Status
Not open for further replies.
@SGirouxCTV · 54s54 seconds ago
Landlord describes the discovery of suitcase with torso next to apt building

@sleeCJAD · 38s38 seconds ago
Says he told the janitor to call the police

@sleeCJAD · 38s38 seconds ago
Says he told the janitor to call the police

I just lost a whole bunch of tweets !!! Will try to recover them, but court has just taken lunch break.

Arghhh

Seriously messed here ... for some reason my copy/paste is no longer working and will only keep repeating the previous paste no matter what I'm trying to copy. Might be my mouse which has been finicky all morning. Will try to fix whatever it is during the lunch break

Do you want me to pick up the rest of the morning tweets and post them sillybilly?

I'll just post the ones from Sue Montgomery

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 40m 40 minutes ago

May 29: Cleaner found suitcase in back of building, with maggots and smelly. I told him to check. He said there was torso in it

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 39m 39 minutes ago

There was a lot of stuff because the garbage hadn't been picked up, Schorer said. had security cameras because of break ins in laundry

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 38m 38 minutes ago

They had 4 surveillance cameras. Screens in Schorer's apt. On 24/7. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 38m 38 minutes ago

Cross of Schorer by Leclair. Cameras at entrance, lobby, 1st floor and basement #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 36m 36 minutes ago

Leclair saying there's a camera on second floor. Schorer says no, impossible.We have clips from 2nd floor, Leclair says. Impossible#magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 35m 35 minutes ago

Schorer not sure how the apt was advertised. Didn't point out cameras to #Magnotta, he said

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 34m 34 minutes ago

I showed him the apt, Schorer said. He filled out application, which went to administration. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 30m 30 minutes ago

The name on application was Luka Rocca #Magnotta, Schorer confirms. Court has no copy of application, Leclair notes

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 29m 29 minutes ago

#magnotta was very cordial the day he applied for apt, Schorer says. Very normal. What do you mean by that? leclair asks

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 29m 29 minutes ago

well if someone came in screaming we wouldn't rent them an apartment, Schorer said. he has a very deep voice, polite, normal #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 28m 28 minutes ago

#Magnotta made eye contact. Do you recall that, Leclair says, or are you just saying that?

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 27m 27 minutes ago

What was he wearing? Leclair asks. jeans, couldn't tell you what colour top, Schorer says. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 28m 28 minutes ago

That's the end of the recorded testimony of Schorer. Lunch break now, back at 2 pm #Magnotta

So it was the building manager who said the garbage had not been picked up. And Leclair was pressing him on what he meant by "normal" in regards to LM's demeanor when he applied for the apt. And of course LM lied about his situation in order to secure the apt. As most people who think normally would do in these circumstances. He knew he had to lie and embellish to get the place. An insane person probably wouldn't.

Didn't know the building manager had passed away. RIP Mr Schorer :rose: . What a terrible way to finish out your life. Another unfortunate victim of LM.

MOO

Do you want me to pick up the rest of the morning tweets and post them sillybilly?

Yes Thank You, Kamille !!

I've done a restart, changed the batteries in my mouse, but same problem is happening. Never had this happen before so don't know what the problem is.

I posted earlier that I think Leclair is going to tie that S&M thing in with the fact that there was another man who was tied up a week earlier and was not killed. And then he'll probably suggest that LJ was killed because LM had a psychotic break or something when LJ was tied up consentually. Problem is, I don't think the video showed LJ tied up and alive did it? I've personally never seen it.

And yes...everything LM did in the months, weeks and days before this, including pre posting about the video before LJ was killed, is going to play against this flimsy theory they are trying to build that it was not premeditated but a sudden onset of mental illness.

MOO

The first 53 seconds of the video shows someone alive on the bed (tied up, after that it jumps to a body laying on the bed) but we've learned in court that it wasn't LJ in those first seconds. I wonder if we'll hear from whoever it was.

The first 53 seconds of the video shows someone alive on the bed (tied up, after that it jumps to a body laying on the bed) but we've learned in court that it wasn't LJ in those first seconds. I wonder if we'll hear from whoever it was.

When it jumps to the body lying on the bed, which we now know is LJ, is that body tied up? Is there any evidence that LM was able to tie LJ to the bed with his consent while he was alive? What was the official COD? Was LJ killed trying to flee the apt when he realized how creepy LM was, LM killed him and then put him on the bed? Or has it been proven that there was consensual sex between them on that bed before LM killed him?

TIA

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 6m 6 minutes ago
And we're back with next witness: Michael Nadeau, janitor at #Magnotta's Decarie apartment

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 6m 6 minutes ago
Garbage pick up is Tuesdays and Fridays. Nadeau takes it out in the morning and places it on sidewalk or street. #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 5m 5 minutes ago
On May 29, 2012 Nadeau was taking garbage out and noticed a suitcase. He had taken a lot of furniture out before

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 5m 5 minutes ago
There were maggots crawling all over the suitcase, Nadeau said. We opened it with pliers, broke lock on it. In the alley #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 4m 4 minutes ago
We unzipped the zipper, opened it, saw neck, shoulders and top of torso and that was enough for us. Called 911 right away. #magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 3m 3 minutes ago
Eric Schorer, building manager, had a heart attack and died March 1, Nadeau said #Magnotta

suemontgomery @MontgomerySue · 2m 2 minutes ago
No garbage chute in the building. people expected to carry garbage downstairs themselves and put it in barrels #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 39s39 seconds ago
The screens are not working in the courtroom. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 3m3 minutes ago
Technical issue, again, with images on the screen #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Ok, showing pictures on overhead projector. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Witness being shown photos of garbage outside the building. Lots of garbage had been put out on Friday but wasn't picked up #magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Witness being shown photos of the suitcase. I might have noticed the suitcase a couple of days before but I'm not sure #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 52s53 seconds ago
Know the defendant? No, he says. Just say hello to tenants as they pass, that's all. Says #Magnotta lived in apt. 208.

Nadeau took the mattresses out of the apartment, he didn't clean it. #Magnotta

Crown done with witness. Defence's turn. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 2m2 minutes ago
Cross of this witness by Leclair. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 2m2 minutes ago
After the police investigated unit No. 208 (the one #Magnotta was renting) building workers removed the furniture and fridge for cleaning.

Can you go downstairs from the balcony? Leclair asks. There's a fire escape, Nadeau says #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 1m1 minute ago
Leclair wants to know if apt 208 was accessible via back door. Janitor says no #Magnotta

Allan Woods ‏@WoodsAllan · 48s48 seconds ago
“Anybody who passes through the basement will be caught on tape,” says building janitor Michael Nadeau #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
defence attorney Leclair is cross-examining. Asks again about security cameras, reestablishes #Magnotta livd on second floor.

Nadeau lives on the third floor of the Decarie Blvd building. You can go out the fire escape but not in, he says #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 54s54 seconds ago
Someone can only get in the building if locked door is left ajar. #Magnotta

Allan Woods ‏@WoodsAllan · 39s39 seconds ago
Garbage bags were put out for trash on Tuesday morning, but furniture and suitcase had been at curb since Friday or the weekend. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 59s60 seconds ago
Leclair is trying to figure out the timeline of when the suitcase and garbage bags with #Magnotta's belongings were put to the curb.

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 1m2 minutes ago
The suitcase may have been there since Friday and over the weekend, Nadeau said #Magnotta

Suitcase there since Friday? Not sure, the witness says. Garbage pickup was few days later on Tuesday. #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 57s57 seconds ago
Nadeau says he may know three people in the whole building. I don't hang around in the hallways or lobby. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Witness is done. Next. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 56s57 seconds ago
The next witness is up for chief testimony. Luc Savard of the Montreal police. #Magnotta

Section des crimes technologiques: extracts data from computers. #Magnotta

Allan Woods ‏@WoodsAllan · 58s58 seconds ago
Technical unit specialized in retrieving info from computers, cell phones, video to assist investigators #Magnotta

Defence has an issue. Jury dismissed. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 51s51 seconds ago
WItness leaves too. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 4m4 minutes ago
Debate over. Everyone being called back. #Magnotta

Luc Savard says he was asked on May 29 to go help out at a crime scene re: digital security camera. #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Savard was at the apartment building for about 7 hours. He was validating the time shown on surveillance cameras against real time #Magnotta

amy minsky ‏@amyminsky · 49s49 seconds ago
The date and time were accurate, he says. We couldn't get the data on-site, so investigators decided to take the cameras to a lab #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 34s34 seconds ago
The cameras were activated by movement. If nothing moves, recording stops #Magnotta

suemontgomery ‏@MontgomerySue · 56s56 seconds ago
Sgt Det Paradiso asked police Savard to take footage from surveillance cameras from post office in pharmacy #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 53s53 seconds ago
Savard was asked to isolate various images showing suspect moving inside the nearby Jean Coutu, where there was a post office #Magnotta

Witness describes images from security camera from Jean Coutu on Queen Mary, says accused spotted at 7:12 pm. #Magnotta

Michele Mandel ‏@MandelSun · 26s26 seconds ago
Cop also took footage from surveillance camera in convenience store where victim worked part-time. #Magnotta

Stephane Giroux ‏@SGirouxCTV · 41s41 seconds ago
Went to post office at Les Ailes de La Mode to also extract video. Suspect is spotted with package on May 26th #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD · 43s44 seconds ago
WItness says used USB key to extract images. Crown done, defence has no questions. #Magnotta

Michele Mandel ‏@MandelSun · 1m1 minute ago
and jury excused again for technical issues this time.#Magnotta

That poor jury. :(

I've got to go out for a while. If anyone can jump in and post the tweets great. If not, I can catch up on them later when I get back home.

Will try again here .. problem now intermittent, so will see how it goes.

@amyminsky · 8m8 minutes ago
Bouthillier finishes his questions, defence has none. Next witness

@WoodsAllan · 7m7 minutes ago
Crown questions finished of police officer Luc Savard. Defence has no questions. Next witness coming. Crown says will use photos

MontgomerySue · 8m8 minutes ago
Break in

@MandelSun · 8m8 minutes ago
and jury excused again for technical issues this time

sleeCJAD · 8m8 minutes ago
Next witness is up. Break while they set up photo viewing equipment

@sidhartha_b · 9m9 minutes ago
Next up at #Magnotta will be homicide investigator Claudette Hamelin, one of the investigating officers in the case

@sleeCJAD · 53s53 seconds ago
Judge is back

@WoodsAllan · 53s53 seconds ago
Court is back in session, as they say. Jury coming in a few minutes to hear for first time from a homicide investigator

@sleeCJAD · 24s24 seconds ago
Jury being brought in

@SGirouxCTV · 52s52 seconds ago
Claudette Hamelin, #SPVM detective takes the stand

@MontgomerySue · 57s58 seconds ago
She's been with major crimes division since November, 2011. Got first call May 29 in the morning

@SGirouxCTV · 1m1 minute ago
Got first call 10:50 am on May 29th 2012 for suspicious death

@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Hamelin says first got call May 29, 2012 for suspicious death at 5720 Decarie. She is with major crimes unit

sleeCJAD · 2m2 minutes ago
Hamelin says as investigator on the scene, she led the operation

sleeCJAD · 58s59 seconds ago
Hamelin says she saw the suitcase in question in back of the apt. building in the alley. The biggest kind you can buy, canvas

MontgomerySue · 31s32 seconds ago
Arrived at #Magnotta apt building. Saw suitcase in the back. Was large grey suitcase, had six tears on it and white paint.

@sleeCJAD · 49s49 seconds ago
She says the back of the torso found inside the suitcase had no cuts corresponding with the cuts on the bag

@CTVBeauchemin · 31s31 seconds ago
Hamelin saw the suitcase in alley. Grey, it had paint speckles and six cuts in back

Describes suitcase as stained with white paint

@sleeCJAD · 56s57 seconds ago
Hamelin being shown photo of suitcase

@sleeCJAD · 51s52 seconds ago
I'll have an objection but after her testimony, defence says. "That's very unusual," says the crown

Photos of that suitcase again, with torso still in it

Witness says there are white paint stains on the suitcase. Looks like aerosol, found a can in the garbage

MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
Suitcase stained with white spray paint. Hamelin attended autopsy of torso

sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Crown entering copy of #Magnotta passport and bank record

@WoodsAllan · 44s44 seconds ago
May 29, 2012 was a day of storms and strong winds. A tent was erected around the suitcase containing Jun Lin’s torso

sleeCJAD · 43s43 seconds ago
Witness says suspicious death turned into a homicide. Tent erected because of approaching rainstorm and lots of media present

@SGirouxCTV · 54s54 seconds ago
Police quickly ruled a homicide. Crime scene was problematic. It was a wet day, media already all around

@MontgomerySue · 51s51 seconds ago
saw blood leaking out of garbage bags stacked up outside apt building, Hamelin said

@sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Witness says there was a stream of blood running from the pile of garbage so they went through each bag

@sleeCJAD · 44s45 seconds ago
Witness says they found pieces of #Magnotta id, tools with blood on it or what looked like blood, some clothes, a little puppy, body parts

@MontgomerySue · 37s38 seconds ago
Found ID of Magnotta in garbage with his address, a puppy, things with blood on them, she said

SGirouxCTV · 1m1 minute ago
Found items that had Magnotta's name and address, human remains, clothes

@amyminsky · 1m1 minute ago
Blood was leaking from the garbage bags down the sidewalk. When they went through the bags, they found body parts and the dog

@sleeCJAD · 34s34 seconds ago
Witness made aware of Ottawa and Vancouver items later that night

@SGirouxCTV · 30s31 seconds ago
Some items not photographed: camera, laptop found in garbage

@sleeCJAD · 45s45 seconds ago
Items seized, useful for investigation and not photographed? Yes, camera, laptop, she says. They looked normal, functional

MontgomerySue · 43s43 seconds ago
found camera, laptop and they were put in sealed bag before police photographed them, Hamelin said

@sleeCJAD · 36s37 seconds ago
Witness says they sent items to tech crime dept

@SGirouxCTV · 27s28 seconds ago
Says all police had back then was a torso and lots of garbage. She was looking for more body parts

sleeCJAD · 1m1 minute ago
Witness says through deduction, was looking for other body parts or tools to do it, after finding torso

MontgomerySue · 1m1 minute ago
We had a trunk and blood, so by deduction had to look for the rest of the body, Hamelin said

Witness says bag 2 had normal household garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam