GUILTY AR - Beverly Carter, 49, Little Rock, 25 Sep 2014 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
from presser
- notification of BCs body being found was done at the carter household by LE
- Carter family was so hopeful and kept the fuel going
Q Is lewis considered a suspect in other crimes
A We cannot say right now, but from his actions, he has definitely put himself on the radar (paraphrasing)

Q have you been contacted by other LE agencies in regards to AL
A not about AL, but about similar cases to BC

Q was there a lead detective
A Jeff Alison

Q we heard he wanted to plead guilty ... (couldnt hear more)
A You cant plead guilty until you're formally charged in circuit court. we play by the rules & it's way early to start talking about the disposition of the case

Q i believe they asked something about sexual assual being added
A he said no comment

- were really hoping for a positive outcome
- results from crime lab will be instrumental

Q Did beverly fight back, did someone surprise him (reporter asked that based on ALs criminal past, do they think someone surprised him at the house or did Beverly fight back which escalated to her murder)
A no comment

Q can you tell us more about the appt he made
A still getting more information and not comfortable definitely stating anything

Q have you recoverd a weapon?
- cut off, said that was the last question

Say what? What does that mean?

I agree. I believe his comment about her being "a rich broker" had little to nothing to do with his crime. As a matter of fact, I believe the opposite of everything that comes out of his mouth to be the truth. Several rumors online contain the threat of rape to various women by him. I think that was the reason he targeted her and possibly others before her. I hope he suffers in prison.

BBM

Agree. To paraphrase a famous quote:
Arron Lewis is a lying liar who lies.

The hesitance by LE in answering the question IRT if there was a sexual assault lead me to believe that there was. LE could have said, "I don't believe so." They could have said, "We don't have information back on that yet."
What is your take on that aspect?

I believe he was non committal because forensic results didn't come back yet.

What aggravates the living daylights out of me is when reporters ask dumba** questions like the one asked in this press conference.
Something along the lines of, "How did the family react?"
WTHeck? How do you think they reacted? I just hate that people are clueless enough to ask those questions and I wish the panel would have told them, "Sit down and don't ask anymore questions, you idiot."
That would have given those few seconds to another reporter who might have asked an intelligent question.

What aggravates the living daylights out of me is when reporters ask dumba** questions like the one asked in this press conference.
Something along the lines of, "How did the family react?"
WTHeck? How do you think they reacted? I just hate that people are clueless enough to ask those questions and I wish the panel would have told them, "Sit down and don't ask anymore questions, you idiot."
That would have given those few seconds to another reporter who might have asked an intelligent question.

And it's totally disrespectful! Give the family some space, respect and time to grieve.

Does her husband have to identify her body? I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like!!!

Say what? What does that mean?
other LE wanted info on the set up of the crime (MO)scene and victim to compare to crimes that might appear similar to crimes they are investigating(maybe searching for a common link)

So help me follow...
Info from her phone led LE to Arron, according to the presser. Is this info from iCloud, call log from provider, or do they actually have her phone (like it was for sure in the truck he wrecked)? We've heard all of these things, but I'm trying to sort fact from rumor.

other LE wanted info on the set up of the crime (MO)scene and victim to compare to crimes that might appear similar to crimes they are investigating(maybe searching for a common link)

Oh, gotcha. Thanks

So help me follow...
Info from her phone led LE to Arron, according to the presser. Is this info from iCloud, call log from provider, or do they actually have her phone (like it was for sure in the truck he wrecked)? We've heard all of these things, but I'm trying to sort fact from rumor.

maybe they traced the number used to make the appointment to him or worked it in reverse and found his number in her phone records

Just my opinion, but I think they are going to need her phone. She wouldn't have opened two houses if he hadn't been pre-qualified. That's standard procedure. Of course, he probably stole that information too but the question is who did she think was coming over?

I've been shown houses before prior to having been pre-qualified. And if he was going to be a cash buyer, there's really nothing for which he needs to qualify.

Great thought. I have owned and purchased homes, and consider myself fairly well-educated and I would probably still just say "Realtor" rather than know specifically or say specifically that Beverly was a 'broker'.

Could she have given him her business card? That might be where he saw that term.

What surprises me is that this guy obviously loves attention. I'm surprised he wasn't reveling in it by watching and reading all he could about the case vs driving around like a maniac. Still thinks there's much more to the story...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam