GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
All just my thoughts and opinion
It would seem to me JMO to even offer reward like $1000 for any solid credible information leading to the whereabouts ......
then they can do the big $ for the arrest

Unfortunately it's usually only the.victim and the perp that knows and the victim can't tell and the perp surely wont tell. Jmo
It's very rare we see the reward collected. Jmo

Especially when it isn't clear that a crime was committed. All we have is a missing person.

The bigger question is : What exactly would PPD be arresting for??? What Charges?? What exactly is the crime???

I think I t.will be very interesting.
Something was.going on that night.
Seems Le is keeping everyone out in the cold on this one.

I don't know how long ago the mom moved, but, this WAS a high school friend. When kids are in high school, "most" parents know who their kids' close friends are.

Mine didn't. We weren't allowed to bring friends to the house or go anyway, so mine didn't know any of my close friends from high school. My parents met them when I was planning my wedding and they were in it.

Especially when it isn't clear that a crime was committed. All we have is a missing person.

Has a crime been committed ??
JMO Or has she just left her life in Texas and started over on a dutch goat milk farm churning butter by her own choice??
I mean why up the $ for an arrest and indictment .... JMO I am seeing a 4 stall horse trailer before 1 lonely stable horse

Has a crime been committed ??
JMO Or has she just left her life in Texas and started over on a dutch goat milk farm churning butter by her own choice??
I mean why up the $ for an arrest and indictment .... JMO I am seeing a 4 stall horse trailer before 1 lonely stable horse

IMO the point of that reward is to get people talking. Even if it doesn't lead to an arrest, they are hoping someone will come forward with "I saw this" or "I overheard that" and it can lead to some answers. Like we said before, if doesn't seem like the reward money gets collected all that often, but it might bring some people out of the woodwork. Some people are verrrry motivated by money or the possibility of cashing in on money that they will put themselves out there.

I'm pretty sure when it goes through Crimestoppers there is a very specific criteria to collect reward.
Sending positive vibes

Yes we all get that and fully understand .. but I think the point myself and others are trying to get across ..is
A. There is Not A Crime
B. If There is such a purported crime ..exactly what are the standing charges??

Searches are still continuing. My understanding is, TES used the drone only a short bit. Having spoken to some of the searchers, TES leaving put everyone in disarray. Some were irritated by how they led the charge. Others felt hopeless once they left. Seems things went stagnant for a while after they left. I can't judge either way, as I wasn't there in the beginning, but not everyone seemed happy with their methods. Maybe most simply hoped they would find her. Or not leave until they did. TES methods are different than the methods currently underway. IMO.

The searches are full bore again tho, which is a good thing.

People should be grateful to Tim Miller and TES for coming in to try to help how they could. They tried with a drone for goodness sakes. TES knows what they are doing. I'm sure they have their methods down just fine. They can't stay forever without more info from LE to provide them with a direction. As a nonprofit organization they do the best with their resources, financial and otherwise.

Yes we all get that and fully understand .. but I think the point myself and others are trying to get across ..is
A. There is Not A Crime
B. If There is such a purported crime ..exactly what are the standing charges??
the latest link I posted does not intimate there are any standing charges.. the reward was increased by an anonymous donor to CS and also mentioned that it does not mean there was a crime per se just that the reward was stipulated in that manner... could well have been at direction of the donor?

I think I t.will be very interesting.
Something was.going on that night.
Seems Le is keeping everyone out in the cold on this one.

I kind of get the feeling that they don't know much more that you or me. Either that or they determined that she left voluntarily and doesn't want to be found.

the latest link I posted does not intimate there are any standing charges.. the reward was increased by an anonymous donor to CS and also mentioned that it does not mean there was a crime per se just that the reward was stipulated in that manner... could well have been at direction of the donor?

That may very well be true. Thanks BEE
Unfortunately, PPD finds no foul play at the site of her abandoned car,no items,no information,no new leads in this case at the moment. And I for 1 am glad that a donor has stepped up to move this case along. Most of us including myself have been here for the long haul ..
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/massive-search-underway-young-texas-woman-article-1.1930596
There were no signs of foul play near her abandoned car, police said.

The last calls on her cell phone were to her boyfriend, but he did not report her missing, the woman’s parents said.

I would agree it would be more effective to offer money for locating her instead of for an arrest. I wonder if crimestoppers is set up to where they are not allow to give rewards except if there is an arrest.

People should be grateful to Tim Miller and TES for coming in to try to help how they could. They tried with a drone for goodness sakes. TES knows what they are doing. I'm sure they have their methods down just fine. They can't stay forever without more info from LE to provide them with a direction. As a nonprofit organization they do the best with their resources, financial and otherwise.

Agreed. Wasn't trying to bash. However the searches practically stopped when they left. And many of the searchers had a bitter taste in their mouth about TES.

But yes....was good they tried.

Interesting warrant issued today and another one issued 9.24, just my opinion

I would agree it would be more effective to offer money for locating her instead of for an arrest. I wonder if crimestoppers is set up to where they are not allow to give rewards except if there is an arrest.
Copied this from a Crimestoppers page, mandate is to fight crime.
'CRIME STOPPERS is a non-profit organization, which rallies the community, the news media and the police in a collective campaign against crime. Crime Stoppers' mandate is to fight crime and to combat two major problems that often deter people from reporting crime: APATHY - by offering cash awards & FEAR - by offering anonymity.

Agreed. Wasn't trying to bash. However the searches practically stopped when they left. And many of the searchers had a bitter taste in their mouth about TES.

Not saying you were bashing :wave: , it just really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth (understatement) for anyone who has something bad to say about TES. TES walks on water as far as I'm concerned. jmo

If the searches stopped after TES left, its not TES' fault.

eta: who are these searchers you are referencing? LE? Volunteers? Because I guarantee you Tim Miller has more search experience in his pinky finger compared to all those searchers combined.

Well I'm sure the family and searchers were frustrated when TES was first here and saying "We'll be here until we find her!!" etc and then all of a sudden they left. But honestly TES couldn't stay for over a month just searching the entire state of Texas! It's sad, but in my opinion TES must've gotten some info that led them to believe that searching would not be fruitful.

It has been standard for decades that crimestoppers offers rewards for information that lead them to a conclusion. Tipsters can remain anonymous. I'm baffled why anyone would question the practice.

JMO

For his efforts Detective MacAleese was named one of the people in the 1970's who changed the face of the United States and was also named the country's Police officer of the Year. It's also interesting to note that since adopting Crime Stoppers Albuquerque's crime rate has dropped significantly and no longer is ranked in the list of 20 cities with the highest per capita crime rate.

http://www.csiworld.org/our-history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member