Hannah Graham: The Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove through central Virginia this past weekend and I am never short of amazed at the vast amount of remote land in the area. The scenic hills and mountains seem a little more sinister these days. After winding through pretty isolated mountain roads at night (one of which google poetically describes as 'a curvaceous crossing of the spine of the Blue Ridge Mountains'.) I couldn't help think of Hannah. And of Morgan. And how I was glad I was not riding alone.

Like many of us here my heart aches for them and their families...and for any unknown victims. I hope there is some closure at the end of all of this. I would like to thank everyone - the families, law enforcement, and volunteer citizens - for their hard work in searching for answers and seeking justice for JM's victims.

:thinking:

I hope landowners are checking their properties.

I really wish LE had told people outside a certain radius of Cville to also check their land.
They did. And they STILL DO.

Chief Longo: "We're asking every person within the sound of my voice to find Hannah." "We have no idea whatsoever" where she is. Chief Longo also asked property owners to check their property, especially larger areas like farms, for any clues.

Just want to send prayers to Hannah's family. With the link between the missing/murdered/raped girl cases, this cannot look good for them in the hopes of getting her back alive. :(

It is so hard to get even suburban folks off their rears. Know this from Casey Anthony case...Cannot imagine what it involves to ask people to search acres of land.

Again, so many of these articles are misleading. He punched someone in the face, necessitating hospital treatment.

And the four, five continuances in these cases show a courtroom veteran.

Someone posted earlier, too, that those continuances surround something with MH. I don't recall now what, and I'll never find it again.

He is asking, but he's not asking far enough. He never mentioned Rockbridge or Augusta. Many of us do not get Cville news on television. It's Roanoke. If Roanoke played him saying their county, they would listen and file that in back of mind. Many only listen to local news and nothing else.

They did. And they STILL DO.

Chief Longo: "We're asking every person within the sound of my voice to find Hannah." "We have no idea whatsoever" where she is. Chief Longo also asked property owners to check their property, especially larger areas like farms, for any clues.

“[Investigators] are going to look at his cellphone records, work and credit history and credit card information to piece together where he’s been and what he’s been doing,” Van Zandt said of Matthew, who is being held alone in restrictive housing at the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail.
Court records detail a frenzied effort by investigators in search of evidence that could lead to Graham. At least a dozen search warrants have been filed for information ranging from bank and credit history records to requests for Matthew’s social media and credit card history, according to court records. Police also have searched his home and car. Records of the searches and any results are under a court-ordered seal.
"Court records detail a frenzied effort by investigators in search of evidence that could lead to Graham. At least a dozen search warrants have been filed for information ranging from bank and credit history records to requests for Matthew’s social media and credit card history, according to court records. Police also have searched his home and car. Records of the searches and any results are under a court-ordered seal."

http://m.dailyprogress.com/news/loc...bee-4908-11e4-994e-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

He is asking, but he's not asking far enough. He never mentioned Rockbridge or Augusta. Many of us do not get Cville news on television. It's Roanoke. If Roanoke played him saying their county, they would listen and file that in back of mind. Many only listen to local news and nothing else.

Would you call/email that in as a tip? Particularly if they're seriously wanting help in those areas, and with the possible Craigsville and Lexington sightings, they likely are.

Someone posted earlier, too, that those continuances surround something with MH. I don't recall now what, and I'll never find it again.
Were you looking for this?

It would be interesting to know what was making JLM so explosive in 2009:

June 4, 2009: JLM assaults attorney Eric Wilke around 10 p.m. on a weeknight
http://wvtf.org/post/charlottesville...-jesse-matthew

October 17, 2009: Morgan Harrington vanishes after not being able to reenter a Metallica concert at the arena

November 11, 2009: UVa student finds MH's Pantera shirt draped over the bush in front of apartments on 15th street. Confirmation that the shirt is indeed MH's is not made public until the following April.
http://www.readthehook.com/67960/pan...an-harringtons

This last part I'll have to verify, but. . . .
Sometime in April, JLM has his attorney contact Wilke and have charges dropped if JLM will cover Wilke's medical expenses. I'm not sure as to the timing of charges being dropped and whether it is before or after the media releases the information that the shirt was definitely MH's.

***Since I posted that (post 1048 in "JLM: Morgan Harrington/Fairfax Rape Victim - *Forensic Link* to MH" thread), somebody else posted that the case was settled April 22.

Would you call/email that in as a tip? Particularly if they're seriously wanting help in those areas, and with the possible Craigsville and Lexington sightings, they likely are.

Yes! Most certainly. I feel if people heard their county they would take more of a call to action. We have people who rarely go to Cville and they may not think it concerns them.

Searchers today included 35 from the department of Emergency Management (already posted) to the north of Charlotesville and the Police Chief who used TV and radio to again ask all who could hear his voice to again search their lands.

Is it safe to assume that if they'd found anything at all today that we'd have heard something? (like a neighbor noticing them taking things, etc).

Is it safe to assume that if they'd found anything at all today that we'd have heard something? (like a neighbor noticing them taking things, etc).
The place it would have been heard today is on the scanner thread ( I was out skating and didnt have time for it.) usually it takes 24 hours before the Sheriff holds a press conf. to let the public know about an important discovery.:fence:

The place it would have been heard today is on the scanner thread ( I was out skating and didnt have time for it.) usually it takes 24 hours before the Sheriff holds a press conf. to let the public know about an important discovery.:fence:

i'm just logging in. you heard that they found items during the search today? or she's asking if they did find anything we would know by now?

i'm just logging in. you heard that they found items during the search today? or she's asking if they did find anything we would know by now?
We havent heard anything up here but you might try the scanner down below.:gaah:

I'm not so sure we'd hear of a find unless it's her body :(

LE is keeping this very close to the vest. They aren't taking any risks. In fact, I was pretty surprised to hear an LE source confirmed DNA link; I bet Longo was pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa