Identified! OK - Oklahoma City, 'Sharon Marshall' 8UFOK, Apr'90 - Suzanne Sevakis

I checked Ancestry and Peoplefinder, and can't find any instances of anyone with the surname Sevakig.

That is strange. Google is suggesting to me that it's Estonian?

I'm pretty sure Sevakig is a misspelling. I can't find it anywhere.

If it's correct, though, I don't think it would be Estonian. It's a unique-sounding and somewhat ''melodic'' language that's related to Finnish; I don't know how to explain it but you can see this list of Estonian surnames, which gives you an idea of the structure/sound. 'Sevakig' sounds more Germanic to me, more specifically Scandinavian (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic).

Oh my God! I thought I was imagining things when I read the title. I didn't think this would ever get solved, but I'm glad Sharon has her real identity back.

Also, Sevakig doesn't sound very Germanic to me, personally.

Wow. This has only been a case I've thought of infrequently, but I was so surprised to see "Identified!" that I had to rush in to see what happened. Great news.

Suzanne Maree Sevakis

A law needs to be enacted in Suzanne's name.
The law would permit the person be it a parent/friend/family/ ?
to report a missing child regardless of family connection.

The new law would allow an alert for a missing child like the Amber Alert.

Also no more 24 hour waiting what's the point of that anyway?
Many times waiting makes the danger and possible finding of a person and or child impossible.
That rule has to go. No more 24 hour waiting what harm would it do anyway? reporting someone missing for less than 24 hours?

The sooner a missing person is reported no matter if it is a runaway or a kidnapping and all other situations the person bottom line is not where they are supposed to be right?

I would rather be safe than sorry.
:judge:

Also I have owned this book since it came out in September "2004"
I have kept it on my bedroom shelf on display and said a prayer for her and her family everyday for resolution.
I have also written to the author.
As I am sure many of us here have done.
Now that Suzanne Marie Sevakig has been identified, I am looking foreword to a forum devoted to her.
Also hoping her family joins us in forums here.
Also:
I will be happy to know her true Birthday [ as I recall it was never mentioned the fake or true birthdate she had?] for entering school.Or that she told her friends?
Her family will need lots of support and I really do plan on watching each show the family is on about this case.
A movie true to life would also be interesting.
Now we know the truth.
I am like everyone who has had an interest in this case, in shock!
All that needed done to find her and save her was trace the marriage of FDF and her Mother to locate her or them sooner.
I saw no record or mention of the marriage at all till now?

A guy marries a woman with four children, she commits a felony and is sent to jail the guy runs off with two children, and
nobody knows this until now?
Something is really wrong there.
Plus his background was nothing but crimes and he lied so much people seemed to not want to bother with him much.
Only the strip clubs and the people in them seemed to be the only friends they had.
Suzanne had school friends.
Another puzzling fact is this I have always wondered this?
The man steals this child[ and as we now know her infant brother who is still missing]
he sends her to school ?
Yet the schools did not do their job putting facts together.
The school must not ask for STATE papers of identification?

Schools need to start gathering facts.
trace and verify identity.
I have a million questions about this case and ones like it.
In conclusion,
So happy we and Suzanne's family have her back.
Welcome Home
Suzanne Marie Sevakig
we have been waiting for you to come home.
:rose::hug:

If it's correct, though, I don't think it would be Estonian. It's a unique-sounding and somewhat ''melodic'' language that's related to Finnish; I don't know how to explain it but you can see this list of Estonian surnames, which gives you an idea of the structure/sound. 'Sevakig' sounds more Germanic to me, more specifically Scandinavian (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Icelandic).
I also have been looking for this name and I can not locate anything either.

The girl/woman who used the aliases Sharon Marshall, Suzanne Davis, and Tonya Tadlock has finally been identified.

Her real name is Suzanne Marie Sevakis, and she was from North Carolina. Franklin Floyd fled with Suzanne while Suzanne's mother was serving a 30 day jail sentence.

Read More
http://www.mattbirkbeck.com/blog/finally

If LIFETIME does a movie on Suzanne I sure hope it is a two parter done well and not rushed with false facts. plus interviews with the real people.

I just read this on doenetwork's fb page. I'm shocked. So what happened to the little brother? Could be be an indentified, alive or deceased?? Sad story. She was never reported missing??

Wow. Truth really is stranger than fiction.

Wow! Thankful her daughter can know meet her bio family.
I'm stunned that no one could figure out who she was until now. There had to have been some record of his being there. I feel that kids from my generation were disposable. Breaks my heart

The family is still digesting all of this and will need some time. In addition, there may be a meeting with Suzanne's surviving daughter (whom you'll recall she gave birth to in New Orleans in 1989).

I'm in contact with the daughter, a beautiful college grad, who's expressed an interest in meeting her biological family. That may now happen sooner than later.

I just read this on doenetwork's fb page. I'm shocked. So what happened to the little brother? Could be be an indentified, alive or deceased?? Sad story. She was never reported missing??

From Carl's link

The FBI then shared with her some details of Suzanne's sad fate, but recommended she read A Beautiful Child. The woman and her surviving children all read the book. Needless to say they are devastated. The agents also told the family not to discuss the case given they were also looking into the disappearance of Suzanne's son Michael.
Floyd apparently was willing to give some information about Michael but sadly, he admitted to killing Michael and, I'm told, the FBI was resigned to believe him.

The agents called the family this week with the news that the case was closed.

A friend said maybe Hungarian, I thought German. Could have been shortened/ changed when someone came over from Europe.
My daughters last name is Polish; when her grand fathers people came over, most had it totally changed from a name with yszy

*so not awake yet lol

What stunning news. This is one of the cases I have been most touched by and hoped and prayed to have it solved. RIP Suzanne.

It's probably sevacik or something closer to that spelling

I am surprised this wasn't solved earlier. Sloppy police work.

knowx has marriage and divorce records for North Carolina but I can't find anything for Franklin Floyd. I wonder if he used his real name? Could he have used someone elses id and name?

How many other cases have remained unsolved for decades because someone refused to take a missing persons report?

As to Suzanne's last name. I found one suggestion on one search engine that the surname might possibly be Armenian.

I think it's the maternal side of the family that is involved so a different surname altogether and in my sleuthing I've seen some family pics that I certainly think have a family resemblance

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back