Hannah Graham: The Search - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffled. What is the meaning in this?

The writing on the envelope with the cross inside was printed to look like handwriting. It's part of an advertising package from a TV or Radio Preacher. I've seen these before. It was either mailed to Jesse Matthew or one of his friends or family. Maybe his Grandmother gave it to him when he went by to see her after the abduction.

Yes, I too always wonder if JM was familiar to HG in a casual sort of way, but what I always imagine is that possibly in her time as a nursing student, she may have run into him at the hospital where he worked. It would be hard not to recognize him, he was pretty distinctive looking for his size and his bountiful dreadlocks. That is the only way I can see Hannah going off somewhere with him.

[ETA: Sorry, this was intended as a reply to Evie Ivy Over, who said she thought HG must have seen JM around and thus wasn't afraid of him. I agree.]

Yes, I completely agree. I actually asked this question on the other thread a couple days ago. If she had met him (or noticed him working in the hospital or whatever) maybe she would be willing to accept his offer to give her a ride. Also, if they did have a previous encounter, maybe he had set his sights on her as a target...just waiting for the right opportunity?! If he did do all this on an impulsive whim, JM was said to be intoxicated that night, (if that was really the case)...so, wouldn't he have been a bit more sloppy, leaving behind more clues? I guess it's hard to really know for sure if JM and HG had crossed paths prior, unless they had mentioned it to someone else in passing. Hoping today is the day Hannah is found!

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_e6c638fe-ed3f-58d0-8609-097109523117.html

Virginia News
Missing-person group to tour Virginia, as search for Graham continues

CHARLOTTESVILLE — As searchers continue scouring Albemarle County for missing University of Virginia sophomore Hannah Elizabeth Graham, one group is planning to visit Virginia to remind everyone of what Morgan Harrington’s mother, Gil, describes as a “cluster phenomenon” of disappearances in central Virginia.
The Community United Effort’s Center for Missing Persons will visit Virginia with its 11th annual “On the Road to Remember” tour, raising awareness for the missing persons and unsolved homicide cases that devastate families and communities around the country.

This just makes me feel they really have no idea where he went.

THIS^^ is how I feel. EvieIvy's Post #957 with the MSM quoting and paraphrasing police reports and Chief Long's quote"“I think the more we gather with respect to investigative leads the more sense, the more idea, we get as to when we believe that time period that becomes most relevant took place and how much time we are dealing with between her disappearance and where that need to search would have otherwise began,” Longo said." makes little sense.

What's been critical from the get that seems to finally be sinking into LE's head that they may not get, is where did JM go after he left Tempo with Hannah. That should have been the crucial question from the get go. Any and all sightings of JM on Saturday and really for the rest of the week are critical. A time line of exactly what JM did from that instant on needs to be explored and investigated.

I sure hope LE made a big time effort to sweet talk JM with someone very, very good before snatiching up his car at midnight or some other ungodly hour. That act would have shut most people down innocent or guilty. A little sugar might have gotten to him and made him think that he could divert them with BS. When you play hardball you scare some people so that they won't say a thing. The important thing was to find Hannah when she was reported missing, not try to get an air tight case yet. Now unless there is some very good forensic evidence, DNA all around, JM could walk.

Since JM is very noticeable, flyers with his picture should be put out, that and his car in areas radiating out from Charlottesville on and ANY video footage on road should be viewed during those critical hours in case his car is caught on there.

Because it is possible that JM carelessly ditched Hannah somewhere that Saturday morning, it is entirely possible he returned there to do a better job in disposing of the body afterwards. He had ben drinking and possibly taking drugs that night, and he might have been sloppier than usual. When he was back to full cognitve state, he might have decided to clear up lose ends. He might have done the same with MH. He may well not have done the pickups, kill and final body dump all in one session, in the dark under a time constraint. So JM's timeline after Saturday could be essential, particularly that Saturday, but also thereafter, right till LE seized his car.

By trying to keep the box of evidence air tight, LE could be finding out they have nothing in it.

Yes, I too always wonder if JM was familiar to HG in a casual sort of way, but what I always imagine is that possibly in her time as a nursing student, she may have run into him at the hospital where he worked. It would be hard not to recognize him, he was pretty distinctive looking for his size and his bountiful dreadlocks. That is the only way I can see Hannah going off somewhere with him.

[ETA: Sorry, this was intended as a reply to Evie Ivy Over, who said she thought HG must have seen JM around and thus wasn't afraid of him. I agree.]

Possible that she had seen him before, but so what? First of all the way the nursing major works at UVA, as it does at a number of major universities is that the students spend no more time at the hospital or medical centers until core classes are achieved. As a first term, second year, I doubt HG was there. .

The fact of the matter is that JM's demeanor, that Hannah was tired, drunk, confused, discouraged made it easy for her to accept his offer of help. He might even have had a UVAMC id on a lanyard to show her, but I think it's just the way he approached her that disarmed her. Regardless of why, it's very clear, on tape and verifiable by eye witnesses that she was not being coerced or forced to accompany him. Went totally willingly. And without evidence to the contrary, JM could have dropped her off where she asked to go, Without evidence that there was a struggle, a true assault, that's a possibility, unlikely as we may feel, know in our guts otherwise. So what if they had sex? He could say it was consensual, and then he dropped her off where she asked. Seriously, if there is any footage or witness saying he did do that, JM is off scott free on this case, unless there is some pretty good stuff in that car that shows forced harm was done.

Now those other case, if there are direct DNA matches, JM would be on the hot seat for them. But if the Fairfax rape victim refuses to come forward, and if the case with MH is not very tight, yes, he could walk from them too. I don't get the feeling that the DA in Charlottesville is planning any victory laps any time soon and is likely taking a lot of Alka Setlzer and Tylenol these days as is Chief Long. if they have some good stuf in the evidence pot, that s one thing but this last appeal makes me wonder. They are running up against a time constraint for the search. And 35 or so searchers in that terrain even with dogs and drones doesn't sound good to me.

I hope those civilian volunteer searches didn't trample over evidence. I watched 5 college kids, all UVA calibre, search a 4 X16 feet strip of swale/ditch with heavy groundcover, growth for a football they KNEW was there, and came up empty for 20 minutes. I wouldn't have bet $1000 that they wouldn't have missed a body lying there.

Well, now LE wants to talk to everyone and anyone who EVER had anything to do with JM. The other thing is, if LE is making the announcement that way, up to when HG was reported missing instead of giving a concrete time, there are people who have no idea when that was or are mistaken. The time she was reported missing is not a constant that EVERYONE is already aware of. I can't tell you exactly and wouldn't swear to it and I'm following details of the case pretty carefully. I'd have to look it up to be sure.

They should simply pick an actual time, Though, now they want to talk anyone who saw him anytime.

I believe they are trying to develop a profile.

I hope I am posting in proper thread. I am a newbie!
I have been following this case since the beginning and was pleased to find this site. I think what all of you do on here is amazing and it is so kind of everyone to take the time to help. This entire thing breaks my heart and I would like to contribute anyway I can to help all of HG family, friends, etc.

I have been reading through different posts and threads trying to catch up. I have a few questions and opinions of my own....
In going backwards through different articles I noticed this and wonder if LE has followed up. Source was from georgianewsday.com...in an interview with JM grandmother she mentioned that he had a live-in girlfriend for some time and was unsure what had happened to her. I woul

ooops....for some reason my entire post did not post. I will retype the rest!

MOD NOTE: I'm closing this thread about the SEARCH for Hannah since warnings to stay on topic have been ignored. Going forward, time outs will be issued for repeatedly posting OFF TOPIC.

Bessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member