IN - Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #3

Rosco (and I) are both THRILLED with this new national media coverage, but the one constant in the article is LE refusing to answer questions or take part in anything media related to help the case.

I'm glad I found it Dark Knight! I knew there was a thread here at WS so I've had time to read up a tiny bit. It must be very frustrating that LE refuses to comment. After all this time, one would think they would give up a lil tidbit so the public knows they are still engaged in solving the case. I have more thoughts but need to read a bit more before commenting.

Great reading you again! wm

A Somber Anniversary Approaches

(Mongo, IN) Early in the morning of October 21, 2005, the bodies of Terry and Darleen Anderson were discovered brutally murdered in their Mongo, Indiana, home. It was described as a gruesome scene straight out of a horror movie, but tragically, this was all too real.
Even more tragically, 9 years have passed and despite a $20,000 reward offered by the family, this double homicide, the first ever in Lagrange county’s history, has yet to be solved.
On June 18th, 2014, Amanda E. Anderson, Daughter of both murdered victims Terry and Darleen Anderson, was found deceased and has since been placed to Rest with her parents at The Mongo Cemetery.

To commemorate the 9[SUP]th[/SUP]Anniversary of the Unsolved murders, a Memorial service will be held on Sunday, October 19, 2014, at 1pm, at the graves of Terry and Darleen Anderson, in the Mongo Community Cemetery on St. Rd. 3 North in Lagrange County, IN.
Music and prayers will be provided by the Rev. James Bartlett of the Mongo Methodist Church. Guest speaker will be Sherry Musilek, Terry Anderson’s eldest daughter, who will talk about what life has been like searching for justice and closure during the last 9 years since the tragedy, in what promises to be a very emotional speech.
The event will be held rain or shine.
The public is invited to attend the service to honor the memory of the Andersons, and to keep the case from becoming too cold to ever be solved. 9 years is too long, as it is. What if they were your parents?

https://www.facebook.com/TerryandDarleen

https://www.facebook.com/TerryandDarleen#!/pages/Justice-for-Terry-and-Darleen-Anderson/151630811582854

https://www.facebook.com/events/263621523834294/

Well.... it's been a long time ... I'm sorry - its been so long since i have posted on WS.. Thank you DK for keeping WS'rs... informed..
I know DK kept telling me to go on WS.. that I need to post and tell everyone I am still alive..! (yea its a joke) -- just work... work.. home..work.. family.. work.. so little time these days..

It's 9yrs coming soon. Memorial this weekend... yet again.

Life goes on... time ticks by... more grey in the hair... Son is in Jr. high already... But there isn't a day that I don't think about Dad and Darleen and Justice. Still placing calls... still emailing.. still trying to have anyone listen and write a story or get LE to open the case... *yea that's a joke*

This year is quite different. My sister was found dead June 18th... I wasn't all that surprised..and to he honest - I knew the road she had travelled would some day have her end up where she is now.. Buried.

I still don't know how to feel about her passing... I do feel a lot had left with her... a lot of information that I feel she might have known... But .. alas... there isn't anything that can be done now. I don't know how she passed away. I am trying to get information from the coroner in Sturgis MI.. but nothing yet. I spoke to the Sheriff of that county the night/day she was found and he informed me she was found in a home where drug abuse was known and many other people who where there also were known drug addicts. His suspicion was overdose.
I know she was trying to get herself back on track... I have seen some pics of her.. She had her teeth fixed up.. she had commented about breaking up with BW and stopping the drugs/pills.. but then a few months later she was dead. Something in the back of my mind had thought - maybe she might have been wanting to talk? Do you think someone staged her to OD?? to keep her from talking? I guess LE didn't feel the pple who where in the home where her body was found wasn't part or suspicions. Might never know that information... so I try not to dwell to much..

This November will bring an election in LaGrange... which will be a new sheriff and new county prosecutor. I am praying that one of these two new officials (or both) can jump-start my dad's case and open those doors for someone/some agency/anyone - to review the case ... maybe ...

I will try and post more often here on WS...

Always have WS in my heart..
LOVE - Rosco

Hey katelynnk.. I too have been told probably OD. I am trying to get some information from the coroner but it's been months..and nobody seems to want to call me back.

About her Marker.. She didn't get a headstone.. She was added to Dad and Darleen's stone and buried with them..

My husband and I was working on the marker for her. Unfortunately I was not 'next of kin" so I didn't have any say-so as to what would happen to her remains. My two aunts were in charge.. Dad's Sisters. Hub and I were in contact with the funeral home wanting to know what would happen to her remains.. She had no money to be buried.
We were told by the funeral home that the State will pay for her cremation... but other than that - nothing else is what the State will pay.
So my hub and I were told that the sisters/aunts are in charge of what happens to her remains. We decided to call Rev. Bartlett from Mongo Church ~ ask if there is anything that he might know or can do to help. He gave us some great ideas and offered a small service once her remains were ready.
Well.. meantime some family members had opened a fund to help raise money to help purchase the marker for her. - - We were told by the funeral home that the sisters had told them that they didn't want to do anything with her remains.. The funeral home said if nobody claims her then they will then sprinkle her remains somewhere - like a flower bed somewhere - like homeless people go. So after a few nights of thinking about this - we thought that wasn't proper - wasn't right.. Dad wouldn't want that to happen... Hub and I called the funeral home and told him.. If the Aunts aren't going to get a marker for her... then that's not right she is sent off like a dead dog or cat.. She needs a marker.. She still was my sister and I have to respect that she lived and died.. and needs a marker.
So.. we told funeral home to tell the Aunts if they don't step-up.. We are... Well.. meantime.. that's when a fund was set up and donations were being taken.. Darleen's niece had worked with this.. I didn't have anything to do with the funds..But they all went to the church to help pay for the Marker. Meantime.. Funeral home told Aunts this and they decided... OH.. well I guess we have to do something now.. Well.. they took it upon themselves to call Rev. and make arrangement's for a private memorial for her and they did everything that Hub and I worked on trying to do.. They never told me about the services and then threw it at my face that THEY PAID FOR HER MARKER...
I don't care... She got her place of rest by dad and her mom.. She got her marker... as I had thought was human and respectful (unlike what I know they wanted to do with her remains)...and she is at rest. I had to put aside my feelings I had grown inside of me regarding my sister... I had to do what was respectful to Dad and Darleen as I don't have the answers and I need to put that aside and allow her to be respected and laid to rest as a human..

It hurt me that I could not be at her memorial service... The family told me that I was not informed because they didn't want the press there.. and that they felt I would have brought news people.. Whatever.. I would never/ever bring news people to such a private personal service.. AND I know how that all went down - that nobody wanted to give up any money until Hub and I started poking our noses and getting stuff done.. along with Darleen's niece... So there was a money being raised for her marker... and yes.. some of the money came also from family.. but it was all done thru Mongo Church and for her burial.

I hope this explains... and feel free to tell others in Mongo... maybe someone that had given money...as far as I know it was all gone to Mongo Church and given for the charges for her Marker on the headstone..
Thanks -
Rosco..

Rosco ~ Still checking in on a regular basis knowing that there will be a time when I get here and find that you finally have the answers you deserve.

Stay busy with life, that's a good thing. We will keep the candle lit here in the meantime. It will happen, it has to.

TCO ~ Keeping the faith

((((((((HUGS))))))))

((((Rosco))) Praying answers come soon.

As for Amanda. Recovery from addiction is work. I don't think Amanda was able to get to a place she was willing and able to do the work recovery takes. If LE believes it was an OD, it probably was.

Thank you for sharing what happened with the family regarding Amanda's remains. You're the bigger person in all of this. You're an amazing example. Keep doing what you're doing, the next right thing. You dad and Darleen are watching over you and are proud!

You continue to amaze me with your selfless acts towards seeing justice for your dad and Darleen. Justice will be served. Whether it is in this life or the next.

:hug:

Reading through three threads today on this case, the physical deterioration Rosco describes in Amanda was definitely due to meth, but that does not limit her use of alcohol or other drugs. One thing I either missed or wasn't mentioned was who benefited? Who took the estates assets under the will? How was Amanda allowed to take over the home place legally? Or was it legal?
This crime strikes me as several other WSers mentioned as typical of a drug-fuelled, meth crime. RIP Terry and Darlene. It may be some time before all the truth comes out to us, but God knows and He is the ultimate judge. Anyone that was involved knows deep down that their life is a ticking clock to Hell.

In the words of Col. Klink: "I know nuuuuuzzzzzzing!" :p
Aha! It was Shultz that knew nuuuuuzzzzzing, not Klink! So, let me ask you again...... Whatz up Dark Knight? Please tell me there is movement behind the scenes and that Rosco will finally have the answers she seeks and Terry and Darleen will finally get the justice they deserve.

Aha! It was Shultz that knew nuuuuuzzzzzing, not Klink! So, let me ask you again...... Whatz up Dark Knight? Please tell me there is movement behind the scenes and that Rosco will finally have the answers she seeks and Terry and Darleen will finally get the justice they deserve.

I CAN tell you that Amanda's cause of death was a drug overdose. There were special circumstances surrounding it, however, that I don't feel comfortable speaking about publicly. But not related to the crime.

As for the case, I can also tell you the county where the murder occurred has a new Prosecutor and a new Sheriff, so at least there are some new eyes and brains that just maybe will see something someone else missed beforehand. So while that makes me optimistic, I know enough to know that this will always be a pretty circumstantial case. Not that convictions don't happen in circumstantial cases, but the hard evidence just isn't there to be had, especially after 10 years (yes, it's been a decade this October.) But let's keep praying that the new LE can gather enough of the evidence to get an arrest and conviction, and catches things that those before may have missed.

I CAN tell you that Amanda's cause of death was a drug overdose. There were special circumstances surrounding it, however, that I don't feel comfortable speaking about publicly. But not related to the crime.

As for the case, I can also tell you the county where the murder occurred has a new Prosecutor and a new Sheriff, so at least there are some new eyes and brains that just maybe will see something someone else missed beforehand. So while that makes me optimistic, I know enough to know that this will always be a pretty circumstantial case. Not that convictions don't happen in circumstantial cases, but the hard evidence just isn't there to be had, especially after 10 years (yes, it's been a decade this October.) But let's keep praying that the new LE can gather enough of the evidence to get an arrest and conviction, and catches things that those before may have missed.
Well renewed hope is always a good thing and I would love nothing more than to have these fresh eyes find the people who did this horrible crime.

I hope and pray that Rosco and her wonderful family are enjoying life and that very soon they will have the answers that they seek. How unfair to have to live each day wondering who murdered your loved ones, I can't imagine the questions that must continually run through their heads.

And Wow, 10 years have passed and here we still are not knowing any more than we did when Rosco first came here seeking the truth. For that I am truly sorry. Nobody should have to wait that long for the truth.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back