Sheila and Katherine Lyon-sisters missing since 1975 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have they always had that current looking photo of Welch (above the booking ones from 1977)? Or does this mean they have recently found him?

Have they always had that current looking photo of Welch (above the booking ones from 1977)? Or does this mean they have recently found him?

Yes, I've definitely seen it before today. I thought he was currently in jail for other crimes (?)

The newer-looking one says "Welch in 1994."

Aaaagggh had the page open for ages now it's frozen!!!

Chief, Montgomery Cty:

Richard Allen Welsh Sr is POI

Oh, no- Richard Allan Welch, Sr. was a security guard at the period. He is the uncle of Michael Welch, the prime suspect in the girls' disappearance.

Multi jurisdictional Gd Jury

GJ is beginning tomorrow at Bedford Cty Courthouse

punishment for perjury
subpoena witnesses, docs and testaments
hold peop in contempt for defying GJ, refusing to testify, etc
will jail if uncooperative w/GJ

Many investgtve leads, but people out here still
that know what happened that day
and they are still here
responsibility to step forward
2 girls the main victims, but
are many other victims involved

A Grand Jury is being convened to hear testimony on this case. Rather strong words on what will happen to those who lie to the Grand Jury.
Richard Allan Welch, Sr. owns land in the area they are searching. He uses the alias LLoyd? He uses various alias. He was married at that time- photo of him with wife, looks like a 1980's style hairdos.
Question- " Is the Welch family being cooperative?" "Cann't answer that while the Grand Jury is investigating. "

Believe we will get to bottom
of numerous crimes
when this invest is over

believe he (Sr) was security guard in Wheaton area
but we want t public to help w/that

If know where he worked
step forward &
tell us where he worked

I thought it was going to be Uncle Richard as he lives in Hyattsville where Welch lived and unfortunately,his Facebook says he works at a daycare. :gaah: I believe the daycare is owned by family but that's JMO.

"Yes, I believe they are."
"Was he a security guard at that Mall" 'Does someone know where he worked?'
"We need to help bring these girls home to get a Christian burial"
What kind of private property is being searched on the mountain? It is quite expansive. We've been searching. Looks of acreage, rattlesnakes, very rough, remote property to search.

The Mountain
that is basically where we have been
It's quite expansive
We will continue to search, and
hopefully we will b successful

wooded, rough, rocky, rattlesnakes
very rough, it's remote
lot of acreage

every rock we turn over
we develop a lead

I hope the individuals with knowledge of the murders are still alive and coherent. You would think in searches for the missing, LE, under strict guidelines would override the need to obtain permission to search private property.

"Authorities said Thursday they believe "there's a good chance" the Lyon girls are in Bedford County.

Ground penetrating radar has been used recently to aid in the search of property on Taylor's Mountain owned by the Welch family relatives.
A forensic anthropologist was on the mountain using the radar technology this past weekend that can identify cavities and disturbances in the soil, along with varying soil densities.
"It's not something that is obvious, that you look at a screen and you see something obvious and you say dig there,” Randy Krantz, Bedford County Commonwealth's Attorney, said over the weekend. “It will generate a series of reports that we are going to have to look at that may guide where to look. We're in a large land area up there, but we believe we are getting closer."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...cheduled-for-3-p-m--107716.html#ixzz3F1Gh8ojI
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member