever could have.imagined. Is this guy the first serial killer we have seen in a while? Since Ted Bundy???

Here is a list of possible JLM victims, dates, type evidence and/or location listed chronologically. Are there others? If so, add them to list.

Rape Victim 2002 Liberty University - testimony of victim, room mate, team mate (maybe even school official, or is that too much to hope?)
Autumn Wind Day, 26 – 7/03 – missing Newport News, VA - during time JLM attended Christopher Newport University.
Sophie May Rivera, 31 – 9/7/03 – missing Newport News, VA - during time JLM attended Christopher Newport University.
Rape Victim - 2005 Fairfax, VA - DNA, witness ID, testimony
Cassandra Morton, 23, 10/10/09– body found on Liberty U property, near Lynchburg, Morton was found dead on Candlers Mountain 48 days after reported missing.
Morgan Harrington 2009 - Charlottesville, VA - DNA, JLM location/vocation
DaShad Laquinn Smith, 19 Charlottesville, 9/20/12 – male black dressed as female, POI Erik McFadden - search dogs had slight response at drain pond behind UVA Medical Center when JLM was working there.
Hannah Graham, 18 - 9/13/14 - Charlottesville, VA - DNA, video, witnesses

You should read the article that someone posted earlier at http://www.readthehook.com/92943/coverstory-guard-women-brace-against-serial-rapist. I live in Charlottesville and I remember all of these goings on in the article. It's eerie to read this article and think about this Hannah's case and others. Perhaps some connection???

I'm not with the whole revenge mode thing. I think he's living with desires. He slaps and throws a girl around and rapes her at Liberty.

Reporting of that didn't create these desires. He continued on with the intent of leaving no witnesses to report.

Being a Cabbie leaves someone lots of time alone in the dark, and I suspect he was drawn to that work, so he could encounter women he can control.

He didn't think he was going to get caught. I believe he thought he was going to go through life as a Predator with the missing girl posters building up.

MOO.

agree with this.

I'm not sure when Lauren Spierer disappeared, but it seems the same to me, drunk girl walking alone, could he have possibly been in Indiana, maybe for an away game?

Again, another FB comment I am mentioning. Of course may not be true, but a woman commented that she went.to high school with JM and he was.kicked off the Cheerleading Support team bc he was fondling the cheerleaders. She.said.he was always creepy to her, even back then...I am starting to think he was probably not raping and murdering until college, but probably showing.signs of inappropriate behavior and predator-like actions in high school. It's a real shame his parents didn't see this and get him help before it.escalated...

This serial rapist has been caught and put away for life. http://www.readthehook.com/76579/serial-rapist-pleads-guilty-gets-4-life-sentences

A portion of this article says:

Police have known that a serial rapist was on the prowl in town since 1999, when DNA evidence linked a Charlottesville attack with one in Waynesboro two years earlier. The rapist struck twice more in 2000, and then there was an apparent hiatus, until attacks police think are linked started again in August 2002.

Is this the same time-frame in which JM was at Liberty University?

I am curious- did JLM indeed play his last game at CNU on 09/06/2003? Sophie May Rivera was last seen the following day 09/07/2003. Maybe games amp him up? Just a thought.

:wagon: to Websleuths, marshmallowlulu!

Great first post! :wave:

yeah but still he let him get away. That was super sloppy and it should really be reviewed how in the world they would have let this happen. A person that dangerous to get away without even a chase ?

some of the worse police work I ever heard of and he is responsible for it.

He could have escaped forever , we are so fortunate that he was caught so quickly in Texas.

It was really just shocking that JLM was allowed to make his escape. The only excuse I can imagine is that LE didn't think he had the resources or would be brazen enough to go on the lam. But still — esp. knowing what they thought they might be zeroing in on — it should have been handled with much, much more care.

Fortunately, the stars aligned on that beach in Galveston. Everyone owes "Karen" a huge debt of gratitude for calling it in to the local PD, after Crime Stoppers refused to take her seriously!!

The silver lining is that LE now has incontrovertible proof of his flight risk, which will make it impossible for him to post bond. (He actually requested it in Texas — imagine the nerve — but his fugitive status kept him under a federal hold.)

No point even in taking him to the bond hearing on Thurs., video link will do. I feel sorry for whoever has to deal with this monster in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle